Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pbfoot
Whats a good price on a white MR w/tech and aero from a large volume dealer?
lowest I have seen is 35.8.. anything within a grand of that would be a decent deal IMHO
Old Jan 18, 2009, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Methodical4u
what would you all offer a dealer for a GSR with SSS and Aero? MSRP is 37,684. Invoice is 35,128. I am in Md so there's the 6% tax. I'm thinking 34 OTD would be pretty decent.
any advice here?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 03:40 PM

My bro is still looking for a good deal, we checked out a dealership in Libertyville and they were asking 38K for a GSR w/ SSS....LOL

I also got the, well we can't sell these under invoice talk.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 03:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by I Phantom I
My bro is still looking for a good deal, we checked out a dealership in Libertyville and they were asking 38K for a GSR w/ SSS....LOL

What a bunch of d-bags! Did you try and negotiate a deal, or is that just what they told you?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 04:38 PM

No didn't try negotiating cuz we just ended up passing by. I didn't know there was a mitsu dealer there.
Seemed like a new sales dude, didn't know much. He was lying out his *** saying that these have been selling like crazy the last few weeks. That was my cue to leave...
Old Jan 18, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
any advice here?
I hate to sound like a walking advert but if you want the best deal on a X you need to travel down to Southern VA to Little Joe's Mitsubishi. At this point, I doubt you will even have to argue with them about pricing. I've sent one other member there so far and he walked away with a X far below invoice. How does SSS, Aero, Interior trim kit, and wheel locks for $31,750 (before taxes) sound? You don't have to answer that question....
Old Jan 18, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
I hate to sound like a walking advert but if you want the best deal on a X you need to travel down to Southern VA to Little Joe's Mitsubishi. At this point, I doubt you will even have to argue with them about pricing. I've sent one other member there so far and he walked away with a X far below invoice. How does SSS, Aero, Interior trim kit, and wheel locks for $31,750 (before taxes) sound? You don't have to answer that question....
I have contacted them.. they are attempting to locate the color and packages and such that I am looking for... in the meantime i'm still looking around just to make sure I can't find something better.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 05:25 PM

I just got on X on 1/15/09 !!! from Anaheim Mitsubishi in Los Angeles, CA for $33,323 out the Door for Phantom Black GSR with SSS and Navi....on 0% APR for 5 yrs...

but of course I live in Cali so I still paid 3+ grand on Taxes
Old Jan 18, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by teamnemesis3
I just got on X on 1/15/09 !!! from Anaheim Mitsubishi in Los Angeles, CA for $33,323 out the Door for Phantom Black GSR with SSS and Navi....on 0% APR for 5 yrs...

yeah, that 7.5% out there is pretty crappy. Ours went from 5-6% here a while back. Still sounds like a pretty good deal to me though... congrats
Old Jan 18, 2009, 05:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by teamnemesis3

So you paid $33,323 OTD? Or you paid $33,323 and an additional $3000 on taxes?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spaceman
So you paid $33,323 OTD? Or you paid $33,323 and an additional $3000 on taxes?
yeah, I was sort of wondering about that myself lol He did say 33 OTD though so I am guessing he got the deal for 30 or so, but had to pay the 3 grand on the taxes and such.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^30k for a fully loaded? i highly doubt it. i am more inclined to believe 34k plus 3k+ for cali taxes so he paid almost 37k for a fully loaded. a great deal nonetheless.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Don't buy from malloy mall in md!!!

So I saw this red Evo X on ebay with the Aero and SSS package for sale... he had a buy it now for like 35k something, so I emailed him and told him before I would offer him 34 OTD for it. He declined and so I said fine... then after having my car sold and my other car now paid off I emailed him again to ask if he would like to change his mind. I also added that I had gotten a price of 34,2 from another dealer. I explained that I had already been approved for the 0% and if he wanted to do the deal I would be up by mid week or at latest the weekend. He basically called me a liar about the quote I had gotten from another dealer and said this ( copied from my email:

Hello
I will match the other dealers price and bet it. and gladly do your price. but not on this EVO. we both know this is not the same car you are getting quote on. so please let me know when you are available to schedule an appointment for you to pick your new EVO.
Thank you so much look forward working with you.

I can't stand someone trying to call me a liar in a nice way, so I responded with the following..

I actually have a quote from a dealer in Va for 33,9 for an 08 in white with SSS and Aero, I also have a listing from a dealer out in the midwest who is willing to ship me a base GSR for 28,3. I don't BS and make false quotes but I was attempting to not have to drive 3-4 hours to get one. By the low amout of bids that you got it doesn't appear that car will be going anywhere to soon, good luck with the sale on the price you have... you're going to need an ignorant buyer to get it.

Long story short, they aren't willing to come down so stay away from getting ripped off.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:53 PM

^ Can I ask where in the midwest are they selling base GSR's for 28,3? Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2009, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by I Phantom I

Lol...read my thread on them in the midwest section. They're a joke.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)