Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Overspeed Chime/bell/ding dong or w/e!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2010, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by janlin
This is only on Middle East spec Evo's
thats right i got same thing
Old Jun 1, 2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Yousef
my friend disabled it @ Dubai dealer
they did not disable speed warning only, all warnings were gone
I HATE the reverse beeps ! I'm going to the dealer when I hit 8000kms to try to fix it. I don't mind the 120kmh speed warnings though, kinda wakes me up when I have no idea that I've reached 120kmh
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

i just got mine saturday evo x MRt basically the CDn version fully loaded. Ive had it upto 150 just goin downhill on the highway and nothing but my rockford pounding. No bells, chimes, whistles, or steam whisltles here
Old Sep 15, 2013, 05:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I thought it's gonna help somebody.

About 90% of the cars in Middle East and maybe some Asian markets have the same warning chime triggered over 120KPH
Luckily I have a US spec EVO that doesn't have this annoying sound

In order to disable it there are 2 methods :

" WARNING : I'm not responsible if my instructions damaged your vehicle or voided your warranty "

1- Remove your Gauge Cluster "Speedo" and try to find the source of the sound, usually it's a small black speaker that looks like an old motherboard speaker, just un-weld it and you're good to go.
The only downside to this method is that you are going to lose all of the regular warnings e.g. seat belt, tire pressure.. etc. but if you have the know-how maybe you can fit a toggle switch to that and disable it whenever you are ready to go MAAD .
" Done it successfully with 2006 Toyota Corolla, 2006 Mazda 6 "

2- Using the factory diagnostic tool, you will be able to get access to user parameters and disable it.
" Done it successfully with 2003 VW Passat - in a workshop "

For Mitsubishi vehicles you have yo use the M.U.T. III which is the dealer diagnostic tool and it's expensive, but some of forum members were able to use a Lexia-3 which is the diagnostic tool for Citroen and Peugeot to change some of the parameters in Outlander and EVO.

I ordered one off eBay for 90$ to use it on my friend's 2012 Peugeot, but I will try it on my EVO also to see if i'm able to change any of the parameters.

Last edited by waleedmango; Sep 15, 2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The above post is a great wake-up of an old thread. Just about every post between the original and the above is either worthless or an example of people boasting about speeding. I'm happy to have the thread going again, but if it turns into more "I've gone 165 with no beeps" or "you pinhead, the correct acronym for kilometers per hours is GHD," then I'm deleting just about every post other than the first and the above. Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 03:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got the Lexia 3 unit yesterday and ruined my EVO's computer by mistake, i'm trying to find a solution now.

Anyway, I succeeded with the over speed alarm de-activation for my friend's Peugeot 508

The following screenshot pulled from Peugeot using Diagbox 7.02

Name:  overspeed_zpse9986ede.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  84.0 KB

And this screenshot pulled from my EVO using the same device and program, I'm not sure if this one is the correct parameter to change

Name:  evospeedwarning_zps9272dc9b.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  95.1 KB

WARNING : Don't ever choose the automatic configuration as I did and ruined my car setting, because it's going to apply the Citroen's C crosser values to your EVO Be aware please.