Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Potential pitfalls of the next Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potential pitfalls of the next Evolution

Taken from the Misubishi Magazine. Maybe as long as with mods I will let them do first and if with dyno proven results I will do it. As long as no internal changes I'm fine with that.
First mods is to lower it down because it's like an SUV to me. I saw some dealer shocks in some japanese brochure before and there is an optional height adjustable shocks available. I hope this is available with MR.

Maybe Re-post?
Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

If you want to mod your X, get the GSR with 5MT. If you plan on keeping it mostly stock, get the MR with SST.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_z
If you want to mod your X, get the GSR with 5MT. If you plan on keeping it mostly stock, get the MR with SST.

Many potential buyers of X is still undecided if 5mt or sst. If ever they make it 6MT there's no need to ask.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

there's no doubt car are becoming more and more complex, just wait a second until they introduce direct injection into cylinder head . Basically if you love modding you're better off to keep things as simple as possible. I know there's upgrades for the DSG box on the VW and it costs like +$7K with labor and upgraded clutch packs+tcm reprogram. When direct injection is introduced into later evolution models it probably won't cost $300-550 anymore for a simple reflash but at least we will still be able to mod it (hopefully)
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

LOL, guess I'm not the only one that has thought of this.

l8r)
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Now this is a legitimate worry I have about the X. I just do not understand why Mitsubishi wouldn't offer the MR with a 6-Speed Manual option??? Perhaps later on it will be made available.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

I just drove this car in GT5 Prologue and I can tell you that the X turns VERY VERY VERY well and that transmission shifts ULTRA fast. The new GTR shifts fast too but the setup in the EVO X is crazy. If this is any indication as to the real performance of this car, it WILL be one very nasty track machine. Seems mitsu has moved away from rallying and towards total track domination. I know these arent real world reviews but I think people will be surprised to see how well the Evo X lives up to its ancestors.

Edit:
And also with a little time, no one will worry about the tiny issues with the new 6 spd gearbox's adaptability or longevity with regards to added power. I cant wait to see if Vishnu and their Procede will have total control over every perameter in the Evo X

Last edited by NoTec; Oct 29, 2007 at 06:43 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Like I said before, if I cop this I'll wait a good year before seeking anymore engine mods.

I think I'm the only one who's pondering on the one close-definite on how additional power'll be unleashed. Like, for Europe's FQ series... wouldn't there be a way to perhaps copycat how they'll have like... 360hp on some of their models models? (which I assume will include SST).