Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

FE Evo too lean?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I learned the hard way a long time ago that you just can't share information that's too technical or complicated on this forum. THis place is full of bolt-on bro's. Not to say they're bad, but its just no place to have intelligent meaningful discussion.

Deep down inside, i really do want to share all of my evo related findings on this forum, but i just feel it won't be appreciated or understood. I guess there's a reason the more reputable tuners generally avoid this site.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
I learned the hard way a long time ago that you just can't share information that's too technical or complicated on this forum. THis place is full of bolt-on bro's. Not to say they're bad, but its just no place to have intelligent meaningful discussion.

Deep down inside, i really do want to share all of my evo related findings on this forum, but i just feel it won't be appreciated or understood. I guess there's a reason the more reputable tuners generally avoid this site.
not nice.....

well , this is true , but I do post anyway since there is a lots of people who doesn't respond so many times , but in private messages or talking with them ,I find it out they do pick up good infos anyway.

I wont get into this who is who.
Its silly since in the reality very few real Pro tuner exists from the real Top the line Profeesional Racing tuners in this forum. There are tons of self claimed "pro tuners " here though . lol

ER is probabaly one of those real top of the line Pro tuners here , who actually has a name around + shop etc. So I would listen to.

My comment is based on the tuner I know of 20+ years from Europe. Way before even Evo existed here in the USA.

I do ask him since he is the one and most reputable tuner I know of personally.
The reason is why I reffer to him, He knonw in Pro racing( AND HIS CARS RUNNING IN THE TOP 3 then the top 10 always) from Canada to USA to EU to far as Japan in Professional racing. He tunes and runs many Championship winner cars, like last year Europian Rally Champoin car

etc. Al the way to Dakar cars to WTCC.

But he is not in this forum. So as many great tuners. They don't really need to....

Anyhow , you guys believe who ever you want, opinions are opinions, you dont have to take it if you dont like tit.
I just put it out there what he told me.

Rob

so the guy speak about how he feel bad because my respond and others, wont really matter. I am not here to make him feel better.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jan 13, 2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
not nice.....

well , this is true , but I do post anyway since there is a lots of people who doesn't respond so many times , but in private messages or talking with them ,I find it out they do pick up good infos anyway.

I wont get into this who is who.
Its silly since in the reality very few real Pro tuner exists from the real Top the line Profeesional Racing tuners in this forum. There are tons of self claimed "pro tuners " here though . lol

ER is probabaly one of those real top of the line Pro tuners here , who actually has a name around + shop etc. So I would listen to.

My comment is based on the tuner I know of 20+ years from Europe. Way before even Evo existed here in the USA.

I do ask him since he is the one and most reputable tuner I know of personally.
The reason is why I reffer to him, He knonw in Pro racing( AND HIS CARS RUNNING IN THE TOP 3 then the top 10 always) from Canada to USA to EU to far as Japan in Professional racing. He tunes and runs many Championship winner cars, like last year Europian Rally Champoin car

etc. Al the way to Dakar cars to WTCC.

But he is not in this forum. So as many great tuners. They don't really need to....

Anyhow , you guys believe who ever you want, opinions are opinions, you dont have to take it if you dont like tit.
I just put it out there what he told me.

Rob

so the guy speak about how he feel bad because my respond and others, wont really matter. I am not here to make him feel better.
I don't think the forums are full of idiots and i don't think you have exclusive access to true tuning knowledge.

Btw, your approach is an appeal to authority fallacy.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Robevo is one of the few star contributors on this forum.

That being said, i've found through personal experience that just because you're a 9 expert, that doesn't mean you know how to tune a 10. I've seen some very respectable shops loose their reputation because they mess up some 10's really badly. The 4b is a completely different platform that requires an entirely different approach. I'd hardly consider ER to be an X expert considering they focus so hard on the 8's and 9's. I'm not saying they're a bad tuner, i'm saying there are people that spend 100% of their time and focus on 10's.

Anyways it doesn't matter. The data is out. FE's aren't safe on 91. On 93 it's fine. The number of people this will affect is tiny.

I'll reiterate that i've seen OEM's do stupider things in the past. Its not inconceivable that this could happen.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:19 PM

Mr. @Robevo RS (is there tagging here?) I do miss seeing your posts. I don't go back to Xforums anymore since I was banned for telling them to stop reading my private messages. It's a shame we don't have you on the other one.

How is the rally racing going?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Locust
Mr. @Robevo RS (is there tagging here?) I do miss seeing your posts. I don't go back to Xforums anymore since I was banned for telling them to stop reading my private messages. It's a shame we don't have you on the other one.

How is the rally racing going?
Pm me i ll skipp this year because of work. But the car is awesome, maybe some hill climbs etc. instrad.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 08:36 AM

I have final edition I bought it with 10,000 miles I put three thousand miles. I went to Walmart today and my engine blew. I wonder if there is any information you can help me with. The Mitsubishi dealership has it right now in Lincoln Nebraska.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Wait and see what the dealer is going to do?

If the car is stock, they will have a hard time worming out of replacing failed engine.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noe Sanchez
I have final edition I bought it with 10,000 miles I put three thousand miles. I went to Walmart today and my engine blew. I wonder if there is any information you can help me with. The Mitsubishi dealership has it right now in Lincoln Nebraska.
if your car stock and never been flashed, has no over rev, they have to replace the engine etc on their own cost.