Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

The PCMScan Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stoked:

I'm still seeing that you cap out at 75inHg though. I think the reason your boost is going past the 22/23 that we see is due to the way in which pcmscan does that calculation:

ManifoldRelativePressurePSI - BarometricPressurePSI - 14.70

Perhaps in your case the 14.7 psi (atmospheric pressure at sea level) constant is not quite accurate if your @ a higher altitude?

Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flagg77
Stoked:

I'm still seeing that you cap out at 75inHg though. I think the reason your boost is going past the 22/23 that we see is due to the way in which pcmscan does that calculation:

ManifoldRelativePressurePSI - BarometricPressurePSI - 14.70

Perhaps in your case the 14.7 psi (atmospheric pressure at sea level) constant is not quite accurate if your @ a higher altitude?

Yes, you're absolutely right, my local barometric pressure is ~12 psi which explains why I'm able to see 25 psi when you sea level guys get stuck at 23psi. Altitude FTW? When I made the post last night I was a little confused over reports of the cap being 1.5 bar.

The AP recently received some firmware updates that apparently allows logging beyond the cap. Maybe if we ask nicely...

Here you can see I'm showing barometric pressure of 83 kPa = 12.0 psi:

Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stokEd
The AP recently received some firmware updates that apparently allows logging beyond the cap. Maybe if we ask nicely...

Ha!

I may or may not be constantly lurking that thread in case they share

Old Mar 27, 2009, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Which Throttle Position are you guys logging. I am logging SAE.TP Absolute Throttle Position but that only goes to 86.7%. Do any of the other TPs go 100%?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 04:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nj1266
Which Throttle Position are you guys logging. I am logging SAE.TP Absolute Throttle Position but that only goes to 86.7%. Do any of the other TPs go 100%?
87% is normal and WOT.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
87% is normal and WOT.
I know that I guess my question should have been stated better. Basically, in the image in post 77 there are multiple Throttle parameters, but do any of those go to 100% at WOT. I have only tested the one that goes to ~87%.

Anyone test the others?

The reason I want 100% is that it makes it much easier to edit the log once it is exported in csv format. Finding 100 is much easier than finding 87. It might not be possible to get 100 given that the Evo X has a throttle by wire.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nj1266
I know that I guess my question should have been stated better. Basically, in the image in post 77 there are multiple Throttle parameters, but do any of those go to 100% at WOT. I have only tested the one that goes to ~87%.

Anyone test the others?

The reason I want 100% is that it makes it much easier to edit the log once it is exported in csv format. Finding 100 is much easier than finding 87. It might not be possible to get 100 given that the Evo X has a throttle by wire.
Sorry I meant 87% is normal and the new "100%"
Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:08 AM

PCMscan

Does anyone has a problem with RPM & Load, while logging. It seems like it is jumping all over the place.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Let me guess, PCMScan crashed at some point and you killed it? LOL. A couple of us have had this problem. I managed to solve it by uninstalling the Tactrix Drivers from the device manager, (deleting them completely off the computer), then uninstalling ECUFlash, then PCMScan. Then, reboot, and reinstall ECUFlash and then PCMScan. That fixed the wild bouncing/crazy values.

verkion
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:28 PM

Still not working

Do you guys have any more suggestion? I am still have problem with the RPM and Load.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 08:02 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
My car is going on the dyno again Friday. In addition to the UICP, exhaust components and the GST boost pill are going in.

I don't want to use PCMScan to log (at all), so I might spring for an EcuTeK license on this car so I can have a real logger.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 08:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Noize
My car is going on the dyno again Friday. In addition to the UICP, exhaust components and the GST boost pill are going in.

I don't want to use PCMScan to log (at all), so I might spring for an EcuTeK license on this car so I can have a real logger.
You're going to kick yourself in the *** if you do that and Evoscan comes out next week.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize

PCMScan is a real logger. It is even faster than Evoscan. The only thing that it does not log is knock sum. If you know how to read a timing curve, then you can tune w/o knock sum.

Before mrfred figured out how to log WGDCC, we tuned ECU boost w/o it. If you know how WGDC and BDEL interact, then tuning ECU boost should be very easy.

Besides, I am sure that Bryan provided you with all the WGDC and BDEL settings necessary for the pill.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

questions for you guys

I'm trying to log timing but my RPM's and Load are going crazy, do you guys know what PID's i need to check or uncheck for it to work properly? and which goes on the columns and rows? Do i also need to change the min and max counts of each?

also, I have an AEM wideband, what do i need to do to have PCMscan read it and log?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

See Quote...I ran into this problem, and this is how I fixed it.

Originally Posted by verkion
Let me guess, PCMScan crashed at some point and you killed it? LOL. A couple of us have had this problem. I managed to solve it by uninstalling the Tactrix Drivers from the device manager, (deleting them completely off the computer), then uninstalling ECUFlash, then PCMScan. Then, reboot, and reinstall ECUFlash and then PCMScan. That fixed the wild bouncing/crazy values.

verkion

Quick Reply: The PCMScan Thread