Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Cerakote C-187Q heat dissipating coating?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Cerakote C-187Q heat dissipating coating?

In the old times, heat dissipating coating was usually ugly in appearance and not too durable. I recently noticed that Cerakote has made available a rather decent appearing heat dissipating coating. It is yet unclear how durable this is, especially if applied to an intercooler which gets rock chips from time to time. It also unclear if this coating has other implications on the parts of our cars, such as durability, ease to apply, and if the surface works with with pipes and clamps. Do we have any friends that have experience with this or similar coatings care to chime in to share their thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Source: https://www.cerakotehightemp.com/fin...grey-air-cure/
Old Jun 20, 2017, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd have to guess on an intercooler no coating is the best coating. For one, you've created a black body by coating it black, secondly you've created another barrier layer between the cooling fluid and the fluid you are trying to cool (in this case both air). I'd have to see hard data proving otherwise.