Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS Evo X Single Exhaust System - 3.5"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by prodigy1210
Look at the bends in the exhaust. There are barely any.. That is pro
There are zero bends... it is all straight pipe stock. I see a ton of angles though, and a ton of angles means a ton of welds. A ton of welds means a ton of labor time driving the price up.

I agree that if you see the demand for these, definitely look into mandrel bending instead of welding. Even if only doing it in low quantities, the labor difference would make the price very similar and the aesthetic appeal would be much higher. A 3.5" mandrel bent exhaust would be awesome...
Old Nov 20, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is doing the coating and what temperature rating for coating? I looked at this for my exhaust but due to my laziness and poor planning time constraints prevented it. My honest opinion in the end was that cermaic coating was not going to be a big benefit having had cars with it before. And I was concerned about coating the downpipe and the temperatures coming off the exhaust.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Performance Coatings is the name of the company. They do awesome work!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Can you add a resonator or two as an option possibly?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

I am doing a satin black ceramic coat that is good to 2000 degrees F. I trust them as mike recommended them and has been using them for the coating of the headers he sells as well..

Currently I am not working so I am going to be running a temporary setup of the stock downpipe attaching to an ETS test pipe that is 3" and I asked for a resonator and a wideband bung on the test pipe which will then attach to the 3.5" catback. Only the catback portion is getting coated as this will remain for my final setup. When I get a sponsor or start making mulah again, I want to get a twin scroll turbo kit from ETS (the one with the dual EWG) and then I will get everything coated from the header back and finally not get placed in the ET bracket at the drag strip lol..

Stay tuned guys. Will have this exhaust hopefully by next week. Will do a full install video and sound clips with a very special experiment of "How many alarms can we set of in a parking lot".
Old Nov 23, 2009, 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Rohan,

The exhaust should arrive at the coaters today. Give them a call and they will get you squared away Any questions, give me a call!

Thanks,

Michael
Old Nov 24, 2009, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Rohan,

The exhaust should arrive at the coaters today. Give them a call and they will get you squared away Any questions, give me a call!

Thanks,

Michael
Thanks mike. Giving them a call right now
Old Nov 24, 2009, 09:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Awesome!

Michael
Old Nov 25, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Spoke with the coaters yesterday. Bad news.. They can't do the inside of the piping because the muffler is welded to it .. I asked him to give it his best shot and wish for the best. Their prices are really unbeatable and Derek is really friendly and easy to talk to.

Since this week has turkey day, the coating will be done by next week Tuesday. There should be a way to block the ceramic from entering the muffler and I hope they figure it out so I can have the inside piping coated as well..

Doing a velvet black coat, which is slightly glossy and not a complete flat black. It is good to 2000 degrees. Can't wait!

Thanks mike
Old Nov 25, 2009, 04:52 PM
Former Sponsor

I will give them a call on Monday as well. Maybe they can stick a rag or something in the muffler.. It's a large enough diameter they should be able to find a way.

Michael
Old Nov 26, 2009, 04:42 AM
Evolving Member

^ Thanks mike, you are soo awesome

I was going to ask derek to stick an orange in the piping and push it all the way back to block off the muffler but a rag will work better i guess.. lol
Old Nov 26, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Can't wait to hear it.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Phantom X Evo
Can't wait to hear it.
u and me both

Will post up a good number of install pics and ofcourse the drive by sounds! And most importantly, the alarm set off test
Old Dec 2, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Whats the weight of the exhaust and how much of a difference is the gains between 3.0 and 3.5? Can we get 20% off the listed price.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor

This exhaust is a special order item, If we get a few people ordering we will bring the product into production. We also plan on running this exhaust on our X after we build our new kit.

I don't have a weight difference yet.

Michael

Quick Reply: ETS Evo X Single Exhaust System - 3.5"