Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Test Drove an MR today

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking on treaddepot and tirerack for the cost to replace tires on an Evo X and the prices don't seem that bad I can get some cheap Kumo's for 133 a tire but the only thing I'm noticing though is that the tires say Summer, I'm not seeing any that say all season or winter. Can you guys tell me if the tires that come stock on an MR are Summer tires or all season. This may be pretty tough to answer but I'm also curious how often I would have to change tires if I don't go ripping around in it.

n/m i found some EAGLE F1 ALL SEASON for 165.00

Last edited by koolzero; Apr 22, 2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

I think my car had like 2 or 3 miles when I picked it up. It still had the white vinyl protectant sheets all over it and the spacers in the springs during shipping. Car looked like it was ready for a rally!

As for safety, I got t-boned by some jacka$$ who ran a stop sign. Hit me hard enough to deploy the side curtain airbags and the seat airbag. It rotated me almost 90* from the direction I was travelling. No floor or roof damage and frame is straight. After the work was done, I had a senior Mitsu tech put it on the lift at the dealership and we looked it over and he said it looked great.

So bottom line is that the car is tough and even after the accident, she drives just fine. No wind whistles, no creaks, no weird handling issues.

Here's a pic of my accident:

Hope you get one. RR is a gorgeous colour in the sun w/ the subtle metal flake...
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Very interesting about the results from the accident! My wifes accord got hit 2 days before christmas in 08. A car slid out of control on the interstate while she was stopped on the shoulder. Ins totaled out the car because ti was over 15,000 to fix. Side curtain airbags and seat airbags went off, I spoke to an ins guy and he said that typically when curtain and seat airbags go off they total out a vehicle because airbags cost a lot to replace. Glad to hear that wasn't the case with your Evo!

(The body shop removed panels to evaluate the damage)

Last edited by koolzero; Apr 22, 2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Just as an FYI the battery was probably dead because no one drove it for a long time... That's a good thing!
Old May 19, 2009, 02:07 PM

OP,

Did you end up buying the MR? I dealt with this same dealership recently on a RR gsr, and although the salesman was okay, the sales manager was not. Basically, he offered 6k less for my '09 MS3 than I paid for it 5 months ago, and made it a point to write "And this is WAY to high" on the bid sheet.

Bought a Apex Silver gsr from the Lawrence dealership for exactly the deal I wanted. I say hold out for a better deal!

-Ben
Old May 19, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

I sacrificed $4.5K on what I paid for a CPO BMW X3 (OTD figure; ie. tax/fees included) 5 months ago and traded it in with a GSR SSS just this Saturday. The economy right now is in a very bad state, and basically they will take your trade in at whatever price is reported at their local "auction". I tried selling my BMW on craigslist at $3K hit, but no one was even interested.

Good thing though is, I was able to get an $8.5K (including loyalty rebate) discount for my new GSR, combined with zero APR. So, pulling the trigger on the purchase wasn't too bad for me :-)

Last edited by tipoytm; May 19, 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old May 20, 2009, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DSP-S13
OP,

Did you end up buying the MR? I dealt with this same dealership recently on a RR gsr, and although the salesman was okay, the sales manager was not. Basically, he offered 6k less for my '09 MS3 than I paid for it 5 months ago, and made it a point to write "And this is WAY to high" on the bid sheet.

Bought a Apex Silver gsr from the Lawrence dealership for exactly the deal I wanted. I say hold out for a better deal!

-Ben
I did not buy it, I felt I was getting too raw a deal on my trades. The GM wrote the same stuff on my Murano and 350Z trade in bids I got from Edmunds. I don't owe anything on the Z and I almost have the Murano paid off, and the Z is a lot of fun to drive, so I'll keep it.
Old May 20, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.safercar.gov/portal/site/...002fd17898RCRD

no official data yet on the evo
Old May 21, 2009, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kdash106
is it a 08 evo thing? when i got my car it had 4 miles on it, i just took it home like that.
it's not an 08 thing, it's a BS thing. dude just got played by the salesman trying to get rid of a car with some miles on it
Old May 21, 2009, 06:22 PM

i was able to test drive an MR while i was purchasing my GSR........still prefer good ol fashion manual but the MR did shift suprisingly fast.
Old May 27, 2009, 05:17 AM

I had some time to kill last weekend so we went to go test drive the same mr as in the op as I'm also in the kc area.
I called before had to see what the price would be and they told me $35k. I ended up having them run my wife's credit because we're in the middle of a home refi that was mainly based off my credit so I didn't want them on mine. As such, I let my wife do the talking to see what price they'd give her in person. Well after drivng it, which was awesome by the way., we went inside to talk price. The salesman started in saying that they had the only new in the region (which isn't true) and that there isn't one to be had for 1000 miles. The sticker was $41 and he said the best he could do was $40,500 but that was only if she paid cash. What a snake! We smiled and walked out the door. Needless to say, when I'm ready to buy next month, I'm staying far away from them.