Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard someone say(here I think) that Mitsu is going to update its incentives and rebates/new offers Feburary 3rd I think. So hopefully they will give a little more room for the dealers to give better discounts and rebates on the current 08 X inventory that they have just sitting on the lot. Or maye Mitsu will keep the same current price and not give any other rebates/incentives and hope they will sell as is. Well have to see.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

hope they do. they did as 0% on MR's for January so it wouldn't be too suprising.

I need to unload 1 more of my cars before I can get one.

Originally Posted by mmjsport
I heard someone say(here I think) that Mitsu is going to update its incentives and rebates/new offers Feburary 3rd I think. So hopefully they will give a little more room for the dealers to give better discounts and rebates on the current 08 X inventory that they have just sitting on the lot. Or maye Mitsu will keep the same current price and not give any other rebates/incentives and hope they will sell as is. Well have to see.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

So is it possible at all to get a sss navi aero gsr for close to 30???

the dealerships around dfw have a flock of Xs just sitting around collecting age.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jayythegreat

the dealerships around dfw have a flock of Xs just sitting around collecting age.
you can probably get it for like 31 or 32k if you look in the right places.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jayythegreat
I think its possible if the dealership you go to is really hurting and badly need to make a sale. But pretty sure you can get it for 31-33k if you look around. Hit up southcoast mitsu, they have great prices.

We will see in the next couple of days hopefully what new rebates/incentives mitsu offers. I'm thinking another 1,000 or 2,000 rebates on 08 models along with the 0% financing. Maybe even extend it to 72 months.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mmjsport
I think its possible if the dealership you go to is really hurting and badly need to make a sale. But pretty sure you can get it for 31-33k if you look around. Hit up southcoast mitsu, they have great prices.

We will see in the next couple of days hopefully what new rebates/incentives mitsu offers. I'm thinking another 1,000 or 2,000 rebates on 08 models along with the 0% financing. Maybe even extend it to 72 months.
south coast's prices weren't as good as anaheim Mitsu... if it weren't for the high costs to ship it across the country, I would have bought from them.

I hope that you're right about the offers... because the 0% could go up to 2.9 or something... you never know, but I don't see them getting rid of the 0% right now... that's the only thing that is keeping them selling these things.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 05:52 PM

MR pricing...

I am moving from my 08 STI to an EVO X MR very, very soon. I am curious what any of you have actually paid for an MR recently, just the negotiated price, leave tax, title and fees off since that is not oscillates state to state.

I enjoyed the STI....until I drove an EVO X MR!!

I live right at the mouth of three canyons in Colorado and drive them all the time. I also will be tracking the car this summer. I have a family and a job that requires me to have a car that has a comfortable ride...the MR fits the bill perfectly. thanks for any help.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Find a used one and save tons of money.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kenpo1441
Find a used one and save tons of money.
This is just not true... when you factor in the free money for 60 months, the pricing I have seen on used cars is much too high
Old Feb 5, 2009, 09:35 PM

+1^^^ true you can save a ton of money with 0 APR !! buying a used car might seem cheaper but with an APR of atleast 5.0 over the TERM It won't
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by teamnemesis3
+1^^^ true you can save a ton of money with 0 APR !! buying a used car might seem cheaper but with an APR of atleast 5.0 over the TERM It won't
Thats true, but if you have cash to pay it up front, (not that most people do) then you will save like said earlier, a ton of money! But if you do finance it, then you need a really low APR to save money in the long run compared to 0% on a new one.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:33 AM

any actual prices?

Thanks for the discussion on this. I don't have the cash to buy it up front and have run the numbers to find that if I can get a good deal on a new 08 MR I will be paying less/same over the term of the loan with the 0% in comparison to getting a used and paying interest.

SO, has anyone on here bought/received actual quotes on an MR recently? I am in colorado and my dealers are taking only 2k-3k off MSRP. I have been looking at two specific cars.

A WW MR with a sticker of 42,079 I am getting quotes of 39,500.

A Rally Red with MSRP of 39800, I can get them down to 37,700.

Not good enough in my opinion

Over the past 4 years I have bought an FJ cruiser, an STI, a Tacoma and a WRX and have never paid more than 90% of MSRP. Usually more like 88% of MSRP.

I'd like to pay 36,900 for the WW or 35k for the lesser equipped Rally Red. Are these prices realistic on the EVO?

Have any of you seen/purchased one at that kind of discount?

Being my first time dealing with Mitsubishi I am not sure if they just don't have the room on their cars like some other brands or if the local dealers are just being stubborn.

Thanks for any help
Old Feb 8, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by denali
Thanks for the discussion on this. I don't have the cash to buy it up front and have run the numbers to find that if I can get a good deal on a new 08 MR I will be paying less/same over the term of the loan with the 0% in comparison to getting a used and paying interest.

SO, has anyone on here bought/received actual quotes on an MR recently? I am in colorado and my dealers are taking only 2k-3k off MSRP. I have been looking at two specific cars.

A WW MR with a sticker of 42,079 I am getting quotes of 39,500.

A Rally Red with MSRP of 39800, I can get them down to 37,700.

Not good enough in my opinion

Over the past 4 years I have bought an FJ cruiser, an STI, a Tacoma and a WRX and have never paid more than 90% of MSRP. Usually more like 88% of MSRP.

I'd like to pay 36,900 for the WW or 35k for the lesser equipped Rally Red. Are these prices realistic on the EVO?

Have any of you seen/purchased one at that kind of discount?

Being my first time dealing with Mitsubishi I am not sure if they just don't have the room on their cars like some other brands or if the local dealers are just being stubborn.

Thanks for any help
I got my base GSR for 31,000 OTD. MSRP is 32,7 or so I think? Invoice I believe is 31,7. I would say if you can get it for 500-1000 under invoice OTD then you are doing pretty good. Go out of state and get one if the local dealers won't go lower, or PM me and i'll give you some other places that will give you good pricing.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 02:55 PM

The local dealership is offering me an EVO X GSR + SSS for 30k OTD.. he said I didn't qualify for the 0% so it will be 30k OTD + whatever interest I will occur over the loan period...

Last edited by Scratchy; Feb 9, 2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Scratchy
The local dealership is offering me an EVO X GSR + SSS for 30k OTD.. he said I didn't qualify for the 0% so it will be 30k OTD + whatever interest I will occur over the loan period...
Where did you get this deal at? Im looking for something like that...

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)