Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Bogging down on highway

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bogging down on highway

Hey guys!
Very happy with my tune, but 1 thing is a bit strange:

When I'm on the highway (or Autobahn, rather ) and cruising (130-170kph/80-105mph), when I push the pedal to the floor there is up to just over a second of hesitation before anything happens. It's kind of weird. It's like the Evo thinks: "Hmm, what now? Ahhh, GO TIME!"
It just hesitates before it goes...

However I never noticed that problem at lower speeds, like city or country roads. Either it doesn't exist there or is much less pronounced.

Any of the pros got some ideas? If it helps I could email my map...

EDIT: Forgot relevant mods:
- Grimmspeed boost control
- Full exhaust (100 cell)
- K&N drop in filter

Last edited by germanracing; Feb 23, 2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your system takes a second to pressurize and deliver the boost into the engine.. If you are just cruising, you don't have boost built in the system and the turbo is not spooling at its potential. When you gas it, your turbo spools, you build pressure, then you take off. Just because your at 4000 rpm doesn't mean you have boost built.

On another note, your so lucky to be able to drive the evo on the autobahn, My fuel economy would suck if I lived over there hahaha.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ►EvolutionX◄
Your system takes a second to pressurize and deliver the boost into the engine.. If you are just cruising, you don't have boost built in the system and the turbo is not spooling at its potential. When you gas it, your turbo spools, you build pressure, then you take off. Just because your at 4000 rpm doesn't mean you have boost built.

On another note, your so lucky to be able to drive the evo on the autobahn, My fuel economy would suck if I lived over there hahaha.
1. Yeah, the lag... But it feels like more than that... The boost gauge doesn't even move during that... It's like the ecu get's confused... Similar to how the SST will sometimes shift slower if the conditions are right (like getting off the gas while shifting up).

2. My fuel economy DOES suck and I pay twice as much for gas as you...
17 Liters / 100km