Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Adjusting height of HID headlights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:58 AM
ZHH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adjusting height of HID headlights

I tried searching and I couldn't find any instructions on how to raise the height of the EVO X HID headlights....anyone know how? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:13 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
owner's manual
Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, I'm sorry... I'm usually a defender of all things "noob"... But my friend, there are things that are soooo spelled out for you ON THE DASH, or even in the owner's manual, that it would be a waste of your time to search the internet for, let alone the forums. Take your time and get yourself acquainted with your newly acquired badass car. The reason why you don't usually find stuff like that on the forums, is because its either in the manual, or its so damn basic, it has no need for further explanation as outlined in the manual. Take my hint, and run... lol

My advice to you though: Please don't get butt-hurt on these forums. As everyone is, a noob is subject to some serious flaming by the community. So take all comments with a grain of salt dude. Have fun reading!
Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:40 AM

Don't feel to bad, i bought my car in Atlanta and made it all the way to Mobile (driving back to Houston) before i noticed the dial next to the steering wheel. Presuming you've already found it, enjoy!
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:18 AM
ZHH

I'm not talking about the dial, I am fully aware of that.

I am talking about raising them beyond what the dial can do. On my Evo 8 it was an easy adjustment located behind the headlight in the engine bay.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:30 AM

Gotcha, didn't think they included that type of adjustments with HIDs but I'm sure if so someone one the board will correct me.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 12:32 PM

I'd like to know if there is way to do this with the HID's as well. On my wife's STI, there is a screw you turn near the headlight that adjusts them up or down. Anyone know if that's possible on the X?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

It should be the same as it was on the VIII's... there was a how-to for the VIII in the VIII section, if it's not then I wouldn't have the first clue.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Found it with a quick search with "headlight"

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/6373768-post12.html
Old Aug 21, 2009, 01:44 PM

Maybe i didn't look well enough but i couldn't find anyplace (Hole) to access on a X..
Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Olaboy808
Ok, I'm sorry... I'm usually a defender of all things "noob"... But my friend, there are things that are soooo spelled out for you ON THE DASH, or even in the owner's manual, that it would be a waste of your time to search the internet for, let alone the forums. Take your time and get yourself acquainted with your newly acquired badass car. The reason why you don't usually find stuff like that on the forums, is because its either in the manual, or its so damn basic, it has no need for further explanation as outlined in the manual. Take my hint, and run... lol

My advice to you though: Please don't get butt-hurt on these forums. As everyone is, a noob is subject to some serious flaming by the community. So take all comments with a grain of salt dude. Have fun reading!
The dash adjustment only lowers the beams so that if the rear of the car is loaded the path of the beams can be adjusted to the nominal position. The default setting for the control is 0, and that is the highest the beams will go without opening the hood and manually controlling the height adjustment for each headlamp.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OZ_2435
Found it with a quick search with "headlight"

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/6373768-post12.html
you can either use a long screw driver to try to adjust it, i found it easier to use a 5.5mm socket with a small ratchet attached, works like a charm
Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ZHH
I'm not talking about the dial, I am fully aware of that.

I am talking about raising them beyond what the dial can do. On my Evo 8 it was an easy adjustment located behind the headlight in the engine bay.
Haha, my bad! I was hoping that you really didn't need help with that... but you never know nowadays..
Old Jul 2, 2011, 04:34 PM
DMP

Originally Posted by supergengo
The dash adjustment only lowers the beams so that if the rear of the car is loaded the path of the beams can be adjusted to the nominal position. The default setting for the control is 0, and that is the highest the beams will go without opening the hood and manually controlling the height adjustment for each headlamp.
Sorry for thread digging, but if the default setting is 0, what is the point of having adjustable headlights with a switch? Why would you want the headlights to shine down? Ive had my headlights on 0 since day one. Can someone explain to me why I would want to adjust them with the switch?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Already explained

Originally Posted by DMP
Sorry for thread digging, but if the default setting is 0, what is the point of having adjustable headlights with a switch? Why would you want the headlights to shine down? Ive had my headlights on 0 since day one. Can someone explain to me why I would want to adjust them with the switch?
Originally Posted by supergengo

Quick Reply: Adjusting height of HID headlights