Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

T-bolt clamps on ebay? Anyone bought them from there?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
T-bolt clamps on ebay? Anyone bought them from there?

Just wondering if any of them are any different or if they are all good? I keep breaking these cheap *** ones that are from the factory and for some reason a lot of the clamps losen pretty quick... over the last few days the tuning i've been doing has gone downhill and the tuner is pretty well sure I have a leak somewhere, so I check some of the connections and they aren't the tightest... so I tighten them down and now i'm wanting to buy some good ones that won't break on me... could someone point me in the right direction?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
Just wondering if any of them are any different or if they are all good? I keep breaking these cheap *** ones that are from the factory and for some reason a lot of the clamps losen pretty quick... over the last few days the tuning i've been doing has gone downhill and the tuner is pretty well sure I have a leak somewhere, so I check some of the connections and they aren't the tightest... so I tighten them down and now i'm wanting to buy some good ones that won't break on me... could someone point me in the right direction?
Are over-tightening the clamps? Overtightening is the only way I've ever damaged one and there are plenty of people out there using worm gear clamps without any issues. I saw a specific tightening torque for t-bolts posted somewhere once (maybe the Perrin website?) and that might be a way to keep you from repeating the mistake in the future. Just a thought.

The Vibrant t-bolt clamps with the reinforcement under the t-bolt are what I'd recommend. Don't waste your time with some cheap eBay crap; spend a few extra dollars and save your from future hassle.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

I just got a set of six Mishimoto's today and I am disappointed that they don't have the lip on them that keeps the metal band inline when tightening. They have a tendency to start to twist. These things need to be pretty tight if you are running big boost.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4xforce
I just got a set of six Mishimoto's today and I am disappointed that they don't have the lip on them that keeps the metal band inline when tightening. They have a tendency to start to twist. These things need to be pretty tight if you are running big boost.
yeah i'm running about 28 PSI.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, well if you guys don't mind giving me a hand my list is this, I think I may get them from here http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index...18f2b9786fa8a6

They look like pretty good quality.

I'm not positive of the size of the turbo inlet?
The AGP piping is 3", so which size should I get to go over the slicone? 3.25"?
I have the UR UICP which is 2.5" so what size do I get? I need to get the base where it goes to the turbo as well.. I guess that's the outlet? I don't know which is which... the one on the side of the turbo and the one on the top.

Sorry guys, I have looked at these online, but online it only tells you the piping size and not the actual clamp size.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

ok guys if anyone knows I need to now just know the size of the turbo inlet (where the UICP hooks to in case that's wrong) the compressor side of the turbo (where the intake hooks to? Those cheap hoses that go to the BOV, and I think that's it.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ones NAPA stocks are good quality... I've been using them for years. The only weakness is the nylock nuts need replacing after a while.

Typical eBay quality ones suck; I've broken many of those stupid things.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_EvoX
The ones NAPA stocks are good quality... I've been using them for years. The only weakness is the nylock nuts need replacing after a while.

Typical eBay quality ones suck; I've broken many of those stupid things.
oooook, well it won't be those then lol.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4xforce
I have heard good things about the ATP brand which is what I may go for, they are wider than others and can be SUPER tight. Anyone have experience with them and want to chime in on if they are a good choice or not?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Methodical4u
I think I may get them from here
That's where I bought mine. Quality is good and shipping was quick.