Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Installed WB today... questions..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 03:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yes, but its a bit tricky.

find a hill or jump on the highway, rev upto 4500 and then wait for fuelcut decel, then wait another 10 seconds or so for fresh air to be pumped through the engine, then do the recal..

i always check the IPW log afterwards to ensure no fuel was being injected during this proceedure
Old Jun 8, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes. Hollywood says that he drives down the road, lets off the gas so the engine is engine braking and then hits the calibrate button. When you are engine braking, the injectors are off, so fresh air is flowing by the sensor. I think you could also let the car sit over night and press the button before you start the car.

There was a thread about it on the other forum. I'm just typing what I remember off the top of my head. I don't have an LM-1... I have a AEM, so no real world experience with it.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 05:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yeh we have been doing it for a while.

leaving it overnight doesn't work too well...

just make sure your in fuelcut (using the HUD fuel usage screen can help here - ie when it drops off to 0) and then wait as long as possible then calibrate..
Old Jun 8, 2010, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahhh, ok cool
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

ok, so I went to plug into the computer but guess what? The cable that came with the LC-1 won't fit in any of the ports on this thing... do I need it or will the dongle log it?

Second question is, if the dongle will log it, which one of these logging parameters do I need to log? There's LM-1 this and that aux 1 2 3, recording... which one is the one I actually need to log the AFR correctly?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
ok, so I went to plug into the computer but guess what? The cable that came with the LC-1 won't fit in any of the ports on this thing... do I need it or will the dongle log it?

Second question is, if the dongle will log it, which one of these logging parameters do I need to log? There's LM-1 this and that aux 1 2 3, recording... which one is the one I actually need to log the AFR correctly?
You'll need a USB to serial dongle. The best buy one will work on the PC version of evoscan, I'm assuming that's what you're using to log?

EDIT: NM, saw you were using ATR. I got no clue about ATR. Only way to hook the LC1 to the PC that I know of is using the serial-usb converter.

Last edited by CatalystGod; Jun 9, 2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
You'll need a USB to serial dongle. The best buy one will work on the PC version of evoscan, I'm assuming that's what you're using to log?

EDIT: NM, saw you were using ATR. I got no clue about ATR. Only way to hook the LC1 to the PC that I know of is using the serial-usb converter.
yeah, I have the dongle plugged into the OBD port and then the USB plugged into the comp.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.accessecu.com/support/doc...bishi_EVOX.pdf

page 6

you need a serial to USB converter... why is this so difficult?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
yeah, I have the dongle plugged into the OBD port and then the USB plugged into the comp.
You're really confusing me here. I'll try one more time.

1) LC1 has a 2.5mm female audio jack
2) Dongle that comes with LC1 has male audio jack that goes into the female end on the LC1.
3) Second end of the dongle is a male RS232 interface.
4) Buy a USB to Serial (female) converter from Best Buy or any other store and hook the RS232 connectors to each other.
5) Plug the USB end of the converter into the laptop.

Have you successfully done this?

The OBD dongle you are talking about is the OP2.0 connector I assume. Are you trying to log the LC1 using the OP2.0 connector or a laptop? You can only do either/or.

EDIT: Damn! I keep forgetting you're using the AP. Only the last statement does not apply to your case. Basically LC1 connects to a USB port and the OBD dongle connects to a different USB port. You need 2 USB ports basically. If ATR is anything like Evoscan, it will overlay the OBD readings and the LC1 readings.

Last edited by CatalystGod; Jun 9, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by derekste

page 6

dude, you're really beginning to get on my nerves... I NEVER said it was difficult, I was under the assumption that when I but a KIT that KIT comes with ALL that I need to use with the car... go **** off.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

You're really confusing me here. I'll try one more time.

1) LC1 has a 2.5mm female audio jack
2) Dongle that comes with LC1 has male audio jack that goes into the female end on the LC1.
3) Second end of the dongle is a male RS232 interface.
4) Buy a USB to Serial (female) converter from Best Buy or any other store and hook the RS232 connectors to each other.
5) Plug the USB end of the converter into the laptop.

Have you successfully done this?

The OBD dongle you are talking about is the OP2.0 connector I assume. Are you trying to log the LC1 using the OP2.0 connector or a laptop? You can only do either/or.

EDIT: Damn! I keep forgetting you're using the AP. Only the last statement does not apply to your case. Basically LC1 connects to a USB port and the OBD dongle connects to a different USB port. You need 2 USB ports basically. If ATR is anything like Evoscan, it will overlay the OBD readings and the LC1 readings.
right now, i'm just trying to play with the software a bit, but I went and did a log through ATR and when I turned it off it asked if I wanted to see the log.. I clicked yes and it was totally blank... the dongle from the AP was plugged into the USB port on the computer, I didn't expect it to properly log the AFR, but I just wanted to see if it worked and it didn't. Then I tried again and ATR just hangs up... THEN when I got home the sensor had yet again gotten out of calibration.... so now i'll have to recal it as well.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by derekste

page 6

I'm looking at page 6 on this document and I do not really see anything regarding connectivity. A quick glance through the whole document doesn't reveal much either. Maybe you linked the wrong document or am I just going blind?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

I'm looking at page 6 on this document and I do not really see anything regarding connectivity. A quick glance through the whole document doesn't reveal much either. Maybe you linked the wrong document or am I just going blind?
"You can also integrate a wideband O2 (WBO2) sensor signal into the data logs. Select
the specific oxygen sensor you wish to use and indicate its associated com port. "
Old Jun 9, 2010, 02:41 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LOL Chill dude.

BTW, you probably lost calibration because of plugging / unplugging. If you slide the LC-1's mini connector in while the sensor is on (car is running) it can accidentally ground and send it to calibration mode.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

did you use a deep bung or a short one? On the evo x, the deep bung will put the sensor really far out of the exhaust flow and you'll always read too lean. You need to use the short bung so that the sensor is deep in the exhaust flow.