Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Haters are everywhere.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haters are everywhere.

Haters are everywhere. So i was at the car wash getting my car washed (one of those where you pull up and get out while they drive it into the wash) it was too cold to do it by hand. Well i like to watch these guys when they get in my car to see what they do. This kid had to be at least 16 if not 18, he gets in my car to pull it up in line and all i hear is EPIC FAIL as he gets out. Everyone he works with looks at him and says what? He says i thought it was an Evo but its automatic so i think its a Ralliart. In my head i was like yeah it might be an auto and when you can afford $40K worth of car you can get what the F you want. His co works kept telling him it was an Evo but he was convinced it was a ralliart. I thought i rant about my first hater experience since i got my EVO MR T.

my car if you havent seen it.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...r-touring.html
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:25 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
A better question is, why are you getting your new Evo washed by a 16 year old slob?

Last edited by FJF; Dec 28, 2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
A better question is, why are you getting your new Evo car washed by a 16 year old slob?
I dont pick the ppl that drive the cars into the car wash its the company that hires them. i don't care who is doing as long as they don't mess anything up
IT needed to be washed so bad all the salt and dirt on it made it look brown and for 10.95 it wasn't a bad.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:35 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EXcel4600c
I dont pick the ppl that drive the cars into the car wash its the company that hires them. i don't care who is doing as long as they don't mess anything up
IT needed to be washed so bad all the salt and dirt on it made it look brown and for 10.95 it wasn't a bad.
Your car is black, right? Stop by the detailing forum in the spring.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ahhh, it's okay. He didn't know what he had in front of him.

And it's not like you bought the car to get anyone's approval.

If it was a ralliart, who cares, they are cool too and you don't have to prove anything.

Just enjoy your car, it's nice, for an X
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ha ha, they worshipped mine when I brought it to jiffy lube for an oil change since my car is to low to fit on my ramps. Idiot revved my car mad hard pulling it in and I said, " don't rev my **** like that... Have some respect, I wouldn't rev your ****box civic like that that". His coworkers laughed cause he really had a civic. But yea, always hand wash and yea gsr's rule lol
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't say he is a "hater." He was just was wrong about the type of model it was.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

i'd rather use one of those quick dry mr clean self wash than go to those car wash places
but of course i wash my own car..with the proper equipment/wash cause i love it
Old Dec 29, 2010, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

I got a gift certificate to one of those places, since my brother thought it would be a good idea. I plan on using it here in the near future since its way too cold to wash by hand, nor do I have a place to do it at my apartment. Luckily for me, it's a bunch of illegal immigrants working there and maybe 2 of them speak english, so all they will do is gawk at it and pull it into the bay.

Mexicans love my car? I had a waiter at a mexican restaurant talk to me for 20 minutes about my car, the first 10 were cool, the next 10 I just really wanted my Dos Equis.

@OP: I know what you mean, I definitely have a few haters of my own at my work. Idiots talk about how I drive a "drift" car. All I can do is shake my head at the ignorance that flows with the non-car people. However, the dudes that drive the M3's and Porsche's, they are the ones who show respect? weird. The old man driving the 911 saw Recaro and Brembo and he knew what it was.

*No disrespect to any LEGAL mexicans is meant in this post*
Old Dec 29, 2010, 07:15 AM

yeah there is one in every crowd. I actually usually have people that really like my car, and will come and ask me questions. When I was moving and didn't have anywhere to change my oil myself I took my oil and filter over to the local Honda dealer and asked them to change my oil. The techs come out of the back and are asking me what all I have done and stuff, and one even called his g/f to come over and look at it, as I guess she is a big evo fan. After all that they didn't even change me for the oil change. I was ok with it.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evofan_08
Ha ha, they worshipped mine when I brought it to jiffy lube for an oil change since my car is to low to fit on my ramps. Idiot revved my car mad hard pulling it in and I said, " don't rev my **** like that... Have some respect, I wouldn't rev your ****box civic like that that". His coworkers laughed cause he really had a civic. But yea, always hand wash and yea gsr's rule lol
Wow

You take your car to jiffy lube for an oil change? Thats what you get for taking there. I feel bad for your car.

Being low is not an excuse, all you need is 2" of wood to drive on.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoX-11
Wow

You take your car to jiffy lube for an oil change? Thats what you get for taking there. I feel bad for your car.

Being low is not an excuse, all you need is 2" of wood to drive on.
Why not? They have $2 off coupon in the newspaper.

It amazes me to see how some car owners treat their cars..........
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

I don't see the difference with an oil change? Despite the fact that I had my first oil change at the dealership due to me needing to have a few other things fixed, I would take my car to the Express Oil Change down the street in a heartbeat.

Why are you guys hating on the quick oil change places? If you run to walmart real quick and buy your own oil and order a box of OEM filters off the net and hand it to the guys, whats it matter who does the physical labor? Sure the dealership techs have been "certified" to work on your vehicle, but they care no more for your vehicle then the dude at Jiffy lube. So like I said, does it really matter what 17 year old high school dropout person changes your oil?

Some people just spend entirely too much money on things that could be saved.. I dont get it. I guess if you got it...
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostedSlvrGSR
ISo like I said, does it really matter what 17 year old high school dropout person changes your oil?
It only matters when the dope overfills the oil, forgets to put the cap back on, steals your Mobil One and puts garbage bulk oil in or something of the sort....
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goforwand
It only matters when the dope overfills the oil, forgets to put the cap back on, steals your Mobil One and puts garbage bulk oil in or something of the sort....
lol, good point. Thats why when they would offer me a seat in the waiting room with free coffee, I'd just act like I had to make a phone call and walk around outside the garage bay and watch them pour the Mobil One in

Quick Reply: Haters are everywhere.