Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need some feedback for possible engine build.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need some feedback for possible engine build.

Hey guys, I recently took my car to a Mitsubishi dealer because i was having a really bad misfire issue, I tried a couple different things to to fix the problem. For example, changed plugs inspected coils, etc . Mitsubishi did a compression test and compression was low on everything cylinder. Pretty much telling me that motor is shot. If not covered under warranty what road should I take on getting the motor rebuilt. Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by EvO MD
Hey guys, I recently took my car to a Mitsubishi dealer because i was having a really bad misfire issue, I tried a couple different things to to fix the problem. For example, changed plugs inspected coils, etc . Mitsubishi did a compression test and compression was low on everything cylinder. Pretty much telling me that motor is shot. If not covered under warranty what road should I take on getting the motor rebuilt. Thanks for the help.
Immediately leave the dealer before they ruin the engine or something else even more!
Now find a reputable tuner that everyone here in Evom heard of in your area and make some real power!
GL!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by DRAGHICI
Immediately leave the dealer before they ruin the engine or something else even more!
Now find a reputable tuner that everyone here in Evom heard of in your area and make some real power!
GL!
Yea I am waiting to hear back from the service rep to see if the car is gonna be covered by warranty. Would you still consider taking my car from them if they offer to cover the motor? The car was tuned by Iveytune about a year in a half ago.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
if they offer to cover the motor leave it there unless you have money to burn and want to spend it on a built motor. If you plan on making less than 500WHP and only drive on street then don't bother witha built motor.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:50 PM

If they cover the motor then yes leave it .

If they DONT take it out of there and come to me!

I'll PM you