Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks DeDMeaT I will check this code. How can I do factory reset?
Originally Posted by DeDMeaT
2. No. Firmware & hardware revision is different. It's best if you keep it on 6 anyway because 8 is known to run on 2gb minimum.
Shame because this Android 6 works for me slow.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by maczet
Hi, I have this radio with Android 6.0.1. with 1 GB RAM

1. What is the default code, because I bought the car and I don't know the code or how I can reset it?
2. Can I upgrade it to newer Android e.g. 8.0?
Hi

I think password is 0000 but you can configure it from Bluetooth settings.

You can't upgrade but you can check sygav Facebook page in which they post some current version updates.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone have issue with battery drain? I have had this head unit for about a year now and it is slowly destroying my battery. Before I never noticed the battery drain unless I am on vacation and gone for many days not driving the car. However, this weekend, my car didn't start up after only 2 days. It has progressively gotten worse. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes you can fix this buy changing the standby/shutdown delay in the settings/extra settings menu from 30 min to like 5 min. Helped me alot. Also if you have an ELM OBD type dongle plugged in your OBD its advised you remove it as it does also drain it.
The following users liked this post:
popdakebin (Oct 24, 2019)
Old Oct 24, 2019, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Does anyone have an issues with their GPS? I installed the receiver for it on the front of the dash, but it will only work if its connected to internet. If its not connected it needs downloaded maps. Any idea's on how to get it to function like a normal GPS?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you! I will try this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 03:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PhantomBlackEVOX
Does anyone have an issues with their GPS? I installed the receiver for it on the front of the dash, but it will only work if its connected to internet. If its not connected it needs downloaded maps. Any idea's on how to get it to function like a normal GPS?
Depends on the application. I noticed apps like waze or google maps needs the internet to function. Using apps like Sygic or TomTom runs independantly from the internet & functions like a normal GPS.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by DeDMeaT
Depends on the application. I noticed apps like waze or google maps needs the internet to function. Using apps like Sygic or TomTom runs independantly from the internet & functions like a normal GPS.
Thanks for the info I'll download one and try it out!
Old Oct 25, 2019, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by popdakebin
Does anyone have issue with battery drain? I have had this head unit for about a year now and it is slowly destroying my battery. Before I never noticed the battery drain unless I am on vacation and gone for many days not driving the car. However, this weekend, my car didn't start up after only 2 days. It has progressively gotten worse. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!
I checked and my system is already on shut down after 30 seconds. Any other suggestions? I read that some people pulled a wire?
Old May 9, 2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by LancerSRT4
I just Bought the 8.0 for my 2011 (with sub) all 4 speakers are tied to the front audio channel for some reason. Also, I the Sub slider doesn't have any effect.

When I change the balance to the rear speakers, it all goes quiet. When I change it to front speakers all of them come on including the rear and sub. it's annoying lol. I dunno if its a canbus thing or firmware.
I know its been ages but did you manage to solve this?
I am having the same dilemma now, seems like the front channel connect to all speakers and subwoofer.