Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
Very nice updated unit with the 4G Ram and 8 Core and Android 8.0
how much better this vs the 7.1?

thank you in advance
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

i just ordered the 8.0... lol

there is any updates for it or any suggestion before i install this one? i have one already fully set up, but the bottom buttons wont work . other wise its 100%.

Bothered me too much i needed a replacement. Before i start uploading the apps etc, any good software updates or any tricks should i know, makes it better as base unit?

here is my unit now in the car:

Old Oct 1, 2018, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just Bought the 8.0 for my 2011 (with sub) all 4 speakers are tied to the front audio channel for some reason. Also, I the Sub slider doesn't have any effect.

When I change the balance to the rear speakers, it all goes quiet. When I change it to front speakers all of them come on including the rear and sub. it's annoying lol. I dunno if its a canbus thing or firmware.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i just ordered the 8.0... lol

there is any updates for it or any suggestion before i install this one? i have one already fully set up, but the bottom buttons wont work . other wise its 100%.

Bothered me too much i needed a replacement. Before i start uploading the apps etc, any good software updates or any tricks should i know, makes it better as base unit?

here is my unit now in the car:

https://youtu.be/PfgLmwESQAw
what app are you running there?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 07:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by audiofan
That looks like racemeter. Its a plug in/add on for torque
Old Oct 2, 2018, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by LancerSRT4
I just Bought the 8.0 for my 2011 (with sub) all 4 speakers are tied to the front audio channel for some reason. Also, I the Sub slider doesn't have any effect.

When I change the balance to the rear speakers, it all goes quiet. When I change it to front speakers all of them come on including the rear and sub. it's annoying lol. I dunno if its a canbus thing or firmware.
if it was canbus related...you may not get sound at all. It could be a bug on 8.0. Maybe they'll update & fix this issue
The following users liked this post:
LancerSRT4 (Nov 5, 2018)
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

TQ pro with race display
Old Oct 22, 2018, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
TQ pro with race display
Thanks for your reply

Is there an app or add on to monitor knock? I have searched but nothing so far
Old Oct 25, 2018, 02:24 AM
Evolved Member

i really dont know that.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

so i got and installed the 8.0 version. i saw it somewhere, capable of doing split screen. But i cant find the way to do it. Anybody have a success with that?

thank you

(the 8.0 have a half a size of the unit at the back of the Display, looks scary small. Forgot to take a picture side by side...lol )
Old Nov 14, 2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by NinjaX
I got mine used off ebay, and then requested warranty since they have 3 years and they send me a new one.

if you do get this one or the LX you need to put the password of the Bluetooth to 1234 dont know why to pair it.
Hi
I'm using Torque Pro with MUTV2 add on on a Sygav Android 6.1 head unit. I have the cheap ELM BT dongle and I talked to the developer of the app (MUTV2) as poling speed is extremely slow and he recommended this OBDMX dongle.

So I got that but I was never able to pair to my HU and also my Evo X popped up a warning sign when I connected to the OBD adapter. So I thought it was faulty and I returned it. The new one did the same thing.

Were you actually able to get it to work and if so how? Are you please able to advise?

Old Nov 14, 2018, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Nikos!
Hi
I'm using Torque Pro with MUTV2 add on on a Sygav Android 6.1 head unit. I have the cheap ELM BT dongle and I talked to the developer of the app (MUTV2) as poling speed is extremely slow and he recommended this OBDMX dongle.

So I got that but I was never able to pair to my HU and also my Evo X popped up a warning sign when I connected to the OBD adapter. So I thought it was faulty and I returned it. The new one did the same thing.

Were you actually able to get it to work and if so how? Are you please able to advise?
You can't get the BT to work? Clear all Bluetooth devices from the unit. Change the passcode of the head unit to 1234 if necessary. Make sure to pair the obd2 dongle before any other device
Old Nov 15, 2018, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
You can't get the BT to work? Clear all Bluetooth devices from the unit. Change the passcode of the head unit to 1234 if necessary. Make sure to pair the obd2 dongle before any other device
Hm. I did not try that.

But the other issue I had was that when I connected the OBDLinkMX donlge to the OBDII port I got a warning message and a chyme on the dash just like you do when you connect the USB OBDII dongle from Evoscan for example.

Anyone had that issue?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 06:04 AM

Hi, I have this radio with Android 6.0.1. with 1 GB RAM

1. What is the default code, because I bought the car and I don't know the code or how I can reset it?
2. Can I upgrade it to newer Android e.g. 8.0?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 06:10 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by maczet
Hi, I have this radio with Android 6.0.1. with 1 GB RAM

1. What is the default code, because I bought the car and I don't know the code or how I can reset it?
2. Can I upgrade it to newer Android e.g. 8.0?
1. password is usually 126. You should factory reset the head unit if this doesn't work
2. No. Firmware & hardware revision is different. It's best if you keep it on 6 anyway because 8 is known to run on 2gb minimum.

Quick Reply: 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A