Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I gotta ask, is it worth getting this player for the price if i enjoy crisp quality videos? Can you see this screen very clear and bright in the evening hours? Is this any better than the previous version? I'm deciding between this or a LCD screen double din.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Is really good at night.

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
I gotta ask, is it worth getting this player for the price if i enjoy crisp quality videos? Can you see this screen very clear and bright in the evening hours? Is this any better than the previous version? I'm deciding between this or a LCD screen double din.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At night it's kinda bright, gotta figure out how to dim it further during night time hours.

That said, anyone able to get google auto (acting as the navigation) to work with it? Sometimes, I don't want to setup a mobile hotspot lol and the mirror screen is a tad annoying if the phone accidentally rotates.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only had mine in for a few days and I can already tell that tinting your windows will help daytime visibility.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasperin
At night it's kinda bright, gotta figure out how to dim it further during night time hours.

That said, anyone able to get google auto (acting as the navigation) to work with it? Sometimes, I don't want to setup a mobile hotspot lol and the mirror screen is a tad annoying if the phone accidentally rotates.
I am planning to buy the data stick only for it. It cost like $8 a month from Sprint.
I would never have to connect my phone again. It becomes full unit itself.

I am about to pull the trigger on that option
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
I am planning to buy the data stick only for it. It cost like $8 a month from Sprint.
I would never have to connect my phone again. It becomes full unit itself.

I am about to pull the trigger on that option
I've been considering getting either a hotspot or a data stick for mine too but the main one I was considering was freedompop since they give you an amount of free data per month, all you have to pay for is the sim card and the thing it goes in.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 03:37 PM

So I have my unit installed with the Canbus for my 2015 RF system. Audio, Bluetooth work fine, but my steering wheel controls won't respond. I used the other wiring adapter that comes with it which provides power with no audio of course, but the steering wheel controls worked! So I don't know what I'm missing here. I don't have any rca cables plugged in either. Don't know if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Once you. Onfigure the canbus on the factory settings the. Go to steering wheel control and set it up.

Originally Posted by EvoXSTL
So I have my unit installed with the Canbus for my 2015 RF system. Audio, Bluetooth work fine, but my steering wheel controls won't respond. I used the other wiring adapter that comes with it which provides power with no audio of course, but the steering wheel controls worked! So I don't know what I'm missing here. I don't have any rca cables plugged in either. Don't know if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by NinjaX
Once you. Onfigure the canbus on the factory settings the. Go to steering wheel control and set it up.
Yeah I already had that set up, set to 57 Mitusbishi Outlander Simple. Also With Amplifier. Tried setting some other factory settings to force a reboot, but still unresponsive.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:21 AM

Yeah I already had that set up, set to 57 Mitusbishi Outlander Simple. Also With Amplifier. Tried setting some other factory settings to force a reboot, but still unresponsive.
I had the same problem when I hooked mine up, all I had to do was unhook the battery and reconnect it. Once it turned back on I had full controls but I still can't custom map any buttons.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by OhaiitzDakota
I had the same problem when I hooked mine up, all I had to do was unhook the battery and reconnect it. Once it turned back on I had full controls but I still can't custom map any buttons.
Hmm, that's interesting. I can custom map buttons if I use the other wiring harness to power on the system, the one with the camera wires and ground. But I won't get audio due to the required canbus. I may try unhooking my battery then and see what happens. I would think there would be a fuse for that..
Old Apr 7, 2017, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I've been considering getting either a hotspot or a data stick for mine too but the main one I was considering was freedompop since they give you an amount of free data per month, all you have to pay for is the sim card and the thing it goes in.
I am not aware of that option, cab you send me the link to that?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 08:42 PM

Figured out my issue, the orange cable wasn't connected in to the other, working now but I have the same problem as you where I can't program the buttons. I may need to hook up the other harness first, program everything then switch them back.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
I am not aware of that option, cab you send me the link to that?
PM'd
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:27 AM

Figured out my issue, the orange cable wasn't connected in to the other, working now but I have the same problem as you where I can't program the buttons. I may need to hook up the other harness first, program everything then switch them back.
What the buttons are mapped to by default doesn't bother me personally since the call function buttons are mapped to mute, Bluetooth, and one other that I can't think of off the top of my head but I never use it so it's whatever.

Quick Reply: 10.2 Android 6.0 Q/A