Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

C63 vs M3 vs ISF vs Evo MR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phenixfyah
Blunt but true.

It like looking at a vagina. There no point in looking at how one looks its all about how you feel in it.
i found me a new sig
Old Nov 24, 2008, 01:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Phenixfyah
Blunt but true.

It like looking at a vagina. There no point in looking at how one looks its all about how you feel in it.
nice
Old Nov 24, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zebekias
What did I expect? I almost didn't test drive the MR because I thought there is no way I am going from a Lexus to a Mitsubishi. At the end of the test day I couldn't stop thinking about the M3, but the MR felt incredible on the road, even more so than the M3. All things being equal I'd take the M3 but there is something to be said about paying $37k for the MR+tech package and keeping the other $30k+ in my pocket.

Since you owned an E46, can you please give a quick summary on your experience with both cars? Thanks.
The E46 M3 was great. Amazing motor, 333 N/A HP from a 3.2L straight six. Interior and build quality was obviously superior than an Evo. It looked badass as well. It is a bit dated by today's standards in terms of technology, but it was still one of my favorite cars. Evo X has a way better nav and sound system. It also handles better than my M3, and I had coilovers on the M. The Evo is also much more practical and useful here in Chicago where it snows half the damn year. The Evo X was just the perfect blend of daily driveablity, moddibilty, and trackability available brand new for $40k.

Don't get me wrong. I love the E92 M3, and I would be sitting in one right now instead of my X if I could afford the extra $25k. I'll probably pick one up in a few years, unless I can find a nice used CLK63 Black series or 911 GT3 around the $70k range by then.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

I think he is praising the Evo, so put your flame sticks away.

I'm not sure what your priority is, but you should consider what you want from your daily driver, rather than the short thrills that the Evo might give you. Seeing that you are coming from a GS430, ask yourself if the razor-sharp handling that the Evo provides is one of your priorities. You might be looking for something different from the GS, or you might want to have a sporty luxury car to cruise in.

I don't know about your financial situation but if price is not something to consider, the best all-around car you can get is probably the M3. It may not be the best value but you're paying for the complete package. I personally have a thing for the C63 but I don't have a 6-figure salary (do you?) so it's out of my price range. Either way you can probably find some pretty sweet deals for any of the cars since dealers are desperate to sell.

On another note you can also consider a GT-R, although it might be awhile before you can get your hands on one for MSRP.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Vagina analogy: Evo: Looks alright but clean, feels great... Oh, except now that you "bought" it, you're stuck with 4 stds and AIDS. Congrats on your purchase of a Mitsubishi Vagina. Oh, and no, sorry, there really is no warranty, have a great ****ing day.

Plus, your analogy as a come back to complaining about the interior seems a bit odd anyway. If the interior looks like ****, it probably feels like ****. Which... It does. But the X is certainly worlds better than the Grade C Jersey Prostitute interior that is the VIII and IX. Still, if I'm "dipping" my body into something for prolonged periods of time, I really prefer it to be a bit comfortable. I don't like to be sore after long rides
Old Nov 24, 2008, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Evo X seems to be the price conscious choice, I am actually you are actually compared the Evo X with the other cars you listed. Its all about your priorities, if your top priority is driving experience and best bang for bucks, then Evo X is your car.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

I thought mitsu was moving the X upmarket, given the C63,M3,and ISF are all upgrades from there $40,000 brothers it could be a fair comparo,(interior wise) sort of.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by wongck
I think he is praising the Evo, so put your flame sticks away.

I'm not sure what your priority is, but you should consider what you want from your daily driver, rather than the short thrills that the Evo might give you. Seeing that you are coming from a GS430, ask yourself if the razor-sharp handling that the Evo provides is one of your priorities. You might be looking for something different from the GS, or you might want to have a sporty luxury car to cruise in.

I don't know about your financial situation but if price is not something to consider, the best all-around car you can get is probably the M3. It may not be the best value but you're paying for the complete package. I personally have a thing for the C63 but I don't have a 6-figure salary (do you?) so it's out of my price range. Either way you can probably find some pretty sweet deals for any of the cars since dealers are desperate to sell.

On another note you can also consider a GT-R, although it might be awhile before you can get your hands on one for MSRP.
The GT-R was my #1 choice. After reading horror stories on nagtroc dot com about transmission failures, Nissan voiding warranties, dealers ripping off people with $2k services, lack of parts to fix sick GT-Rs and such BS that turned me off big time, I reconsidered and it seems that the M3 would be a better mule for my day to day driving, in style. So what am I doing here? well, I like the Evo MR as well. Hard to swallow the interior quality, but I do like the AWD, AYC, steering, gearbox... and the fact it's $30k+ cheaper.

I don't know, maybe I'll go to one more Mitsu dealership to test drive an MR one more time, harder this time, to make up my mind.

Oh, and one more thing in favor of the MR, the M3 does not have Brembo brakes. I have Brembos on my track car (97 Cobra, tricked out with over $20k of upgrades) and I love them, big plus.

Last edited by zebekias; Nov 24, 2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:21 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

The GT-R was my #1 choice. After reading horror stories on nagtroc dot com about transmission failures, Nissan voiding warranties, dealers ripping off people with $2k services, lack of parts to fix sick GT-Rs and such BS that turned me off big time, I reconsidered and it seems that the M3 would be a better mule for my day to day driving, in style. So what am I doing here? well, I like the Evo MR as well. Hard to swallow the interior quality, but I do like the AWD, AYC, steering, gearbox... and the fact it's $30k+ cheaper.

I don't know, maybe I'll go to one more Mitsu dealership to test drive an MR one more time, harder this time, to make up my mind.

Oh, and one more thing in favor of the MR, the M3 does not have Brembo brakes. I have Brembos on my track car (97 Cobra, tricked out with over $20k of upgrades) and I love them, big plus.
You can always get aftermarket Brembo's on an M3
Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:22 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

You can always get aftermarket Brembo's on an M3
Old Nov 24, 2008, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Vagina analogy: Evo: Looks alright but clean, feels great... Oh, except now that you "bought" it, you're stuck with 4 stds and AIDS. Congrats on your purchase of a Mitsubishi Vagina. Oh, and no, sorry, there really is no warranty, have a great ****ing day.

Plus, your analogy as a come back to complaining about the interior seems a bit odd anyway. If the interior looks like ****, it probably feels like ****. Which... It does. But the X is certainly worlds better than the Grade C Jersey Prostitute interior that is the VIII and IX. Still, if I'm "dipping" my body into something for prolonged periods of time, I really prefer it to be a bit comfortable. I don't like to be sore after long rides
Pleassee...
Spare us the Vagina Monologue.
This is mans discussion. Leave the PMS at the door.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 07:30 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

Is there way to replace all that plastic in the EVO X MR with Alcantara/suade, and leather?
Old Nov 24, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GNR
Is there way to replace all that plastic in the EVO X MR with Alcantara/suade, and leather?
With enough money, anything is possible.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

People need to stop comparing these cars. The EVO is the most special car available for $35k. The e92 M3 is $60 base, ISF same and C63 even more. I have a e46 M3 and you can't even compare the build quality with the EVO (and you shouldn't, as the EVO was $25K less new).

The only comparison is how the feel when driving, how they are on a track, etc. That is why they are continually put up against every super-car, etc.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 07:55 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

I know, We all know... Thats why I purchased the EVO X MR. In canada the MR, it starts @ $47,000, If you want to add navi, sun& sound Pkg=$52,000. What can you purchase for $47000.00 cdn, Lexus IS350, Bmw 335, and MB 350. All these r RWD, I wanted AWD.

Quick Reply: C63 vs M3 vs ISF vs Evo MR