Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2009, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sure they will, you just have to find a desperate one that wants to get rid of it, remember that invoice they giving you has about 800 hold back and they also ge 1250 dealer cash for each sold so even 1800 below, technically they would not be loosing money, unless its been sitting for months and they have been paying 200-300/month on the flooring.

go on autotrader, there are a few barely used ones in NY/NY for cheap (bell Mitsu i belive has a nice blue one SSS and aero with 4k miles for 29K)

Originally Posted by Fishstix
Spaceman is from IL. It's different over there. You're right, here in the NE dealers aren't willing to give that low like in CA. $1,800 under invoice is amazing. That along with full value of your trade in is just a no brainer. No dealers in NJ or PA would go that low. I would stop toying and just take it before someone else does.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fishstix
Spaceman is from IL. It's different over there. You're right, here in the NE dealers aren't willing to give that low like in CA. $1,800 under invoice is amazing. That along with full value of your trade in is just a no brainer. No dealers in NJ or PA would go that low. I would stop toying and just take it before someone else does.
+1 friend of mine is the finance mgr at a mitsu dealer near my house and he said the same exact thing.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

can you give me a dealers name?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Spaceman
I think you can do WAY better. That package is a little over $35k invoice. Dealers around here are advertising $3000 below invoice.

I found an '08 GSR with SSS. Nav, and Aero kit with 18 miles for $29.5k offered at a different dealer (not Mitsu). I contacted a local Mitsu dealer and they said they could do that price.

I would jump on that deal to get an Evo for such a steal but I currently have an RS4. And I would have to try and sell the RS4 myself if I wanted to get a decent price for it.

So let the dealer know you can get it for $3k under invoice and get a better deal.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by pltek
sure they will, you just have to find a desperate one that wants to get rid of it, remember that invoice they giving you has about 800 hold back and they also ge 1250 dealer cash for each sold so even 1800 below, technically they would not be loosing money, unless its been sitting for months and they have been paying 200-300/month on the flooring.

go on autotrader, there are a few barely used ones in NY/NY for cheap (bell Mitsu i belive has a nice blue one SSS and aero with 4k miles for 29K)
i'm afraid getting a used X is not an option. 0% only applies to new cars. even if they drop the price on a barely used X, there's a big possibility that I will be paying more with the added interest.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mocsman that's not a bad deal for your location - I paid 33900 for SSS on the East coast and it was the best deal I could find.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by smoothevo
mocsman that's not a bad deal for your location - I paid 33900 for SSS on the East coast and it was the best deal I could find.
hope the deal goes through... the dealer said they're still woring it out with the bank... which is quite confusing cause i thought the 0% is with mitsubishi financing... they also got my credit card info for the deposit which until now i don't think they have charged my card yet. this deal is starting to smell fishy and i won't be surprised if they call me up to say that they can't get me approved... i have 750+ credit score!!!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

0%apr might be over after today, but anyhow, if you get a barely used evo for over 10K off the sticker, you would really have to get an awesome price on the new car and be financing most if not all of the purchase price in order for it to make more sense buying new with 0 financing

Originally Posted by mocsman
i'm afraid getting a used X is not an option. 0% only applies to new cars. even if they drop the price on a barely used X, there's a big possibility that I will be paying more with the added interest.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

I paid ~33K OTD for a GSR with Aero,SSS, and Interior Kits on Jan 2nd.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Grendelrt
I paid ~33K OTD for a GSR with Aero,SSS, and Interior Kits on Jan 2nd.
Good price. Did you have a trade?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Good price. Did you have a trade?
Yeah, they gave me about 700 over blue book. I was very pleased overall, 0% financing over my old 8% on the trade in.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Grendelrt
Yeah, they gave me about 700 over blue book. I was very pleased overall, 0% financing over my old 8% on the trade in.
Congrats man, that's a good deal.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats man, that's a good deal.
Thanks, I actually found the dealership because of clark_kent in this thread. Wanted to post so if anyone near me wanted the info they could get it. The dealership had one white GSR left on the 2nd after I bought the silver.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 06:05 PM

hope the deal goes through... the dealer said they're still woring it out with the bank... which is quite confusing cause i thought the 0% is with mitsubishi financing... they also got my credit card info for the deposit which until now i don't think they have charged my card yet. this deal is starting to smell fishy and i won't be surprised if they call me up to say that they can't get me approved... i have 750+ credit score!!!
spoke to the dealership again today and was told that the only way I can get the deal to push through was if I was willing to put 4K down. I have excellent credit and have never had a problem getting approved for anything. i only use 2 credit cards and I don't maintain a balance on either of them. I have one other card which I have a 16K limit of which I have a balance of 6K which I have been consistently paying at least $500/month on. this doesn't make sense which makes me think that the dealer is pulling my leg... trying to get me to put money down to get the car. i guess that the X would just have to wait until I get "approved"!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 07:21 PM

spoke to the dealership again today and was told that the only way I can get the deal to push through was if I was willing to put 4K down. I have excellent credit and have never had a problem getting approved for anything. i only use 2 credit cards and I don't maintain a balance on either of them. I have one other card which I have a 16K limit of which I have a balance of 6K which I have been consistently paying at least $500/month on. this doesn't make sense which makes me think that the dealer is pulling my leg... trying to get me to put money down to get the car. i guess that the X would just have to wait until I get "approved"!
Don't let it get you down. The terrible economy and car market will depreciate these cars even more and in a couple weeks you will ****** a better deal.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 09:34 PM

My brother is currently looking into an EVO X, so I thought I join here and check what they have been going for.

I've seen that some of you have gotten some pretty sweet deals deals, I'm curious to ask those of you that bought outside your home state. Do you have to pay sales tax in the state you bought the car and again in your home state??? Also for those of you in Illinois, do you guys/gals know of any dealerships in the chicago land area (preferably the northern burbs) that are offering great deals?

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)