Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 Connection Instructions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2008, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I call shenanigans. I bet he has no 1.41.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't be surprised if he did....I mean someone else already bricked their ECU...
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xbox4414
LOL, is it really that hard to get a cable and read a ROM? It's no different than tuning a 9. And this will be my first time self tuning a car yet I knew already how to hook up to the OBD-ii port. You make it seem like it's no easy feat.

How to hook up a cable and basics of ECUFlash: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=201146

And more detail on how to tune: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=303230

And how the hell do you go getting a non-public beta release and post about it?

First of all, your attitude is uncalled for. Excuse some of us who just want to make sure there is an adequately documented way of connecting to the ecu of a $35K car and reading from it. Until I did it, I thought it would be complicated. Turns out the only hard thing was to find the OBD port, after that, everything went smooth. Besides, my reason for even trying this was so i could learn how to reverse engineer ECU ROMs due to my interest in the area. I was more intent on helping the community than shedding water on its efforts. But thanks for the links anyway.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDMEvo9RS
I call shenanigans. I bet he has no 1.41.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BigmikeOC
Make sure to show us the right end of the screw driver to hold and which gear puller you used when taking your steering wheel off.
I AM A NOOB. There, I said it, I am sure you were dying for that confirmation.

Every sensible person knows there is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer.

Its amazing to see that some of you have been members for so long in this community, and yet, you never seem to loose a chance to mock someone new to the community rather than lend a helping hand.

Last edited by CatalystGod; Dec 6, 2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't be surprised if he did....I mean someone else already bricked their ECU...
My interest is to learn ecu dis-assembly as I am a programmer. I am in no hurry to perform flashes. Until there is a proven stable version of the s/w, I WILL NOT do it. I know that much. I only used it to read my ROM. THAT'S IT. I am now using Hex editors to aid in my study.

Last edited by CatalystGod; Dec 6, 2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Where is everyone getting version 1.41 from!??!
I sent you a PM, you may respond to it if you'd like.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

LOL, please make sure you show us how to turn on the laptop and plug the cable-thingy into the hole....I'm so lost. Haha. Sorry dude. I just had to. It's way too easy to plug in a cable and read a ROM. I hardly doubt that if you asked for a how-to you can make a tutorial on how to tune, which is what everyone wants...
I am glad I was able to entertain you, although that was not my intention. The way I see it, The more accessible the information to connect to an X, the more the number of people who'd try it and start tinkering and posting results and issues. How is that so funny/bad.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 02:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by CatalystGod
so i got a working copy of 1.41 ecuflash and was able to successfully read my ECU Tonight. Expect to see a full illustration based tutorial on using ECUFlash with the OpenPort 2.0 on a EVO X by Sunday.
You may want to run your tutorial by one of the beta testers before you post it.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
You may want to run your tutorial by one of the beta testers before you post it.
It is not my intention to show software details at this time. Only hard connections, as to where connections need to happen and what to look for. Once the full software is released, I will post up those details too.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Don't worry about it CatalustGod, you seem like a cool dude. Any pictures, directions you post would be appreciated.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

^ I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for working on it. The more people working together on it, the faster it will be released. (I hope)

I was think about starting a pool for when it will be released. My guess is Jan 6th 2009
Old Dec 7, 2008, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Put instructions

I just edited the first post in this thread with the directions. I will put in the S/W instructions as soon as the software is made public and is confirmed to be working.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

ok so all i need is the openport2.0 for 169 and i can use the newly released 1.41 to read and write to ecu right?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pltek
ok so all i need is the openport2.0 for 169 and i can use the newly released 1.41 to read and write to ecu right?
Yes.

Quick Reply: Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 Connection Instructions