Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

JAZ One Pint Mini Breather Catch Can

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAZ One Pint Mini Breather Catch Can

Hey guys whats up! I am looking to do an oil catch can under the hood. I was wondering what everyone was running. I saw this Jaz one on MAP's site. Looks simple enough and it's labeled as "mini" so it should be able to fit under the hood with no issues. So has anyone used it? Anybody got some pics they would like to share? Here is a link to the catch can I'm talking about.

http://www.maperformance.com/jaz-one...catch-can.html

Thanks in advance to everyone!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Yup, it will work...

catch cans are a simple design and that one encompasses all the correct inlets/outlets.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 03:01 PM

I'm sure it would work. I'm more looking to see if anyone already has it and can maybe offer some feedback. . .
Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

you can always get a air compressor, air line catch can. you can pick one up at a local part store. I know alot of people have them and they work just as good, plus its cheaper and smaller so you can tuck it away.

I am currently running a hose and filter on my valve cover. Filter is not that dirty so there is not much oil.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 07:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
It's a pretty nice catch can! I have sold quite a few of them and all the customers have been happy. I ran a few on my old turbo hondas and even my Volvo. The drain feature is really nice!

Let me know if your interested in picking it up!

Thank you,
Adam
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought one from MAP and had them weld a custom bracket to put it in there. I will try and post up a pic. I originally had the perrin one and honestly with the AMS intake I was not seeing anywhere to put that damn thing so I had to return it, plus a few other problems but everything worked out. I will at minimum get some iphone pics up later.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:25 AM

Thanks Murlo26, that would be a huge help!
Old May 28, 2009, 09:20 AM

The valve cover doesn't spit too much gunk out, but it sure does vent gasses, when u put the breather filter on it, it is really noticeable... makes a "whoosh" sound constantly when u are boosting.

The PCV valve is where you will catch a lot of oil and junk, on a small one like that you will have to drain it every other month for sure. The valve cover breather still does spit out crap, just not as much. A proper setup incorporates both of them..
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to revive this thread, but I have this catch can system on my car and have a couple questions.

Every trackday this thing spits oil everywhere in my engine bay. I thought it was just supposed to collect the oil in the can until drained? Its not full either, there is just so much pressure that I guess the oil comes out of the filter thing on top.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have a Nesei intake pipe, so I can't put it back into the intake tube (nor would I want to put all that oil into the intake. Even with the stock one i had a lot of blow by and there is some oil just sitting at the bottom of my intercooler).

Any help would be appreciated.