Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exhaust Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Questions

So i was looking at a bunch of exhausts on youtube for Evo Xs and I know pretty much the best sound i like but not the specific exhaust (If that makes sense) Like some exhausts i look at like ETS have that weird crappy noise to it (Maybe because cause its cold) Like this

and then the deep rumbly scary loud ones like this

What kind of stuff done to the car makes your exhaust sound different? Because I want that sound for my Evo X im getting next month. The reason im asking is because i noticed that the evo Xs ive seen that have that good deep sound, all seem to be like 600+Whp.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
The weird crappy sound you're referring to seems to only happen on camera. I did a straight pipe on my car and in person it sounds heavenly, but on camera it sounds like a tractor at first start.

In terms of the DG Motors vid... tubular exhaust manifold, downpipes, cams and a turbo are typically what affects the exhaust note, you'll see it more in higher HP evos.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Agreed with Jakgal. My exhaust note changed significantly when I had my tubular manifold and EFR 7163 installed. Also changed downpipes from the AMS piece to the CBRD piece, so that may have contributed as well.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 07:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ditto, I had a Cobb cat-back, cobb cat, and MAP DP. I swapped in an MHI 18K turbo and and a wrapped tubular exhaust manifold and the exhaust note changed significantly. It's still good but I think it was best before the upgrades. Best I can tell is that the wrap on the manifold is actually muffling it quite a bit.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ETS extreme is just like straight pipe. Have you try listen STM single? I believe they uses Vibrant muffler and sounds damm good. Plus open dump is good option. ��
Old Aug 8, 2016, 05:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a ETS extreme and want to trade it for ETS quiet or sell it.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Videos on youtube vs real life is completely different. Most Evo X's I hear on youtube, my own included, I don't like the sound of. But there hasn't been a single Evo, 4G63 or 4B11 I have heard in real life that I haven't loved. I think you have to go out of your way, and try extremely hard to make one of these cars sound bad in person...