Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is kind of "Off-Topic" but those anyone know if "MMCA" Mitsubishi Motors Credit of America has a web-site to pay your loan, view balance, etc.???
Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by aftershock141
Get it without mudflaps then. I still wouldn't want someone else driving the car that far man.
In Colorado if they deliver it to your door you have 3 days to change your mind without penalty, if you pick it up and drive it off the lot. It's yours.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1gcrazy
In Colorado if they deliver it to your door you have 3 days to change your mind without penalty, if you pick it up and drive it off the lot. It's yours.
Hmm...that's weird.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

So is 36K too much for a sss X with navi and aero?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 07:28 PM

OTD? no. if you have to pay TTL on top of that-yes.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
even with TTL imo its a decent price.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jayythegreat
So is 36K too much for a sss X with navi and aero?
Well Msrp for that sounds like around 40k, so your only getting 4k off the vehicle. Considering its a year old, and has just been sitting in lot, and its already 09! I think you could take off another couple of thousand off that. Or at least push for it. IMO, its around almost the 2nd month of 09. The 09's or 2010s are near by. If you wait a little longer, mitsu is gonna have to start offering more rebates and better incentives to get rid of them. So I say, if you don't find a price that you think is right for you, then wait dude and you'll get a better deal soon. Goodluck though.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mmjsport
Well Msrp for that sounds like around 40k, so your only getting 4k off the vehicle. Considering its a year old, and has just been sitting in lot, and its already 09! I think you could take off another couple of thousand off that. Or at least push for it. IMO, its around almost the 2nd month of 09. The 09's or 2010s are near by. If you wait a little longer, mitsu is gonna have to start offering more rebates and better incentives to get rid of them. So I say, if you don't find a price that you think is right for you, then wait dude and you'll get a better deal soon. Goodluck though.

Thanks that sounds like a wonderful idea. Hm but i was thinking that looking at the lots Don herring and Lewisville mitsu are the two highest selling EvO dealerships in the south and they are acutally running pretty low. Only one apex silver Xsss at Don herring !!!! seems like a few months ago they had like 10. And lewisville only has a RRsss X left. So i am worried I going to be left out in the cold. Looking at private sales they are just about asking what the dealership is asking. just a XSSS is close to 30k with less then 30 miles and i see private sales of Xs going for the same price. You feel me?
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The question you have to ask yourself is until when do i stop waiting. if you keep on thinking next month the price will be lower you will never buy your car cuz i can guarantee you that it WILL be lower and so would the next and the next and the next......cars will never appreciate and once bought will continue to depreciate.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

I got mine $35,700 plus Los angeles county tax......GSR with SSS, Navi, Aero, sport interior, window visors. Ralliart package (it says on the window sticker for $1999), spoiler extension, powder coated black wheels, and short antenna.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:50 PM

what is the ralliart pack?
Old Jan 28, 2009, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Ralliart stickers on the rear wing, rear bumper, "spirit of competition" stickers, Ralliart front stabilizer bar and carbon fiber Ralliart side mirror covers.

Last edited by markg1018; Jan 29, 2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still didn't get my X

For those of you who I have been chatting with on here about getting a new X.. I had it down between 2 dealers, 1 was Fitzgerald here locally in Annapolis and the other was a place in the midwest.. well I am honestly thinking of buying a used X now.. even though the 0% is nice I can get one with 3k miles and with an aero and SSS package for about 27,000 or so. For those of you who would like some entertainment as to why I am now not buying new please read the drama that has plagued me the last week or so....

I was going to buy an OB X at the local place.. other place called and said we'll give it to you for 31,2 OTD. When I asked the other place if they wanted to come down a bit from 32,2 OTD ( after advertising the car at 30,098.00 and then saying it was a mistype on their site ), they said they couldn't do it, so I told me I would be going with the other place.

So the credit checking and paperwork began at the other place ( I am using my father's credit as to not tie mine up because I am building a house this year and need my credit freed up ).

Monday morning my phone rings and it's the local dealership.. i'm still asleep and just ignored the call. My father calls and says I need to call them. So I listen to the message of the sales guy saying " hey Evan, it looks like you aren't going to be able to get the 0% financing now.. it's funny how things turn around.. it looks like you cut off your nose despite your face, so good luck getting your car " He also had called my father that morning and said the same thing. I guess he looked up sayings on the internet and had to use the same one twice... anyway, I then call him and ask why he is even contacting Mitsubishi about a deal i'm not even doing with them... he says " I didn't call them, they called me " just as bad!! He's talking to Mitsubishi about a car i'm not even getting from them. Basically he told them my father was getting the car for me and not for himself and is considered a " straw sale ". Basically now my name has to be on the title to get the 0%.

So now i'm REALLY pissed. I call to speak with his GM.. what do you know? He's with a customer... ok, i'll call back later... call again... oh, he's in a meeting... wow.

So I call multiple other local mitsu dealers and talk to a guy that I tell the whole thing to. So he calls the place and tells the guy I want to speak with him, so he's supposed to call me either that night or the next day.. guess what? No call.. so I call again... i'm sorry, he's off today.

Finally I call the Fitzgerald headquarters and speak with someone there. I tell her I want this salesperson fired and that want to see if they had sent in the paperwork to mitsubishi after I told them I wasn't dealing with them... I felt like I was going to get help from them, but wound up not getting it. My father finally talks to the GM, only to get the sob " well he's been here 7 years " crap. Do I care how long he's been there? That gives him the right to do what he's done ? I call Mitsubishi to put in a complaint with them about this dealer... obviously they are no help at all... I try to find out the credit situation... they have nothing in their system about anything!! They don't keep records of that they say, so I will have to call the dealer... yeah right.

soooooooo, last night I decided to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I was up late last night writing up this whole issue to them and basically said, they were offering the car for 30,098.00 and then upped it by 1,000.00 claiming someone made a mistake and put the 1000.00 rebate on the Evo's when it was only supposed to be the lancers. I also included the rest of this along with it. I stated when they asked about a settlement that I wanted this person fired and that the GM may as well not even exist there, because he is of no help and is simply the salesmens " cheerleader ".

Needless to say this has really discouraged me from getting a Mitsubishi. I am seriously considering either a 370Z or even the 09 WRX. It's got some great numbers and IMO it's not a bad looking car.. plus I could get the payments down quite a bit. I just fear that I would really be downgrading from having my RS performance wise at least, and that the first time I saw an X I would be wishing I would have gotten one.

Hope you have enjoyed my little book lol
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

Dealers are scandalous. Why dont you all call up Southcoast and see what kind of offer they can give you one a shipped GSR? I bet you could get a great deal and wont even have to look a salesman in eyes.....
Old Jan 31, 2009, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Its not just Mitsubishi man. Most dealerships are like that when you're trying to buy a new car. My parents went through the same exact things I did trying to find a car.

No matter what though, don't believe what they say on the phone. Its 99.9% lies.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)