Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2011, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eddie
Wow times have changed. I remember a couple years ago you could pick up a base GSR for $29g's without looking to hard. Is there still a market for these cars or is the earthquake still affecting supply?
The idea that the supply chain is limited due to the "earthquake" is a myth. Every single car mfg from Japan is trying to say the same thing to artificially add scarcity to their product. I talked to some dealers around the country when trying to source my new '11 Evo, 50% said, hell no we aren't having problems with allocations, and the other 50% didn't necessarily lie, but tried to tell a tall tale about the tsunami affecting supply.

Look at a map, look at the areas where manufacturing of Mitsubishi motors and components (or anything in Japan) occurs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...ion_facilities

None of Mitsubishi Motors manufacturing plants are in affected regions, as they are almost all to the south and to the mid-west of the country.

If you get screwed because of some dealer trying to cry about "scarcity," just look him square in the eye and tell him he is full of ****, and walk out the door. 99/100 times that dealer will call you back to try and make a sale (due to the limited buyer nature of this vehicle), assuming they even have a car or an allocation.

The only real scarcity with this vehicle is the fact that production is quite limited, and the market is even more limited.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mwmr
The idea that the supply chain is limited due to the "earthquake" is a myth. Every single car mfg from Japan is trying to say the same thing to artificially add scarcity to their product. I talked to some dealers around the country when trying to source my new '11 Evo, 50% said, hell no we aren't having problems with allocations, and the other 50% didn't necessarily lie, but tried to tell a tall tale about the tsunami affecting supply.

Look at a map, look at the areas where manufacturing of Mitsubishi motors and components (or anything in Japan) occurs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...ion_facilities

None of Mitsubishi Motors manufacturing plants are in affected regions, as they are almost all to the south and to the mid-west of the country.

If you get screwed because of some dealer trying to cry about "scarcity," just look him square in the eye and tell him he is full of ****, and walk out the door. 99/100 times that dealer will call you back to try and make a sale (due to the limited buyer nature of this vehicle), assuming they even have a car or an allocation.

The only real scarcity with this vehicle is the fact that production is quite limited, and the market is even more limited.
+1 many dealers are taking advantage of the disaster in japan!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 01:13 PM

I'm looking to get a used WW Evo X gsr. I found one for sale in my area; a 08 WW X with nav, SSS, and aero, and only 12,500 miles. But the car is for sale for $32,999. That seems way to high to me. It does have some aftermarket parts (I'll try to include the picture so you experts can tell me what specific mods there are). I know it has an invidia exhaust, hks bov, but don't know about the other parts. I dont know if these aftermarket parts are extremely expensive or what? But I do not understand how the price is so high for this evo. Do you guys agree or what are your opinions? At the price this evo is selling for, I might as well get a new one.

Thanks

Heres a pic of the engine bay:
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:23 AM

Looking to buy a 2011 WW GSR...How much should I hope to get it for?

After looking at a few used evo Xs I decided I may just want to go the route of getting a brand new one. I see the msrp is $33,999 for the GSR. I found two locally but before I go to the dealership

I was wondering what some of you got the salesman down to price wise?

I want to get the best deal possible for sure and would like to have everything figured out before I go there and try to strike a deal with him.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Sticky thread helps: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...m-vendors.html
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:02 PM

Is this a good deal?

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR Touring Sedan

$39,988

Mileage: 42

http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/...41ec1c98eb.htm
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by victorlg88
Is this a good deal?

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR Touring Sedan

$39,988

Mileage: 42

http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/...41ec1c98eb.htm
Things to consider:

-This is a 2010, there are decent odds of the build date being over a year ago by this point in time.
-If the MSRP is 41,999, their "sale price" isn't really a sale, it's probably within range of dealer invoice.
-I personally have seen many instances of a 2010 MR-T sitting on a dealer lot for several months....only because any sane person would not consider paying well in excess of $40,000 for an Evo after tax/tags, regardless of the features included. This trim was probably geared more towards the mid-life crisis guy trying to find a BMW alternative...in the end it's a heavier Evo with more gadgets, more comfort and a touch (a very small one at that) of luxury.

If you can talk them down to around $37,5xx I'd say it's a good deal. I'll bet they want to move this car so it doesn't hurt to try. A 2011 MR lists at $37,970 which is a good reference point for pricing.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:32 PM

I am trying to get out of the honda game and have always wanted an evo. I have recently been able to afford to make monthly payments and just saw this http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Is it me or is it real cheap? Also, my main concern is that currently my mom pays for my insurance on my civic and i am under her name at All State. She's paying roughly 2600ish a year and i was wondering if anyone could give me a rough estimate on how much my insurance will go up if i end up getting an evo. Thanks for any input.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:38 AM

Just picked up my 2011 PB GSR w/ SS, SL, and interior sport package. Was 37 before TTL. Bought from Schaumburg Mitshubishi. Noticed they had 3 new evo's in stock. Great guys. They're offering at 1% over invoice no hassle. Really enjoyed my experience with them. Ask for Pete.

=Jason-
Old Jun 26, 2011, 01:05 PM

I'm definitely interested in purchasing a new X, GSR in GG. I shot an email to a local dealer located in Las Vegas and this was the response:

"This EVO has the Sunroof and Leather package, the Sight and Sound package and the Interior Sport package....

$37,100
*Price includes all rebates
*Plus Sales Tax (8.1%), Doc. Fee, Title Fee
*Plus NitroFill Tire Service
*Expires 7 days after quote
*Prices not valid after months end."

I put together the same package at edmunds.com and it was about the same price as invoice.

Does this seem correct? Is this a fair deal for this equipped model?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eXhilarat3d
I'm definitely interested in purchasing a new X, GSR in GG. I shot an email to a local dealer located in Las Vegas and this was the response:

"This EVO has the Sunroof and Leather package, the Sight and Sound package and the Interior Sport package....

$37,100
*Price includes all rebates
*Plus Sales Tax (8.1%), Doc. Fee, Title Fee
*Plus NitroFill Tire Service
*Expires 7 days after quote
*Prices not valid after months end."

I put together the same package at edmunds.com and it was about the same price as invoice.

Does this seem correct? Is this a fair deal for this equipped model?
That's a pretty good price. Getting any dealer lower than MSRP has been a struggle for me.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by cjelley
After looking at a few used evo Xs I decided I may just want to go the route of getting a brand new one. I see the msrp is $33,999 for the GSR. I found two locally but before I go to the dealership

I was wondering what some of you got the salesman down to price wise?

I want to get the best deal possible for sure and would like to have everything figured out before I go there and try to strike a deal with him.
If you have extra time and some patience, buying from across the country may save you a couple thousand. The MSRP for the whole Midwest area is high; $34k~

RC Hill Mitsubishi in Florida has tons of Evolutions for sale for under $31,000. Their inventory is a lot more extensive than their website shows; they have lots of Evolutions stocked in a warehouse; when the 6-10 on their lot sells, they instantly reload their lot with 6-10 more.

With that said, I've tried to deal with the local Evolutions with no luck (I live in MI), they weren't budging at all.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

I got a notice from one of the local dealer saying they have 7 GSRs in stocks and 3 MRs are coming. However, they wanted $1000 refundable deposit before they can talk about price. is this bull**** or the demand of these cars are that high ?

I know I'm going to get evo x mr somehow but I just don't want the dealer to tight me up with 1000 bucks so I can't look anywhere else ...

what do you guys think?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 09:20 AM

Hello, I live in Oklahoma and Evo's are rare IMO and the dealerships have none in the state. I have talked to few in dallas, area in texas and seems they have quite a few but for a GSR they are at $34-$38k and this is what I am looking for just not the prices. Auto Trader do a nation wide search there is few on there for right at $30k at dealerships what has to be done to talk the dallas dealer into lowering price? All these dealers have in there add's we will beat any dealership's price by $500 lol but I am sure they would say this car has grey seats an the other has black lol. I have read on internet this EVO 2011 model is a sedan for under 30k but where lol. Thanks Chris
Old Jul 3, 2011, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

I'm happy to report that I got my WW MR yesterday. I couldn't sleep last night and still smiling. I paid $500 above the invoice price. oh well...

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)