Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Debating between Evo GSR and Audi A5

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the evo x will literally run circles around the a5 in every way possible, but if you’re looking for luxury go with the a5 and hang out with the yuppies => j/k

get some man points and buy the evo
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Luxury audi wins, but IMO the evo looks better.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

I wrote pretty much a book so sent it on a PM instead. But in my opinion, A5 base model still > EVO X, just not in the performance category.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

A5 is one of the sexiest cars on the road period. It stands up to an Aston, a Maserati, etc. It just exudes sex appeal and automotive beauty.

The 2.0 in that car struggles to move the car quickly enough to stay with any of its closest competitors (328i for example) but it's aesthetic appeal more than makes up for it. For only a few thousand more, literally, you can get the S5 and I would recommend that path if you have the funds.

I considered the S5 when I added the X to the garage with the IX, but rumors of the RS5 coming to the US made me hesitate. I now have the IX, X, and am hoping beyond hope that the RS5 comes stateside before the body style is altered too dramatically

Good luck on your decision either way. Honestly they are so different in their driving application that you can't go wrong either way
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

It's funny this thread popped up when it did! Was out on my front porch just this morning and saw a black A5 drive down my street. It LOOKS mean! The end of my street intersects with the main road, so you have to kind of boot it to merge in(extremely busy street at all hours). The A5 takes off and I'm expecting somewhat of a raspy exhaust note. Didn't happen. It sounded like an Accord as it took off, winding very hard to get up to speed. The sound of it just didn't fit the cars character at all. Not to mention it looked quite lethargic as it took off and went along. If I went the Audi route, it'd have to be 3.0T. Anything less would make me wish I had done it instead.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slo4g63
I wrote pretty much a book so sent it on a PM instead. But in my opinion, A5 base model still > EVO X, just not in the performance category.
you can say that about a lot of cars that are marketed for luxury over performance...

Acura TL > EVO X, just not in the performance category.

BMW 328i > EVO X, just not in the performance category.

Infiniti G37 > EVO X, just not in the performance category.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:41 AM

BTW, I am looking to lease the A5 first than buy it out if I choose the A5 over the EVO.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have never owned an Evo (and not knowing what other cars you may have owned that had some power) then you wouldn't miss power you never had. There are chips and such to mod the A5. I like the look of it much better than the X and if I had the money it might be a car I looked into, but having AWD and the abilities the Evo has would likely still make me stick with it.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

what car can really <Evo in a performance sense? Unless you are getting into some very high dollar cars.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jumpman86
BTW, I am looking to lease the A5 first than buy it out if I choose the A5 over the EVO.
I have never leased a car, but won't you lose your a@@ in the long run by doing this?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
I have never leased a car, but won't you lose your a@@ in the long run by doing this?
I am looking to buy it off after the lease so its not a total loss.

After all the factor are considered, I am probably buying the car for $42 - $45 k for the A5.

I may be getting a deal for a non SSS for $33k otd..
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jumpman86
I am looking to buy it off after the lease so its not a total loss.

After all the factor are considered, I am probably buying the car for $42 - $45 k for the A5.

I may be getting a deal for a non SSS for $33k otd..
I am sending you a PM and going to recommend someone to you right now!.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mj23foreva
you can say that about a lot of cars that are marketed for luxury over performance...

Acura TL > EVO X, just not in the performance category.

BMW 328i > EVO X, just not in the performance category.

Infiniti G37 > EVO X, just not in the performance category.
Yup you're correct which is exactly what I was saying. It's all going to come down to what the buyer truely wants. And what he/she is willing to put up with as a trade off.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Yup you're correct which is exactly what I was saying. It's all going to come down to what the buyer truely wants. And what he/she is willing to put up with as a trade off.
My Evo trade off came with seats that fall apart, air vents that have broken numerous times, gears that I can't get into without much effort and interior that sounds like I have my bass set at 25,000 decibles. Trade off indeed. Luxury v Performance.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, that's what i've been having such a hard time with since we have some tickets that may drive our insurance up quite a bit soon, so i've been looking myself. The A5 is out of my price range, but is indeed one very nice looking car for sure. I don't think i'd be happy with a car that didn't have the potential to run at least a 14 flat or close in the 1/4 when I have one from the factory that will run a 13.5 or 13.6... let alone with the mods I have on it now, I would imagine it is in the high 12's at least.

Quick Reply: Debating between Evo GSR and Audi A5