Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Theres no denying the X looks the Best...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2008, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO- I dont think the X will be the car the evo 8 or 9 is. Thats just my opinion, with that said here is why i think that. The X is going to have to make 30-50 more horse than any modded 8 or 9 to compete, unless you plan on cutting ALOT of weight out of the X. As far as the motor, its hard to beat the ol 4g63 performance, NOT saying the 4b11 wont make that kind of power reliably, but time will tell. If it does not live up to the 4g63, there will be alot of people looking to go back to the evo8 and 9's. I do like some looks of the X, but there is some things i do not like, I Personally would not give up a stock evo 8 for a X just yet!
REMEMBER this, what you read in a magazine about a car dont always hold true, wait till you see some track times out of the X before claiming dominance over the 8 and 9. Ok Flame away on me

Trent

Last edited by IHUNTV8; Mar 1, 2008 at 06:50 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DRAGHICI
the x turned into the old sti, you cant tell the differance from a regular evo.
it now looks like everyone has an evo x

i like the prestige of the old evo, knowing it doesnt look like a regular lancer.
No different than an VIII or IX. The cars are going to share a similar look by their inherent design.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IHUNTV8
IMO- I dont think the X will be the car the evo 8 or 9 is. Thats just my opinion, with that said here is why i think that. The X is going to have to make 30-50 more horse than any modded 8 or 9 to compete, unless you plan on cutting ALOT of weight out of the X. As far as the motor, its hard to beat the ol 4g63 performance, NOT saying the 4b11 wont make that kind of power reliably, but time will tell. If it does not live up to the 4g63, there will be alot of people looking to go back to the evo8 and 9's. I do like some looks of the X, but there is some things i do not like, I Personally would not give up a stock evo 8 for a X just yet!
REMEMBER this, what you read in a magazine about a car dont always hold true, wait till you see some track times out of the X before claiming dominance over the 8 and 9. Ok Flame away on me

Trent
I don't give two licks about drag racing and think my X is a substantially better car than my VIII was.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Again thats your opinion, and i have mine, im not just talking about drag racing!

If one car weights 3500lbs and the other weights 3100 lbs, and they both make the same power, which one do you want to drive around a track?
Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Again thats your opinion, and i have mine, im not just talking about drag racing!

If one car weights 3500lbs and the other weights 3100 lbs, and they both make the same power, which one do you want to drive around a track?
The lighter one obviously but I don't live in a world of absolutes. If I wanted a dedicated track car, I certainly wouldn't be looking at portly AWD sedans (That includes the VIII, IX, or X) with finicky drivetrains. I'd buy something light, cheap, and simple like an Elise, an older 911, or a Miata.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Agree, but off topic. I thought we where comparing two different Evo's.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Agree, but off topic. I thought we where comparing two different Evo's.
I think we simply have different perspectives on this. I adored my VIII and selling it was an enormous mistake.

You work in the industry, probably spend a lot of time tracking your vehicles, and would have every reason to prefer the more mechanical, lighter, more capable (Yes, I'm not denying this) IX/VIII.

I am someone who uses it for a daily driver and will do the occasional driver's education event but never will be a hardcore track junky. For that, I vastly prefer the X as it doesn't wear me down when I'm working 7 days/week and getting to work at ~7 AM.

I guess you could say that I'm really the targeted audience for the new X while you may be the previous audience that has been slighted by its blunted performance and added weight.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

If your happy with the car, thats all that matters, I see your point!

I just read some of this thread
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=328845
Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

the older evo's were just boxier... they looked more like econo sedans than the new evo X... materials are about the same in all actuality until I see the MR in person....

my evo 8 was a more focused tool... but I think the evo X is a better daily driver and is 9/10ths the car on the track
Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

The EVO has always been about performance, do you think the EVO X has EVOLVED in performance over the previous models?
Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:48 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

The EVO has always been about performance, do you think the EVO X has EVOLVED in performance over the previous models?
Did the VIII evolve over the VI and VII? Everybody hated the VII when it came out and the increased performance just wasn't there over the VI. But, yes, I prefer the handling of the X over the VIII/IX so IMHO it has evolved.

I don't understand why you VIII/IX owners insist on coming in this forum and putting our cars down. I can sit here all day long and argue looks with you but it's subjective and we'll never win an argument about whose opinion is best. We believe we made the right choice in cars and so do you, so why come here and try to prove your opinion? I don't troll the other forums telling people how much better my X is than their VIII/IX so why do you guys feel the need to do the opposite?

And to all you ricers who are ashamed that it looks like a base model Lancer: if it does, then that's fine by me. I don't need bulging fenders and hedgehogs on my roof to try and prove my manliness. Put the pedal down and head for the corners and you'll see who's driving the base model. That's all that matters to me.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:52 AM
Account Disabled

After driving VIII's, IX's, and now our X.. I can confidently say that they're different enough to not even be comparable. The X is a much "nicer" car, one that makes for a great daily driver and sporting car. The VIII and IX are good DD, but with more of a focus on performance at the sacrifice of NVH. It's funny to say that, but they're that different. The outright performance of the new one will remain to be seen.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

the MR will be much more refined... thats the real DD....

I never owned a evo 9, just one of the 1st batch of evo 8's... and maybe if I owned a evo 9 MR it wouldnt be so different.... but being older the vortex generators and big wing began to be a turnoff with clients, wife and cops

the evo X's looks are more subtle, but the car looks more muscular
Old Mar 1, 2008, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

I don't care for the luck. Not at all. Just doesn't look right for a rally inspired vehicle. Anectodal, I was at my cousin's last weekend and his neighbors father was looking at my car and said that the older evo's look like cars with ***** where the new X is just looking like your everyday sedan. I can see that to a point...I mean it looks nice, but does not have individual physical characteristics that stand WAY out compared to other vehicles on the market.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

true, depends if you want to stand WAY the hell out.... because its not always a positive