Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Remote Tuning Request

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes they have an AWD dyno, I believe Reg has 3 dynos IIRC
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:16 AM
Former Sponsor

I can definitely do remote tuning for you, however, I definitely don't have AP software
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

your going to need a wideband if you are going to do it remotely becuase you are going to have to do logs and that is one of the most if not THE most important thing for a good safe tune... if you are going to get it done on a AWD dyno then most places have a wideband set to there dyno
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:21 AM

Drop me a line, I can help you out too.

John
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aiden1983
$200 to put it on the dyno and $200/hr for tuning is too much to pay lightspeed. If u want a good tune call Reg at RCTS in Calgary. He is the best tuner I have ever met. If you google RCTS it is the 3rd one down (Riemer Consulting Technical Services). I am sure he will be able to hook you up with some amazing power. Once he gets back from holidays I am taking both my cars to him.
I stopped by there once, looking for Reg, since I'd heard good things before... but, there were only a couple of kids working there, and I asked about a couple mods, and they didn't seem too interested in helping out... told me it would take over a month to get the AEM intake that I was looking for and, at the time, the HKS Racing Suction wasn't available...

He doesn't do Accessport though, does he?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

I am not too sure if he does AP or not. But I def know what you mean, I went there and reg wasn't too interested till he saw my engineering ring then was more than happy to help. He gets so much business that he has forgot about customer service for prospective buyers. He is very black and white when you deal with him. Either your tuned right or wrong there is no middle ground with him. It is kind of good he is suck a perfectionist but he does tend to rub ppl the wrong way.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Japistani
Yeah, thanks... I went there in December, but he didn't have the updated Accesstuner Pro software... he said he'd call, but, haven't heard anything as of yet... plus, he wanted to install an AFR gauge, and I'm not sure I want to go that far yet...

Just looking for a little more (reliable) power primarily from bolt-on's and AP.
Cam has the software now.
Old May 9, 2009, 04:47 PM

Is there any good tuners in Edmonton?
Old May 11, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, tuning definately is expensive...and since I have an SST, I'm still pretty concerned about what the actual limits are... I've since gotten a full UR TBE installed at Platinum, along with my AEM and prepping for Stage II (removing boost pill)... she sounds mean as hell and goes pretty damn good too...

Not sure I need much more than that, but, we'll see when they come out with SST upgrades...

What are the rest of you AB boys running? xPRimNT/aiden1983/contagius?
Old May 11, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

I'm from Fort Mac and was planning on going to Cam/LS soon for exhaust install/tune. Right now im still hesitant on what exhaust to get and if i should go with a DP/O2 pipe based on if im going to upgrade the turbo in the future.

Right now just the accessport.
Old May 11, 2009, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

I've recently bought an intake from Cam at lightspeed and although i have yet to recieve it he was helpful in answering all my questions over the phone and via email. Customer service goes a long way in my books and I plan on getting tuned by Cam at some point in the near future.

FYI he changes 1395 for the Cobb AP with a full dyno tune. Thats not too bad at all!
Old May 11, 2009, 04:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WiCkEd-FaSt
I've recently bought an intake from Cam at lightspeed and although i have yet to recieve it he was helpful in answering all my questions over the phone and via email. Customer service goes a long way in my books and I plan on getting tuned by Cam at some point in the near future.

FYI he changes 1395 for the Cobb AP with a full dyno tune. Thats not too bad at all!
Holy ****. I suppose our $474 full custom tune with unlimited Mustang Dyno time may be a little too cheap.
Old May 11, 2009, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Holy ****. I suppose our $474 full custom tune with unlimited Mustang Dyno time may be a little too cheap.
Well he's including the AP with that price which retails for 800+ CDN so it boils down to <600$ CDN for a full dyno tune with the purchase of the AP.

Hope that clears things up
Old May 11, 2009, 04:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WiCkEd-FaSt
Well he's including the AP with that price which retails for 800+ CDN so it boils down to <600$ CDN for a full dyno tune with the purchase of the AP.

Hope that clears things up
It really makes no sense these days to spend an additional $800CDN for a device that is not needed to tune the vehicle.

If you are going to be custom tuned on a dyno by a competent tuner, then have them reflash the ECU. You don't need a game boy connected to the car in order to do it.

Save those type of devices for people in remote locations where customization of the ECU is not possible by a competent tuner.
Old May 11, 2009, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
It really makes no sense these days to spend an additional $800CDN for a device that is not needed to tune the vehicle.

If you are going to be custom tuned on a dyno by a competent tuner, then have them reflash the ECU. You don't need a game boy connected to the car in order to do it.

Save those type of devices for people in remote locations where customization of the ECU is not possible by a competent tuner.
thats me! glad i stumbled across this thread, i eventually will be looking for a tuner to provide email maps once i get the mods and figure out how to log data with my AP.

Quick Reply: Remote Tuning Request