Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by e_man
Oh, and I made them order me OEM painted side mirrors (not a fan of that chrome option they had on there).
You know that's just a cover that you can remove with a little dental floss, goo gone and elbow grease right?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm looking at a 2011 MR with the nav and premium packages at Don Herring, they have it listed for $38k. I will have it shipped to me because I live in Alabama and I can't find one near me. They said shipping would be $800-1000.
What is a good price for me to pay for this? I'm thinking $36k including shipping.

I will be paying cash if that makes a difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by TrogdorWBL
You know that's just a cover that you can remove with a little dental floss, goo gone and elbow grease right?
I know they are only clipped on, but I want the painted pieces instead. From what I gathered, its not like the chrome is over top of the oem painted side mirror pieces right? Like when you remove the chrome you'll just have the "frame" of the mirror left. Or am I wrong? Either way I could care less because it's the dealer purchasing them for me
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:28 PM

Hey guys I'm looking to get EVO X GSR WW(only WW) in Atlanta area. I want to get one under 27k, at this price point what do you think is my best option?
Will I be able to find any good deals at dealerships?
or private sale is my only option, and if private what do you think is the best Year/Mileage I can expect in this range?
I was hoping to get at least '10 one
Appreciate you chipping in ))
Old May 1, 2012, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TriBot
Hey guys I'm looking to get EVO X GSR WW(only WW) in Atlanta area. I want to get one under 27k, at this price point what do you think is my best option?
Will I be able to find any good deals at dealerships?
or private sale is my only option, and if private what do you think is the best Year/Mileage I can expect in this range?
I was hoping to get at least '10 one
Appreciate you chipping in ))

I just bought a 2008 rr GSR with 30k on it and had to pay over $25k... They are not easy to find ...
This is for my dealership ... so of coarse there is going to be inspection and mark-up...
Old May 6, 2012, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pargy
I'm looking at a 2011 MR with the nav and premium packages at Don Herring, they have it listed for $38k. I will have it shipped to me because I live in Alabama and I can't find one near me. They said shipping would be $800-1000.
What is a good price for me to pay for this? I'm thinking $36k including shipping.

I will be paying cash if that makes a difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
If you're gonna have it shipped I'd not waste any time and call Sam at Huntington Beach Mitsubishi. The price you've listed above is rather steep for an 2011. If I were you I'd just buy a 2012. In the end you'll pay a few grand more but the minute you drive the 2011 off the lot you'll lose that much being its already a year old...
Old May 6, 2012, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
If you're gonna have it shipped I'd not waste any time and call Sam at Huntington Beach Mitsubishi. The price you've listed above is rather steep for an 2011. If I were you I'd just buy a 2012. In the end you'll pay a few grand more but the minute you drive the 2011 off the lot you'll lose that much being its already a year old...
I heard Sam is the man when it comes to deals on Evo's.
Old May 7, 2012, 09:00 PM

possibly looking into a evo x. not really sure what people are paying but i found one online...what you guys think? what would be a good price?? also would you guys stay away since its got the gauges?? most likely was modded and returned to stock.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...16369839&Log=0
Old May 7, 2012, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lamaro88
possibly looking into a evo x. not really sure what people are paying but i found one online...what you guys think? what would be a good price?? also would you guys stay away since its got the gauges?? most likely was modded and returned to stock.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...16369839&Log=0
Looks like a good deal, if it still has the stock clutch, it was not driven that hard, but will need to be replaced if you are going to add HP. Good luck.
Old May 8, 2012, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Looking to purchase an Evo X

What's up everyone? I am new to the forum. I am a 26 year old professional looking for some advice from the forum community. I am looking to purchase an Evo X.

This past weekend I test drove a 2012 Evo X MR (45k) & a 2012 STI (39k) in Cherry Hill, NJ. I really loved the MR w/6speed dual-clutch shifter. I have been looking online for months for used Evo's varying from 2008 - 2010; Autotrader, Cars, KBB, etc.

Is there any advice you can give me when looking to purchase? I guess what I am looking for is a breakdown of the different versions of the Evo X 2008 - 2012 and if it's worth buying brand new or used.

I would be driving this vehicle daily for a salesman lifestyle. I want the AWD for winter time, plus have the performance. Also, I want it to look more professional instead of like a young kids car.

I know this is a lot, but I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Old May 8, 2012, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Just got a 2012 Wicked White evo x with SS and SL for invoice at 37,304 before TTL at Hackettstown Mitsubishi. Did some shopping around and this deal was far better than anyone could do in the area. Only problem is I had to order it so now the waiting game begins.

Last edited by lippy1306; May 8, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old May 8, 2012, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lippy1306
Just got a WW evo x with SS and SL for invoice at 37,304 before TTL at Hackettstown Mitsubishi. Did some shopping around and this deal was far better than anyone could do in the area. Only problem is I had to order it so now the waiting game begins.
What does "WW" with "SS" & "SL" mean?

Also, what year Evo did you purchase?
Old May 8, 2012, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CU125
What does "WW" with "SS" & "SL" mean?

Also, what year Evo did you purchase?
Wicked white with the Sight and Sound package as well as the Sun roof and Leather.

Its a 2012.
Old May 9, 2012, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lippy1306
Wicked white with the Sight and Sound package as well as the Sun roof and Leather.

Its a 2012.
Well that sounds like an awesome setup with a great car! I hope you have a blast driving it.

I really like the WW & Black ... Tryig to decide which color I would prefer more.

What does the SS package come with? The MR I test drove last weekend had nice leather seats but as for the SS, I am not sure if it had it bc it had the basic stock stereo face as the GSRs...instead of a touch screen.
Old May 9, 2012, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CU125
Well that sounds like an awesome setup with a great car! I hope you have a blast driving it.

I really like the WW & Black ... Tryig to decide which color I would prefer more.

What does the SS package come with? The MR I test drove last weekend had nice leather seats but as for the SS, I am not sure if it had it bc it had the basic stock stereo face as the GSRs...instead of a touch screen.
I've driven a Black Lancer GTS for the past couple years before this recent purchase and in my opinion black is impossible to keep looking clean.

Living up north with winter conditions I chose a white car because it will hide the salt more.

To the best of my knowledge I don't think you can get the Sunroof and Leather package without the Sight and sound as well. The SS package includes HID lights, Fast Key, 6-CD in dash head unit, and 710 watt Rockford Frosgate speaker system.

The touch screen head unit is the Navigation Package which is completely separate. Your better off saving the money and getting an aftermarket head unit that is much better and 1/2 the price.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)