Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

I'm gonna cry!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I couldn't see a car hitting you, doing that little damage to your bumper, AND pushing your car that far forward. I feel like if it all impact with another car, it would have caused a lot more damage to push your car that far forward.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ilovesaget
I couldn't see a car hitting you, doing that little damage to your bumper, AND pushing your car that far forward. I feel like if it all impact with another car, it would have caused a lot more damage to push your car that far forward.
I agree. I think with the car in gear the hole would probably be bigger.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
+1 Tow hitch. The SOB probably did it at an angle because of the constritive parking. Are parking spots usually taking/filled across where X is pictured above? Upgrade your alarm with mercury sensor nothing else. liquid mercury is your friend
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sil'vr-Boi6
+1 Tow hitch. The SOB probably did it at an angle because of the constritive parking. Are parking spots usually taking/filled across where X is pictured above? Upgrade your alarm with mercury sensor nothing else. liquid mercury is your friend

na flame thrower , just kidding sorry about the damage i hope you figure out who did this.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by kakashi
You can see the drag marks on the floor and the grass... the person who uses that carport directly behind you hit your car. having lived there, you should have a general idea of who uses that carport more than anyone else.. just look around for someone who has cosmetic damage.
I'm not sure if the thread is on here or EvoXForums, but there was a guy in a similar situation and did exactly that - some detective work. He found a guy in the neighborhood with cosmetic damage that fit the crime, and then laid down the hammah!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ilovesaget
This is an assumption on your part that this was a collision involving speed. You can easily push a car that is in gear. You can also do so without caving in the end of the car.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I agree with the tow hitch theory. I would go check with the apartment management and see if a truck is registered to any of those spots across from you. If so, they might have been able to remove the paint from the hitch, but you can still measure the height where a tow hitch would be and see if it's a likely story.

Good luck!

Michael
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:25 AM

definately a trailer hitch ball mount. I actually backed into a car at my bank with my truck and it did the same type of damage to a honda's bumper. Sucks!! I actually didn't even see the little car because the back of my truck sits up so high. I didn't know what I hit until I got out of the truck to look.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:25 AM

yea someone had to hit the car
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Since it's a hit and run, it would not be on your comp/collision, but instead on your uninsured/underinsured coverage, which usually has a lower deductible ($250 is common). You will want to file a police report if you plan on taking it to insurance.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:34 AM

I understand why guys are asking why is there little damage but it moved that far. I was also confused. First thing I checked was if I was in gear and I was and at that spot is in an incline.

Originally Posted by spdngdragon
This is an assumption on your part that this was a collision involving speed. You can easily push a car that is in gear. You can also do so without caving in the end of the car.
This is my fear. Somebody intentionally pushed my car all the way in.

Also, you think this damage, I can ask the insurance to replace the whole bumper? Would this increase my premium?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
I've gotten damage repaired on my car and I don't think my premium went up a bit. My condolences goes out to you and the Evo....
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

weird how they were able to move your car when it was in gear and ebrake engaged.

gl finding out what happened
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
uninsured motorist claims will not raise your insurance. They treat it as a no fault claim in Washington.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Feb 17, 2011, 08:07 PM

I had similar damage(minus the car moving). I didn't make a claim. It cost about 500 (about same as deductible). Took it to a good body shop and they were able to repair the rear bumper. You cannot tell that there was ever any damage even though it had looked like a tow hook had impaled my bumper. Most of the cost involved was the paint and labor.

Quick Reply: I'm gonna cry!