Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Cusco rear LSD for evo X or other brands looking for setup in and best pricing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 03:19 PM
EP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what bearings you have used on the new cuscos? did you re use the stock ones or had new installed?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Review please!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:13 AM

Bump!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I installed a cusco rs recently. You can reuse the old side bearings if you can properly take them off (which is a *****!). It'd be much easier to buy new ones.

I was posting about it in this thread: http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53067

I haven't auto-x'd the diff yet, so I don't have a full review available. From just a little spirited driving, I can feel the rear does come around more easily and with good control. The more you crank the steering wheel, the more it comes into play. It's chattery as hell though.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Forgive the semi-OT, but could someone please explain the logic behind adding a Salisbury-type (Cusco or Kaaz) LSD to a car that has AYC? They would seem to be in direct conflict with each other. The Cusco tries to lock both outputs to the input, such that the outputs must turn at the same speeds, while the AYC tries to turn one output (the outside rear) faster than the other. Does this still work, despite the conflict, because neither device is "perfect" and a middle ground between same-speed and outside-rear-faster is better than what you would get from either device alone?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

I want to replace the rear LSD with Cusco RS w/AYC, because I am tired of broken LSDs, I am on my second broken rear LSD in 40k miles. (street use only)
Has anyone tried it? does it work with the AYC?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Forgive the semi-OT, but could someone please explain the logic behind adding a Salisbury-type (Cusco or Kaaz) LSD to a car that has AYC? They would seem to be in direct conflict with each other. The Cusco tries to lock both outputs to the input, such that the outputs must turn at the same speeds, while the AYC tries to turn one output (the outside rear) faster than the other. Does this still work, despite the conflict, because neither device is "perfect" and a middle ground between same-speed and outside-rear-faster is better than what you would get from either device alone?
There is no conflict, the LSD is just locking and the AYC slips the locking accordingly to move the power.