Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Ecutek (I got response from them)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ecutek (I got response from them)

I've emailing David P. at Ecutek and he said that tuning software for the EVO X will be available soon. He couldn't give me a exact dead line. I asked him if it will be within 3 months, and he said it will be much sooner than that. He said he is "currently testing the parameters for GSR and SST."
Old Feb 26, 2008, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
I've emailing David P. at Ecutek and he said that tuning software for the EVO X will be available soon. He couldn't give me a exact dead line. I asked him if it will be within 3 months, and he said it will be much sooner than that. He said he is "currently testing the parameters for GSR and SST."
YESSS SST!!!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:32 PM

This is great news!!!!!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

awesome!

It's either the ECUTEK or the AEM EMS that I am waiting for...

-Chris
Old Feb 26, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
that is sounds promising!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is ecutek the best ecuflash for evo??what do you think?
Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

What about RRM? I'm sure Rob and the boys will be bringing some new toys out for this too.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DC_TypeR
awesome!

It's either the ECUTEK or the AEM EMS that I am waiting for...

-Chris
Don't they do OBDII emissions testing in cali? If so the AEM is a no go unless you want to go back to stock every year.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:52 AM
Account Disabled

Finally! Can't wait for the SST info to come out.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
Don't they do OBDII emissions testing in cali? If so the AEM is a no go unless you want to go back to stock every year.
You are wrong. Smog checks are no longer required.....for now.

http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/StdPage....ck/doineed.htm

California Home Wednesday, February 27, 2008 Dept. Consumer AffairsBureau of Auto. RepairFAQ'sFile A ComplaintReference Library:UsingThis SiteGlossaryNews and Upcoming EventsAbout BARFact SheetsPublicationsFormsSmogCheck AdvisoriesRepair ReporterOther InformationOther Web SitesStatisticsLaws & RegulationsVerify A LicenseAuto. ConsumerI / M ReviewSmogCheckTechnicians & StationsContactsStation LocatorSite Table of contentsFeedbackFor issues related to BAR's Web site, email the Webmaster: barmaster@dca.ca.gov
For general questions about BAR and its programs, email the Editor: bareditor@dca.ca.gov
Department of Consumer Affairs
Bureau of Automotive Repair

My CA This Site
"Do I Really Need A Smog Check?"
Not all vehicles must get a Smog Check. Additionally, some vehicles only need a Smog Check when they are being sold or being registered in California after previously being registered in another state. Whether or not a vehicle needs a Smog Check depends on the type of vehicle, the model-year, and the area in which the vehicle is registered.
Some vehicles are exempt from the Smog Check program
Legislation enacted during 2004 made several changes in motor vehicle Smog Check exemptions that will become effective next year. Following is a summary of the revised exemptions and the effective date of each change:
Beginning January 1, 2005, vehicles 6 or less model-years old are exempt from the biennial Smog Check inspection requirement. For vehicles with registration renewals due in the 2006 calendar year, this exemption includes model-years 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.
Beginning January 1, 2005, vehicles 4 or less model-years old are exempt from the Smog Check inspection requirement upon change of ownership and transfer of title transactions with DMV. In 2006, this exemption includes model-years 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.
Beginning April 1, 2005, the 30-year rolling exemption has been repealed. Instead, vehicles 1975 model-year and older will be exempt. Therefore, 1976 model-year and newer vehicles will continue to be subject to biennial inspection indefinitely.
Beginning April 1, 2005, vehicles being initially registered in California that were previously registered in another state are exempt if the vehicle is a 1975 and older model-year vehicle. Newer vehicles, the first 6 model years, are not exempted upon initial registration in California. These vehicles are required to undergo a Smog Check Inspection.

Vehicle Exemptions
Change of Ownership Areas vs. Basic and Enhanced Areas
Most areas of the state require vehicles to have a Smog Check performed every two years, when being sold, and when being initially registered in California. These areas are referred to as the state's Basic and Enhanced Areas. However, Change of Ownership Areas only require a Smog Check when the vehicle is being sold or initially registered in California. You can determine the Smog Check area you are in by calling the Department of Consumer Affairs/Bureau of Automotive Repair toll-free at 1-800-952-5210 or by checking the ZIP Code Locator on this website.
How do I know if my vehicle needs a Smog Check?
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will note on your DMV Renewal Notice whether a Smog Check is required to reregister your vehicle. In addition, an information insert explaining the Smog Check Program requirements should be included in that mailing.
No Smog Check required on sales within immediate family
Section 4000.1 (d)(2) of the California Vehicle Code exempts from the change of ownership Smog Check requirement vehicles being sold or transferred between certain family members, such as parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, or spouses.

Smog Check Consumer Assistance Program
The Consumer Assistance Program is available at participating Gold Shield stations for motorists who need assistance (up to $500) in repairing a vehicle when it fails a biennial (every other year) Smog Check. Click here to learn more about the Consumer Assistance Program and to obtain an application, or visit us a www.smogcheck.ca.gov.
</SPAN>
Back to Top of Page
Conditions of Use | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | E-mail BARMaster © 2007 State of California.

http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/ftp/pdff...smog_check.pdf
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:53 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by 05-EVO-GSR
You are wrong. Smog checks are no longer required.....for now.
You are reading that totally wrong.

"Beginning January 1, 2005, vehicles 6 or less model-years old are exempt from the biennial Smog Check inspection requirement. For vehicles with registration renewals due in the 2006 calendar year, this exemption includes model-years 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006."

That means if you buy a 2008 now, you would be up for a smog check in 2014.

If you own a 2005, you are up for a smog check in 2011. If you own a 2001, you are up for a smog check in ... 2007, then Biennial after that.

bascially if you bought a new car on or after 2005, it's not up for a smog check for 6 years, then biennial after that
Old Feb 28, 2008, 02:41 AM

I cant wait. I really dont want to replace the ECU just to get all of the mods running right. keep us informed on your progress.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Hells yeah.. that VERY good news.... oo i'm getting excited!
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prediction: Ecutek comes out....Tons of people pay a high licensing fee to get there cars flashed.... OpenECU becomes available a short time later and all those customers are pissed because they could have got the same thing for free and avoided having there ECU's locked thus making them not able to use OpenECU. When Ecutek came out for the previous generation EVO I got it almost immiediately, Ecutek had said the features that were available in the Suburu market would make it into their Evo application. That never happened, I paid the licensing fee on the premise that delta dash and user tuning and logging would become a reality for the Evo. For everyone who is so pumped about Ecutek take a look at the activity or lack there of in their forum on here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/fo...play.php?f=146 . I don't mean to be a downer, just wanted to let people know my experiences with Ecutek. In the end of the day everyone and their respective tuner should evaluate what's best for their specific application.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05-EVO-GSR
You are wrong. Smog checks are no longer required.....for now.....
Uhh, no I'm not wrong tard, I never said they were, instead I ASKED if they were required so how can I be wrong if I asked a freaking question

Quick Reply: Ecutek (I got response from them)