Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Stumbling at idle and under load

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stumbling at idle and under load

Noticed today that in 5th gear the car would hit a point and stumble pretty bad... now it's stumbling at idle. It hasn't thrown any codes or showing any knock on the accessport... hoping it's bad gas since I filled up at a station I never filled at before while it was raining. Anybody else experience this ?

Its just a really rough pulsing idle. It sounds like a wrx idling and when I hit the gas If that helps you envision the sound it's making ... ::sigh::
Old May 7, 2017, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cirielmd
Noticed today that in 5th gear the car would hit a point and stumble pretty bad... now it's stumbling at idle. It hasn't thrown any codes or showing any knock on the accessport... hoping it's bad gas since I filled up at a station I never filled at before while it was raining. Anybody else experience this ?

Its just a really rough pulsing idle. It sounds like a wrlx idling and when I hit the gas If that helps you envision the sound it's making ... ::sigh::
update... p0301 misfire cylinder 1
Old Jul 16, 2017, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cirielmd
update... p0301 misfire cylinder 1
Check/replace your sparkplugs. I had a similar issue my 2nd set of ngk fouled and I went cheap and got the autolite xp but you'll have to regap