Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Aero kit fitment issue -- Let MMNA know about it

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2009, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, make sure you bring this to mitsubishi attention, the more we rant about this the sooner they'll release an actual fix, not band aid!
Old Sep 9, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zarl
Mitsubishi released a technical service bulletin for repair of the side skirts of aero kit. I'd like to believe that the folks that complained about this on the Evo boards made this happen -- thanks!

I have a poor fax copy of it, and it appears to involve removing some tape on a mounting bracket and replacing it with a thinner piece of tape. The procedure only appears to fix the rear part of the kit, and does nothing to address the poor fitment at the front of the kit.

Can anyone post a clean copy of TSB-08-66-001?

The Mitsubishi part number for the kit is MZ314239 (Kit, Side Air Dam Repair).
anyone have a direct link to this service bulliten, i would like to print a copy and bring it to the dealership
Old Sep 9, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
anyone have a direct link to this service bulliten, i would like to print a copy and bring it to the dealership
Here's your TSB-08-66-001: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BDMM0HSX
I posted it some time ago in this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...w-how-fix.html

And here, in this other thread, you can find online the OEM repair kit used in the TSB:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...epair-kit.html

Hope this can help you.
Bye
Old Sep 9, 2009, 04:01 PM
raz
Evolving Member

i removed my side skirt removed the rivet, and the two way tape, cleaned the plastic tab and the back of the sideskirt, used some 3m double sided tape and epoxy stuck it back in place and put a new rivet in, the trick is to have the tab mount flush with the back of the skirt, so use some clamps to hold down the tap, now the side skirt fits perfect in fact better then drivers side, i am going to repeat this with the drivers side once i have enough time
Old Mar 24, 2010, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Thank goodness for this thread! I had my car for less than 3 months (2010 GSR/Aero) and the passenger aero is starting to sagg BIG TIME!!

I called the dealer and they are going to take care if it. Hopefully the repair kit will hold it up better..
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

My passenger side skirt was sagging at the end of last year. I brought it to the dealership, and had them replace it completely. It's a little better now, but still not completely flush with the rest of the body. They say that because the skirt's bolted on there, there's nothing else they can do.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:00 PM

my rear spat never sticks and i only have 1500 on the car!! worst idea ever to buy the aero kit.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by 4b11ftw
my rear spat never sticks and i only have 1500 on the car!! worst idea ever to buy the aero kit.

This thread is almost 2 years old...

but since its bumped, worth saying that my car has 20k on it and the aerokit is fine. The sideskirts have even gotten scuffed a bit from unfortunate shoe contact, and there is no sag at all.

Only trouble is the passenger side rear is about 1/8" out as the result of an unfortunate curb incident and I am too lazy to remove and remount since its really not bad and is still secure. That would have happened with any skirt.

Personally I think the kit is great and totally worth it for the appearance boost.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by mlambert890
This thread is almost 2 years old...

but since its bumped, worth saying that my car has 20k on it and the aerokit is fine. The sideskirts have even gotten scuffed a bit from unfortunate shoe contact, and there is no sag at all.

Only trouble is the passenger side rear is about 1/8" out as the result of an unfortunate curb incident and I am too lazy to remove and remount since its really not bad and is still secure. That would have happened with any skirt.

Personally I think the kit is great and totally worth it for the appearance boost.
opps lol. i havent had much sagging but my rear lip on the bumper wont stick anymore and dont know if mistu will replace under warranty....because the littler weather strip is falling off.