Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dgoodhue
1000.08 is the montly payment. Due to round of the $27.78/1000 its probably really just $1000/month for 36 months.
Sorry, but no. I was asking: do we pay extra $27.78 every month besides that $1000 monthly payment?
If this $27.78 is one time charge for the whole 36 -moth loan period, that would be nothing at all
Old Jul 29, 2011, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by odin
Sorry, but no. I was asking: do we pay extra $27.78 every month besides that $1000 monthly payment?
If this $27.78 is one time charge for the whole 36 -moth loan period, that would be nothing at all
No you don't pay any additional fees on top of the 1000/ month. The 27.78 is an easy way to calculate your monthly payment (Ie 36000 Loan = 36 * 27.78 monthly payment)
Old Jul 31, 2011, 04:22 PM

No you don't pay any additional fees on top of the 1000/ month. The 27.78 is an easy way to calculate your monthly payment (Ie 36000 Loan = 36 * 27.78 monthly payment)
The 27.78 is your monthly payment for every $1,000 you finance. So if you get to a price of $30,000... then you financed 30x$1000 right? So you pay 30x27.78 which means $833.40 per month for whatever number of months the deal is for. If it's 36 months, then your total payments would be 833.40*36 = $30,002.40 (close enough to our original expense of $30,000.)

This reminds me, if the dealer says "I'll lower your payment to $645 / month for 48 months" does that sounds good to you? The dealer charges you a total of close to $31,000 for this. Not that it's an option just stating the obvious.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 04:32 PM

You do realize that Evo's don't have automatic transmission, they have computer controlled manuals. Their is a big difference.
No, I didn't know that. I started giving it a chance here but didn't enjoy the read.. glad(er) I got a GSR thanks anyway:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...ed-models-307/

I'll take my chances with a clutch knowing it's not too expensive to replace. I hear that "computer controlled" trans alone is boo-koo bucks.

Last edited by gabrod72; Jul 31, 2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Adding proper verbage - "computer controlled"
Old Jul 31, 2011, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

So i am lookingg to get an evo by the end of august. The dealership in my area has 2. A blue and a white one. They're both gsr with the only options on them beeing the aluminum shift knob and handbrake. They ask 35300 for each one of them. They offered me a lease for 48 months with 349/ month and 3000 down payment, 12k miles a year. Residual value would be 16600.
Is this a good deal or should i start negotiating. I never leased a vehicle before and i am not sure if this is a good deal or not.
Please advise me on this. Also they would not let me test drive one unless i got preaprooved for the credit. Is that normal?? Who buys a car without testdriving it first.
Oh, andit appears i would also have to pay sale taxes of about 2200.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by cla2000
So i am lookingg to get an evo by the end of august. The dealership in my area has 2. A blue and a white one. They're both gsr with the only options on them beeing the aluminum shift knob and handbrake. They ask 35300 for each one of them. They offered me a lease for 48 months with 349/ month and 3000 down payment, 12k miles a year. Residual value would be 16600.
Is this a good deal or should i start negotiating. I never leased a vehicle before and i am not sure if this is a good deal or not.
Please advise me on this. Also they would not let me test drive one unless i got preaprooved for the credit. Is that normal?? Who buys a car without testdriving it first.
Oh, andit appears i would also have to pay sale taxes of about 2200.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
It looks like you are going to have to put $5200 down is that right? Then your payments are $349 * 48 so total is $21952 for the lease. This is assuming you do not exceed 48,000 miles for 4 years and if you do, you'll pay penalties.

You'd have a baloon payment option I guess for $16,600 (which means total of payments if you keep the car would be $38,552.) That's a bit high for a GSR... I'd rather haggle down the price and buy it outright. By the time you get to 48 months of payments, you should be able to sell the vehicle for more than you owe. Total investment would be less on your part than taking the lease - but the lease helps because the payments are lower... it's up to you.

On test drive, I'd be pretty up front and say it's up to them to decide if they want to do business with me or not. If they want me to jump through hoops to test, I WALK - PERIOD! Whenever I test drive a car, I get with a salesman and say I *need* to drive the car... if they start making any conditions, I tell them I *need* to deal with someone else... that usually changes their attitude. If it went any further, then I'd ask for a manager and start speaking very loud - saying stuff like "I guess a man can't walk into this place without salespeople being prejudice as to whether or not one can afford the stupid POS" - and I'd make sure other shoppers heard me.

Last edited by gabrod72; Aug 1, 2011 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Test drive comment
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by gabrod72
On test drive, I'd be pretty up front and say it's up to them to decide if they want to do business with me or not. If they want me to jump through hoops to test, I WALK - PERIOD! Whenever I test drive a car, I get with a salesman and say I *need* to drive the car... if they start making any conditions, I tell them I *need* to deal with someone else... that usually changes their attitude. If it went any further, then I'd ask for a manager and start speaking very loud - saying stuff like "I guess a man can't walk into this place without salespeople being prejudice as to whether or not one can afford the stupid POS" - and I'd make sure other shoppers heard me.

I went to test drive a EVO X 2-3 weeks ago with my parents. I am 21 and looking to get a job here shortly, so I dont have the cash at this very moment, but I thought I could get in one just to see how they are. I wanted to compare the new STI and the EVO. Which I couldnt test drive an STI yet because they dont have a new one any where here in Pittsburgh at the moment....

Yeah test driving an EVO didn't happen either. They said I needed to do all this paper work to make sure I had money to pay for the car first! I actually asked for the manager because I thought that was crap. I couldnt even have my parents do the paper work because it had to be in my name to drive it. After hearing his story I saw where he is coming from. All his evo's had litterally no miles on them. Which in my opinion is AWESOME! I dont want some snotty kid beating the 2 poops out of an evo I am going to buy. On the other hand this sucks because I will litterally have to make a last second decesion.

Anyone have the same problem Also we didnt make a stink, because I will probably get my evo thier and the guy was awesome. I wanted to make sure that I get a good deal when I actually go
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by xxsobesxx
Anyone have the same problem Also we didnt make a stink, because I will probably get my evo thier and the guy was awesome. I wanted to make sure that I get a good deal when I actually go
I understand your logic, but don't forget the squeaky wheel gets the oil.... some of the best deals I've gotten are a fierce negotiation battle where I've been nothing but unreasonable with salespeople and management. Always remember these people make their living selling cars, so if you don't buy - then they don't eat. Pretty simple when you consider they aren't doing you any favors.... if anything, they're going to try their best to get the MOST POSSIBLE amount of money for the car. If you spend $3000 more than you had too, they get a small bonus - say $200. Also, look out for shady disability policies they try to sneak in to the deal at the last second. They won't tell you anything, but it shows up in the disclosure.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

I understand your logic, but don't forget the squeaky wheel gets the oil.... some of the best deals I've gotten are a fierce negotiation battle where I've been nothing but unreasonable with salespeople and management. Always remember these people make their living selling cars, so if you don't buy - then they don't eat. Pretty simple when you consider they aren't doing you any favors.... if anything, they're going to try their best to get the MOST POSSIBLE amount of money for the car. If you spend $3000 more than you had too, they get a small bonus - say $200. Also, look out for shady disability policies they try to sneak in to the deal at the last second. They won't tell you anything, but it shows up in the disclosure.
So, do you guys think there is room to negotiate an the lease mentioned above? If yes, than what should i ask for?
The only option i realy wanted was hids. None of the cars have it. Is it expensive to ad just that option?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 01:36 PM

That is true, maybe being the squeeky wheel is a good thing. I love having my parents go with me haha (great thing about having loving parents ). I would fold under pressure with something like this, just because I want it so bad. Without them, I would be paying sticker no dought. This is great experience because the next time I get a car I will know what to do. I really appreciate that input my man. If you dont mind I would love to PM you with any other little questions instead of spamming these threads with little questions.

Thats another thing I was wondering if anyone has a answer. I just want a couple things added. The seats, moon roof, NAV, and HID's. Would it be more pratical to get the whole package or just those 4 features?

But for leasing I have no idea. IMO I would never lease a car. I really dont have any words to back that up because I have never done such a thing, but spending all that money just to return is outrageous to me. I will be keeping this evo until it falls apart. But I guess some people like to switch cars every couple years.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xxsobesxx
That is true, maybe being the squeeky wheel is a good thing. I love having my parents go with me haha (great thing about having loving parents ). I would fold under pressure with something like this, just because I want it so bad. Without them, I would be paying sticker no dought. This is great experience because the next time I get a car I will know what to do. I really appreciate that input my man. If you dont mind I would love to PM you with any other little questions instead of spamming these threads with little questions.

Thats another thing I was wondering if anyone has a answer. I just want a couple things added. The seats, moon roof, NAV, and HID's. Would it be more pratical to get the whole package or just those 4 features?

But for leasing I have no idea. IMO I would never lease a car. I really dont have any words to back that up because I have never done such a thing, but spending all that money just to return is outrageto me. I will be keeping this evo until it falls apart. But I guess some people like to switch cars every couple years.
I intend to buy the car when the lease is up.i thinki could easily sell a 4 year old evo with at list 20k. So if that is true ill be better of leasing, at list by looking at my calculations
48 payments of 349= 16752
Down payment of 2999
Residual value of 16400
Total would be 36151
Yes i would have to pay state taxes but that is something that i would pay anyway if i bought or leased.
Buying the car for35300 with 0% interest for 3 years would give me a monthly payment of approximately 990 usd. That is a lot to pay each month, at list for me it is.

Last edited by cla2000; Aug 1, 2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by cla2000
I intend to buy the car when the lease is up.i thinki could easily sell a 4 year old evo with at list 20k. So if that is true ill be better of leasing, at list by looking at my calculations
48 payments of 349= 16752
Down payment of 2999
Residual value of 16400
Total would be 36151
Yes i would have to pay state taxes but that is something that i would pay anyway if i bought or leased.
Buying the car for35300 with 0% interest for 3 years would give me a monthly payment of approximately 990 usd. That is a lot to pay each month, at list for me it is.

I see, yeah I mean that is true if you wanna go that direction. I will be paying about $600 a month, add a little for insurance on that beast. That is if I was to buy one for 35,000 and then put the 8k down payment. Then paying it off it 48 months with 0% interest. I will be getting this right out of college with nothing else to buy but to pay off my school loan. So I guess your way is a option if money is tight. I just couldn't lease because I will also want that freedom to put aftermarket parts on without them yelling at me

That doesn't seem like a bad choice to spend that extra grand or 2 if you want it now, but really don't have the cash up front. I would say do it, but I am not a finance guy, I am a computer science guy See what other people with more experience think. Good luck hunting because I am in that same boat!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 03:49 PM

I just purchased a new Black 2011 Evo X MR with premium package and 10 miles on the clock. The price I got was $38,049 with very little haggling; MSRP was $40,340 iirc. I probably could have gotten it lower, but did not feel like wasting time as I had somewhere to be later that day and wanted the car (someone came in to buy it right after I had, he was trading a base Evo IX) I traded in a 2003 350z Touring 6sp with 80420 miles and some slight damage to the rear bumper. They gave me $9800 dollars for the Z which was fair but not great. Initially they offered me $10,500 for the Z with the Evo at MSRP, which I passed on. I put $5000 down and went ahead and got GAP insurance for $300, just for peace of mind.

My total OTD price with trade in and money down was $26,456, financed @ 0.9% APR for 48 months. Monthly payments will be $545. Tax in TN is 9.25%

Overall it was a painless buying experience and I think I got a pretty good (maybe not great) deal, considering how low volume the Mitsu dealership here in TN is.

What do you all think?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stephze
I just purchased a new Black 2011 Evo X MR with premium package and 10 miles on the clock. The price I got was $38,049 with very little haggling; MSRP was $40,340 iirc. I probably could have gotten it lower, but did not feel like wasting time as I had somewhere to be later that day and wanted the car (someone came in to buy it right after I had, he was trading a base Evo IX) I traded in a 2003 350z Touring 6sp with 80420 miles and some slight damage to the rear bumper. They gave me $9800 dollars for the Z which was fair but not great. Initially they offered me $10,500 for the Z with the Evo at MSRP, which I passed on. I put $5000 down and went ahead and got GAP insurance for $300, just for peace of mind.

My total OTD price with trade in and money down was $26,456, financed @ 0.9% APR for 48 months. Monthly payments will be $545. Tax in TN is 9.25%

Overall it was a painless buying experience and I think I got a pretty good (maybe not great) deal, considering how low volume the Mitsu dealership here in TN is.

What do you all think?
I think that is good for the car u got. How do u like it compared to the z?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by stephze

What do you all think?
I think you got a good deal like me. not awesome, just shy of great...but i don't know how to factor in the trade in and payments. i guess that you would end up paying just a bit more than me at the end due to the financing..but you got a better deal out the door. my base was $38,750.. but then i have 0%apr for 36 months....also, if you wanted to deal with the hassle, might of gotten a better trade in value of the Z as a private seller. but then you gotta deal with the hassle of that stuff....i think that if your happy, and don't feel cheated at all. GOOD! other people got a piece of the cake some people got bigger/smaller pieces...but we all pretty much have cake. lol...my boss gave me that analogy...

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)