Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing EVOX double pumper fuel system!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur Racing EVOX double pumper fuel system!

Good news everyone. I finally have taken the time to take this stock EVOX fuel assembly that's been on my desk since I bought it about 3 months after we got our car in 2007 and modify it!

Our EVOX has been running the stock pump and 1,000 cc injectors with fuel left over, it's run 11.7 at 124 mph on pump gas. I have not messed with the pump because the car has gotten by without it. I also know other people have offered options for single Walbro's and I've left it alone.

I have quite a few customers who want to go with E85 and now that our car is going to be very serious for next year (9 second goals), it was time to finally do this.

Right now I just want to get the word out that other than one fitting I am missing that will be here next week it is finished. This will be a complete drop in ordeal that uses the entire stock fuel pump assembly.

The only thing you will need to do is run one single wire from the battery to the sending unit and hook up your boost source to the supplied Hobb switch.

This double pumper like our other one will come complete with the finished wiring harness, which consists of a Hobb switch pre-wired. You hook one one wire up to your positive terminal on your battery, hook up the boost source to the Hobb switch and run a single wire to the fuel pump assembly. The fuel pump assembly will has two wires running out of it for the 2nd pump, one gets grounded to the tank and the other you simply crimp to the wire you ran to the back. Done.

There is a lack of room on the EVOX and our initial double pumper is going to utilize all the factory lines and connectors, no external hoses at all.

This kit is going to eliminate the internal factory fuel filter just as our EVO8-9's does. Both pumps use a factory Walbro sock that is 30 micron.

The hardest part of building this kit is modifying the factory pump assembly, it is very brittle.

I will post pictures of the finished product as soon as the final fitting comes in.

This should take care of fuel requirements for just about everyone even on E85 with the current power levels of the EVO X.

I am expecting pricing to be $400 retail. I am going to require cores as of right now I only have one spare.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:53 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is good news...I have an e85 X customer at 450awhp that might want considerably more eventually and this will certainly do the trick.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
this is good news...I have an e85 X customer at 450awhp that might want considerably more eventually and this will certainly do the trick.
now we're talking..
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

I was just going over this with Ted here at the shop and had a revelation, completely bad ***.

He is running a part by the machine shop tonight to have made, what I had thought was the best idea, as I was explaining to Ted how were are going to build this, I realized wasn't ideal.

I should still be able to get this other piece machined next week and improve the flow by a substantial margin by doing so.

You guys are going to like this.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by linjy2
now we're talking..
now I just need you to order up the BR twin pump, 1000cc+ injectors and a 35R Jack

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I was just going over this with Ted here at the shop and had a revelation, completely bad ***.

He is running a part by the machine shop tonight to have made, what I had thought was the best idea, as I was explaining to Ted how were are going to build this, I realized wasn't ideal.

I should still be able to get this other piece machined next week and improve the flow by a substantial margin by doing so.

You guys are going to like this.
go david go
Old Nov 5, 2009, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Finally. Leave it up to Buschur to get the serious stuff made. Can't wait.
Nice work.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you... I have been waiting for a DP set-up patiently, and BAM - It is finally time to join the E85 Army
Old Nov 5, 2009, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure if you saw the engine thread already but we have the shortlbocks ready and are shipping them. Head is being final assembled after a year of work.

T3 turbo kit, double pumper will go in too when we put in the engine/head.

9's are the goal. Shouldn't be too much problem.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

E85 is way too addicting.....
Old Nov 5, 2009, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Not sure if you saw the engine thread already but we have the shortlbocks ready and are shipping them. Head is being final assembled after a year of work.

T3 turbo kit, double pumper will go in too when we put in the engine/head.

9's are the goal. Shouldn't be too much problem.
9's in an Evo X is an awesome goal for next year and I'll be following along your progress as will many others. Good to see you tinkering with upgrades that are needed for the X. I've also got E85 available nearby my house and it sounds like a great alternative fuel to using race gas.

If you can look into a larger capacity fuel tank (+3-5 gallons) with built in swirl pot to avoid fuel starvation I think that would be popular as well. I'm still eager to look at upgrading my final drive for mileage as well more speed in 4th gear through the 1/4 mile traps. Heck, even at Watkins Glen road course I was running out of 4th gear on the shorter stretches and hit 150 mph on the back straight in 5th.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hiboost
9's in an evo x is an awesome goal for next year and i'll be following along your progress as will many others.

If you can look into a larger capacity fuel tank (+3-5 gallons) with built in swirl pot to avoid fuel starvation i think that would be popular as well. I'm still eager to look at upgrading my final drive for mileage as well more speed in 4th gear through the 1/4 mile traps.
+1
Old Nov 5, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Finals drives are weeks away actually.

There is no possibility of a larger fuel tank and I see no reason for a swirl pot fuel solution.

The EVO8-9 tank is designed better than the EVOX as it has a much better sump system in it. My concern is to simply get the fuel delivery so the cars can make more power and the double pumper will take care of that just as it does for the 8-9's.

I'm looking forward to the serious project of making the X run 9's. I think it's going to be a pretty easy task given the performance we've managed on the stock engine, small turbo and pump gas. We will see.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Any plans of offering a Stock ECU Alternative Map Switch for the X? I would love to get on E85, but also want to be able to go on road trips without worries.

Thank you much for the final drive, as it was much needed.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 08:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Nice Work David !
Old Nov 5, 2009, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=
This kit is going to eliminate the internal factory fuel filter just as our EVO8-9's does. Both pumps use a factory Walbro sock that is 30 micron.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think the standard Walbro sock is E85 compatible. Please make sure to use SAE 30 R10 in-tank hose and a sock that's E85 compatible since a big part of the market for this product will be E85 users.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing EVOX double pumper fuel system!