Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS EVO X Turbo kit Development

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
I'll buy it if it works haha.

And I'll PM you first if I sell my AMS parts.
Thanks man!
Old Jul 26, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whoa its looks neat
Old Jul 26, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

nice work guys-keep up the top notch work.
More teasers in a week? (Or should I wait to see Blacktrack in Aug )
Old Jul 27, 2008, 04:54 AM

what size turbo are you planning on using?
Old Jul 27, 2008, 05:37 AM
Account Disabled

can't wait to see the final product...ams rocks...
Old Jul 27, 2008, 05:42 AM

Thank you AMS!

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
The X has tight clearances and with building a tubular header in that small place you could really pose some safety issues with it. Causing a fire would not be a good thing on a brand new X.

Eric
I have an 09 MR coming this x-mas. I do hope this will work on it. Or I may have to get a gsr just to have this turbo kittttt. Awesome work AMS.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Also the engineers wanted me to note that the runner on the end of the plastic header has a pretty decent kink in it. If you look in the drawings it does not. Initially that kink was there because we thought it was needed for clearances. After test fitting it we noticed we could use a much smoother design which is now depicted in the CAD drawings.

Eric
Now I am part of the AMS "family" but that "kink" as you point out is rather abrupt and at right angles to the ultimate flow. Realize that you are limited to the space available and this design may be the best one can do. However, from a consumer point of view, it would be nice to have a flow comparison between OEM vs AMS. Could you not do this via CAD that is, a computer simulation?

Later, Ken

AMS intake
AMS Cat back
Iveytune
Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't seen anyone really looking into the sidewinder manifolds or anything. They seem to work really great for making high power on the K-Series (the motor in my RSX). Do you think anyone will be looking into these in the future for the Evo X?

Here's some pics on the k-series:

If you see this as clutter you can delte it...I'm just trying to help out since the setup of the motor is basically the same. I know your manifold is twinscroll which is a lot better than the regular restrictive log style manifolds we have for the K unless we go with the sidewinder, but I'm thinking the sidewinder would still flow better. I'm not sure what's best for the X though if you would want to make equal length tubes or not. I haven't really researched it that much as I won't be buying one until right when spring hits.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by aftershock141
I know your manifold is twinscroll
This AMS design is not twin scroll as it's designed to be used with the Tial single scroll, v-band, turbine housing. It should flow a good amount better than stock though and still being cast, should be quite durable.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spdracerut
This AMS design is not twin scroll as it's designed to be used with the Tial single scroll, v-band, turbine housing. It should flow a good amount better than stock though and still being cast, should be quite durable.
Oh I had heard different on another forum I'm on. I didn't even read the thread. Maybe I was thinking of vividracing's kit...I don't even know. My bad.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KPerez
Now I am part of the AMS "family" but that "kink" as you point out is rather abrupt and at right angles to the ultimate flow. Realize that you are limited to the space available and this design may be the best one can do. However, from a consumer point of view, it would be nice to have a flow comparison between OEM vs AMS. Could you not do this via CAD that is, a computer simulation?

Later, Ken

AMS intake
AMS Cat back
Iveytune
As I said in that post the kink is shown in the prototype but after we test fitted it we realized that we had room to smooth that out. The CAD Drawings represent the newest version of this manifold.

We anticipate this will fit the MR just fine.

Eric
Old Jul 28, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Craig King
What do you guys use to make your plastic prototype? Some sort of CNC equipment to shape it?
Nah, that can't be machined. I bet it was rapid prototyped. When I was a co-op, the company I worked for had one of the first generation rapid prototyping machines. It took about 24 hrs to prototype a very small part. The steps were extremely coarse but now-a-days, you can buy a cheap and fast machine for your desk! I saw one online for $5,000.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Wow!
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Eric

If you build a turbo kit as nice as the one i had on the IX I am in. 3076r please

CJ
Old Jul 29, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Regarding the K series post, thats the idea we were planning on taking if we fabricate a kit. This AMS kit looks like a great setup though. If they can keep it at 3999$ or less, I feel they will not have much competition

Quick Reply: AMS EVO X Turbo kit Development