Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which exhaust doesnt bottle neck?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2009, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which exhaust doesnt bottle neck?

Ive seen some exhaust that bottle neck when they come off the cat. I want a exhaust that sound mean/aggersive at idle and at WOT. If the exhaust drones, that's ok jut not to the point where you and the passengers have to yell at one another to hear each other.

Also I don't know if there is any benefit to have dual setup vs a single....some of the duals remind me of a srt-4 to be quite honest.

help would be greatly appericated

is there any perforamce gain over singe vs dual?

Last edited by Djstorm100; Jun 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

anyone?
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

check out Ultimate Racing, freeflow and quality materials is one of the best there is for the evo X.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

single is louder and doesnt look good imo...but to each their own. Most exhausts dont bottleneck, and even if it does its really not a big deal. Check out ets,ur, buschur bullet(i heard was pretty loud) etc etc
Old Jun 8, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

see that the thing.. when people say " the exhaust is loud" to another it could be perfect Thats the hardest thing about choosing a exhaust for any car. listing to them on the net only gives it a little justification, it could sound different on the computer due to sound cards and ect.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

GReddy Ti-C Competition is 80mm / 3.149" and is a turboback, includes catless downpipe, midpipe, and a muffled axleback with burnt titanium tip, and the biggest reason I'm buying it is it's seamless and completely straight through, deep deep aggressive sound, tone, and moderatly loud, but bearable... Best part is it's cheap too... Check it out
Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Hello,

We offer an exhaust that is 3.0" from the cat/test pipe back. We do add 2 quite mufflers to rear of the system. If you would like a louder exhaust, we could always build the system with no mufflers =)

Let me know!

Thanks,

Michael
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scarface2jz
GReddy Ti-C Competition is 80mm / 3.149" and is a turboback, includes catless downpipe, midpipe, and a muffled axleback with burnt titanium tip, and the biggest reason I'm buying it is it's seamless and completely straight through, deep deep aggressive sound, tone, and moderatly loud, but bearable... Best part is it's cheap too... Check it out
When you say moderatly loud, is there something you can compare it to? I had a evo TT on my rsx and had the rear interior stripped out (autocross car) and it was bareable but had to talk little loud to hear one another while on the highway.

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Hello,

We offer an exhaust that is 3.0" from the cat/test pipe back. We do add 2 quite mufflers to rear of the system. If you would like a louder exhaust, we could always build the system with no mufflers =)

Let me know!

Thanks,

Michael
Pm'ed you
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Looking at the piping on some of them on exhaust thread...looks like Artisan Performance has the straightest, smooth bending exhaust setup but black can? really? ..haha
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:38 AM

I love my Perrin Exhaust and it has zero bottleneck.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

dual or single
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur with the quiet muffler. Sounds good at idle, not loud when you are DDing. Coming from a Turbo XS when i had my 9 to this is like night and day, but i like it.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Djstorm100
When you say moderatly loud, is there something you can compare it to? I had a evo TT on my rsx and had the rear interior stripped out (autocross car) and it was bareable but had to talk little loud to hear one another while on the highway.

Pm'ed you
Send you PM back.

We can build our exhaust system w/ a couple options.

V2 W/ Mufflers - $849.00
V2 w/o Mufflers - $729.00
*Single Exhaust System - $849.00

If anyone has questions, let me know!

* I don't have this item on the website yet, but we can build a single exhaust system.

Thanks,

Michael
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
Buschur with the quiet muffler. Sounds good at idle, not loud when you are DDing. Coming from a Turbo XS when i had my 9 to this is like night and day, but i like it.
I just want to be heard and have that aggersive idle and just sounds mean. Thats really what I want. After I get passed warrenty cams and turbo are going on it.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I have buschur quiet exhaust too. It hasat "growl" at idle and is pretty loud at WOT but then when just cruisin around its great even at highway speeds.

Overall I really like it. Great exhaust. The only thing i wish was different was how low it hangs. I wish it was up higher on the car.. And I heard the other exhaust is even lower.

If money is an issue you can prolly get one off the marketplace. I think some people want to get rid of them because they thought they would be quieter.

Quick Reply: Which exhaust doesnt bottle neck?