Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch thoughts and recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clutch thoughts and recommendations

Hello everyone!

Time for me to get rid of this Exedy Stage 2. My old Dyno sheet is below, even though it's really incomplete. The only difference from this pull is an upgrade CMC and recently a new MHI18k. (incredibly pleased!) A piece of this is going to be getting retuned to account for the upgraded turbo. But I went with this turbo for the wider power band and less about the power gains.

Symptoms driving this upgrade is that my clutch has started to slip anytime I give it more than just a little power. Flooring it is not possible at this point.

So my question to you guys is what turbo would you guys use? I'm leaning towards a Competition Clutch Stage 4. Assuming I walk away from the tune around 375wtq, and some torque loss between the clutch and wheels, this really isn't too much overkill... But let me differ to this full community of evo builders.

Thanks in advance!

Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Bunch local EVO X guys running Comp clutch here. I havent hear anyone complain about them. when i need clutch, im pretty sure it will be Comp or ACT.