Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help! No oversteer!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! No oversteer!

Dear all,

I'm in a bit of a muddle, properly disoriented and unable to understand.

Ive read most posts on how to get power oversteer yet I cannot find why my car is not oversteering

so my car is a 2.2 gtx30 tuned to 450ponys

I have a quaife limited slip infront, and an RS diff at the back. AYC still functions and I put on the least aggressive setting i.e, tarmac.

I also have ohlins road and track....and whiteline rear anti roll bar installed.

Yet this car does not only not power oversteer yet understeers greatly in tight corners

I cannot understand, and have no clue how to make this right!

seriously I need help.

Thanks

Chassis
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Well aside from this being the wrong section.. Ill try to help if I can. So You need to turn off any traction control to make sure the ecu isn't sensing a slide and cutting or transferring power, also what are your alignment specs because that is going to play into how your car is handling.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whats the setting on the rear bar as well. I assume its adjustable?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Sound like you need a more aggressive diff in the back. Look into a 1.5 way setup.

-pal215
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Well aside from this being the wrong section.. Ill try to help if I can. So You need to turn off any traction control to make sure the ecu isn't sensing a slide and cutting or transferring power, also what are your alignment specs because that is going to play into how your car is handling.

ohh dear....yes sry mine is a CT9A

as far as I know I don't have TC on my evo...its a uk model. Only abs it has.

alignment specs are factory std
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
What is your current alignment? Do you know the spring rates on your Ohlins? And care to provide any videos or further info on what types of corners and how you are approaching these corners. Sure your setup could have a lot to do with the cars inability to oversteer but often times driver technique plays an even bigger role.

For example my car is setup extremely loose and my driving style is very aggressive so I generally end up sliding all over the place. Another guy I race with, who admittedly is a superior driver to me on the same course same exact sections where Im sliding sideways he ends up pushing. Totally different driving styles same exact setup yet different results. Thankfully he has yet to beat me in my own car but that is besides the point, lol!

All Im getting at is that sometimes its not the car but rather the driver.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by meckert
Whats the setting on the rear bar as well. I assume its adjustable?
as far as I know there are 3 holes, to select from on each side.

I bolted mine on the first hole.

Infact as a side question....would bolting it through the 3hole i.e. the most inwards hole make it tighter?

Thanks

chass
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by heel2toe
What is your current alignment? Do you know the spring rates on your Ohlins? And care to provide any videos or further info on what types of corners and how you are approaching these corners. Sure your setup could have a lot to do with the cars inability to oversteer but often times driver technique plays an even bigger role.

For example my car is setup extremely loose and my driving style is very aggressive so I generally end up sliding all over the place. Another guy I race with, who admittedly is a superior driver to me on the same course same exact sections where Im sliding sideways he ends up pushing. Totally different driving styles same exact setup yet different results. Thankfully he has yet to beat me in my own car but that is besides the point, lol!

All Im getting at is that sometimes its not the car but rather the driver.
I have properly filmed footage, from outside 4 laps same course...I would love if u can see it and comment. however I would prefer if we can do it via email or something rather then here, since the competition might be looking, if that's ok with you.

re suspension set-up using coils that came with ohlins
running very 3clicks soft front and 3clicks soft back....we have dirty and bumpy roads

re cambers and toe in...all standard ct9a settings done accurately using a laser wheel alignment (from a professional garage)
Old Dec 17, 2015, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
it's the rear diff. AYC won't work with it if you've swapped in mechanical. ACD, on the other hand, doesn't do TOO much in the power oversteer regard.

put in an aggressive rear diff, like a cusco or an os giken, and it will, pending the rest of your set up.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Well not to sound rude but your competition prolly wont like your set up anyways if it already does not work so I don't think posting here will matter. Escpecially if its in the evo x section.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Well not to sound rude but your competition prolly wont like your set up anyways if it already does not work so I don't think posting here will matter. Escpecially if its in the evo x section.

the admins can move my post whenever they like....don't know if I can do it, already apologized for this.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by kyoo
it's the rear diff. AYC won't work with it if you've swapped in mechanical. ACD, on the other hand, doesn't do TOO much in the power oversteer regard.

put in an aggressive rear diff, like a cusco or an os giken, and it will, pending the rest of your set up.
Got me a cusco 1.5way ordered today....

so technically speaking now....what I don't understand is what is the use of the ACD? Its a center diff but with front and rear mechanical diffs....doesn't it become redundant?

Cause I just need to jam it on tarmac since its the least amount of lock and let it be? correct?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
ACD keeps the front and rear axles paired, its the center differential. It prevents the front tires from spinning up when the front of the car gets light, or when the rear of the car has more grip, as when you're turning. You actually want more aggressive ACD settings to make the car rotate.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chassis87
as far as I know there are 3 holes, to select from on each side.

I bolted mine on the first hole.

Infact as a side question....would bolting it through the 3hole i.e. the most inwards hole make it tighter?

Thanks

chass
Yep... so to soften it up you would move it outward toward the end of the bar.., that will also loosen the car up