Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Track days may void insurance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xtnct
This is what I don't understand. How does asking about the details of your coverage make you a more dangerous/riskier driver for the insurance company? This is so retarded. It sounds like profiling without any data to back it up.

So just because I go (not saying that I do go - just using a figure of speech) and learn how to better control my car at a DE school, where I'm not covered by insurance anyway, this makes me a danger to society with a penalty of being dropped by my insurance carrier?

This is so backwards!!!!!! How come they don't drop insurance for people who don't pay attention, have headsets on so they get cut off from the surrounding environment, read papers, text and yap on the phones, put on makeups, have the portable GPS located right in their field of view (because looking at where you are going on the LCD map is more important than the actual road), have cars with low tire pressure and don't even know it and so on....

If I could, I would rather be surrounded (on regular public roads) by people with DE experience. This would truly be a much safer environment.
amen brotha. although tracking your car brings hire risks, look at the risks they rather back. i think often about driver training and if it would be more chaotic if people were taught the limits of their cars while training for a license. i actually think it would calm most people down and allow them to see the importance and risks that can occur from not paying attention or brake checking hard into a slight curve in the road (because god forbid your car tip a little in a turn while talking on the phone). I wish i had a beater with a ram installed. i'd take out all those idiots texting and chatting in the left lane. /off topic rant.