Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Aero Kit question...Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aero Kit question...Help!!!!

So I took my X to get and Oil change 2day then when i got it home I decided to wash it.I noticed the front aero kit lip rubber trim was slightyly hangin low on the left side!I kno I didnt hit nething so how could this happen/The I noticed a fairly nice scratch on the lip!Then I figured out the tech freakin hit the lift rails while pullin it in!!!Damnit!All these other ppl with the Aero kit fallin off and I never had a issure until now...All becuz somebody wasnt careful!

So my question is what kinda adhesive should i use to get the rubber trim back up in place...Its only hangin a about 5mm lower then what it was.Some ppl might think thats no big deal,but it my freakin car and I wanna maintain it for as long as possible...Only 2years of ownership with less the 11k miles.Plus If i drive it much longer with it hangin already it my get worse!Also does Mitsu have RR touch up paint?Or should i have a buddy thats a body shop manager hook me up with some?Does nebody kno the RR paint code?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
searching would do you wonders

Rally Red P26 MZ314000
Rally Red P85 A996PT1R12 (oil based)
Old Sep 5, 2010, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would have that tech or shop buy you a new one because that is complete negligence on their part. rediculous!!! i never trust anyone with any of my cars so i watch them pull it in when i have stuff done. although i do most everything myself but the alignment is the only thing i cant do.

also i didnt know there was a regular touch up paint and then also an OIL based. for my rotor glow GTS i had it was a touch up pen of the color on one side and clear on the other side. it was WAY darker than the stock orange
Old Sep 5, 2010, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lancerarmstrong
i would have that tech or shop buy you a new one because that is complete negligence on their part. rediculous!!! i never trust anyone with any of my cars so i watch them pull it in when i have stuff done. although i do most everything myself but the alignment is the only thing i cant do.

also i didnt know there was a regular touch up paint and then also an OIL based. for my rotor glow GTS i had it was a touch up pen of the color on one side and clear on the other side. it was WAY darker than the stock orange
Good luck with that...