Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

3-Port Map help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3-Port Map help

Hey guys,

I hope this is the right place to ask,

I had to go back to stock for emissions *yadda* *yadda* *yadda* and the only maps I had with the stock cat were w/o my GrimmSpeed 3-Port,

So I installed the stock BCS back, put in the lines, and flashed back to a stock map, but have been having some weird problems with (I think the wastegate)...

I need to problem solve this and was wondering if someone could help me out making a stock map that would support a 3-port...

I'm just paranoid to fire it up with just the 3-port and no tune or my 3-port tune without putting my mods back on (I can't do that for another 2ish weeks)...

I've got an AP so I'll need to use their tuning software (or if someone has a map I could use), but could someone tell/show me which tables I've got to change to help compensate for the 3-port?

I know it won't be perfect, and I don't plan on running this hard/or for any extended period of time, I just want to figure out if something has gone bad with the stock BCS or the old lines...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

~Mike
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:22 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You could always just set all of your bcs % duty cycles to 0 until you can swap the car back.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the reply,

So if I set the duty cycles to 0 and run it easy till I can get it back to my normal setup it should be relatively safe to run?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MicMcKee
Thanks for the reply,

So if I set the duty cycles to 0 and run it easy till I can get it back to my normal setup it should be relatively safe to run?
safe and slow :P
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Haha yes safe and slow,

I got to be a master at taking it easy when my tuner made me use Valet Mode when I was breaking in a turbo on my old Subie , 3k rev limit is annoying as all get out...
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
You could always just set all of your bcs % duty cycles to 0 until you can swap the car back.
Both fine and coarse?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:39 AM
EvoM Community Team

Both fine and coarse?
I'm assuming you are using AP, so I don't know what those relate to... but if all of your DCs are 0% you won't be able to build boost beyond wastegate pressure.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I'm using the AP, they've got tables for both BCS's (Coarse and Fine) just making sure I change both of them...

They've also got WGDC Correction vs. Boost (Low and High gear) and Throttle position I'm assuming those all go to 0 as well...
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:15 AM
EvoM Community Team

Yeah I'm using the AP, they've got tables for both BCS's (Coarse and Fine) just making sure I change both of them...

They've also got WGDC Correction vs. Boost (Low and High gear) and Throttle position I'm assuming those all go to 0 as well...
If you set the main tables to 0 and cobb hasn't done anything crazy, the most correction will give you is +10%

If you want, you can set the desired load for each boost level to 0 also which won't add anything, or set the error correction (just the additive part, not the part that checks how far off you are) to 0.

I'm surprised there isn't very good documentation for all of the tables available in a retail software!

I'm guessing cobb could also be contacted to walk you through it or send you a properly adjusted map.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
If you set the main tables to 0 and cobb hasn't done anything crazy, the most correction will give you is +10%

If you want, you can set the desired load for each boost level to 0 also which won't add anything, or set the error correction (just the additive part, not the part that checks how far off you are) to 0.

I'm surprised there isn't very good documentation for all of the tables available in a retail software!

I'm guessing cobb could also be contacted to walk you through it or send you a properly adjusted map.
Sweet that's what I planned,

Thanks again for the help!