Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Where to buy TPMS sensors for the X?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where to buy TPMS sensors for the X?

Hi,

I'm looking to pick up another set of wheels & want to buy an additional set of TPMS sensors, so I don't have to switch them out between the new wheels & stock wheels. Where are people buying these & at what price? I was quoted at $91/each from Mitsu.

Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4x-TP...ltDomainQ5f210

189 for the set.

also check with mitsubishi to see if you could have two sets of sensors programmed to your car.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You cannot have two sets per car. Only one. Just ask yourself if it's worth spending over $300 to turn a dash light off. I said hell no and have been riding around with my TPMS light on. It's no big deal.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Does a Mitsubishi dealer need to program the sensors or is there a universal tool that most dealers would have? I don't want to go to Mitsu with my mods, so I'd rather go to a family friend who works for a Ford dealer.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
You cannot have two sets per car. Only one. Just ask yourself if it's worth spending over $300 to turn a dash light off. I said hell no and have been riding around with my TPMS light on. It's no big deal.
Not having TPMS doesn't disable ASC or anything?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Tirerack have them 52 dollars each. Call them and ask.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

That's ridiculous! Thanks for the info on that I might just have to stay away from that idea then.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beyonddc
Tirerack have them 52 dollars each. Call them and ask.
Pretty sure I read on here that the dealers are not able to program the Tirerack sensors, though they are supposedly OEM sensors.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by macPSU
No, and that is 100%!

Keep in mind here that there was a thread floating around that someone claimed removing the TPMS sensors did disable the SAWC and AYC. It turned out though that coincidentally his AYC had a problem right around the same time he put on his wheels without the TPMS. Totally unrelated.

One other thing to add is that you will always have the (!) light on. It blinks for like 2 minutes after starting the car. And the triangle with the ! and the big (!) will appear on the MID until you hold the info button for 3 seconds. This screen will reappear anytime there is an event that changes something on the MID. For example - temp drops below 37 degree, you open a door, you take off your seatbelt, ASC kicks in, or a real issue pops up. No big deal though, you just have to hold the info button for another 3 seconds.

I honestly was concerned with it when I got my new wheels, but I got used to it after two trips. No big deal. If you can afford it and have lots of cash floating around, then go ahead and get them. I just think it's not worth it for guys like me who have to save money to buy stuff. I'd rather have $300 to put towards my exhaust. To each is own though.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Contact RusselM. I believe he is offering an employee discount on parts and I believe these were on the list.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

@ Thegame: is it just the flashing symbol & no beeping. i could see beeping every time I start the car to get quite annoying.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kidneythief13
@ Thegame: is it just the flashing symbol & no beeping. i could see beeping every time I start the car to get quite annoying.
No man, no beeping whatsoever. Just an initial flash for 1 minute or so. Then it stays constantly lit. This is funny because I asked someone the same question when I was figuring out whether or not to get the sensors. I'll try to take a short video tomorrow to show you guys.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

same exact thing here bro! my sensors were defective 2 months in and they still are!
its no biggie
Old Jan 5, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Pretty sure I read on here that the dealers are not able to program the Tirerack sensors, though they are supposedly OEM sensors.
I got mine from Tirerack and the dealer helped me to reprogram it without any problem.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
nope. My car is a living proof for that.

Quick Reply: Where to buy TPMS sensors for the X?