Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

MAP based load calc tune

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MAP based load calc tune

This may be a really newbie question, and yes indeed I am.
I have a 2011 Ralliart.

I did a Evo X intercooler swap and just after that my fuel trims became unstable: -5 to -7 at some load/rpms.

I successfull rescaled my MAF using RIPNET's tool (thank you!) and the trims went to -0.5, -1.

When I put the MAP back in, the car didn't run smoothly anymore so I tried to disable MAF and do the same procedure I did but now rescalling MAP following the procedures step-by-step.

Now the car sometimes even stall when I pull of a traffic light or even manouvering to my spot in the garage.

Anyways, I've started to run MAF only and everything looks really great and MAP only under boost. The AFRs are really close to my HOFM, but there's a question I'm not being able to answer:

- What means when you manipulate your MAP table?
I mean, my wideband AFR is 11.2@6000 16 psi
My HOFM is 11.4@6000 at that load

If I put a lower value at that RPM/PSI on MAP table, Am I telling the ECU there's less air at that load and it should inject lesser fuel, or what?

That's really confusing, because I'm telling the load is not what it thinks to be, in another words, right?

I'm writing this post for 15 min now and still I don't think I've been clear.

Anyways, let's try this way.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 170 Likes on 116 Posts
bad idea

Originally Posted by sleandro

- What means when you manipulate your MAP table?

If I put a lower value at that RPM/PSI on MAP table, Am I telling the ECU there's less air at that load and it should inject lesser fuel, or what?

I am going to be straight with ya. You shouldn't be attempting to tune your car without even knowing what the MAP table is, does, and what it affects (and ALL other tables). You are most likely going to damage something messing with the ECU while not understanding all the parameters you are manipulating. You should either take your car to a reputable tuner, or hire an established e-tuner to tune your car. Your just risking too much whether you realize that or not.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 07:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jaraxle
I am going to be straight with ya. You shouldn't be attempting to tune your car without even knowing what the MAP table is, does, and what it affects (and ALL other tables). You are most likely going to damage something messing with the ECU while not understanding all the parameters you are manipulating. You should either take your car to a reputable tuner, or hire an established e-tuner to tune your car. Your just risking too much whether you realize that or not.
Thanks for your concerns, but actually I want to learn something about it. I'm not doing anything on that table if someone doesn't give me a straight answer.

best regards.