Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

I'm gonna cry!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gonna cry!

I woke up this morning and saw this!!!! No note or anything. But one thing I can't figure out is how the heck it moved forward that far (almost a car length). Looks like sombody tried to push it forward that far. I thought I forgot to gear it or the park brake but I check and it was on gear. Can you also give suggestions on how it hit my car.

Lastly, any suggestions on how to deal with it. Claim it with insurance?

I'm very sad and gonna cry

Last edited by Kracka; Feb 17, 2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: fixed img tags
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:09 AM

looks like some retard hit it with a tow hitch freakin sucks bro u should only claim insurance if the damage is way over your deductible because if its under ur deductible not only do u have to pay the full amount but ur premium might even go up. so take it to a shop first and get a estimate and go from there.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:12 AM

Man that sucks! It looks like someone bumped into you with their tow hook while backing up... that would make me want to cry too, i feel you! My first car was totaled while parked on the street too, check it out...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1235437025

Last edited by GTbullet; Feb 17, 2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: picture didn't show
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

that red truck in the last pic did it! look for a tow mount on the back and measure it to see if its the same height, also look for white paint on it
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:19 AM

Late night drinking? There is no way that car was pushed forward that far with so little damage. Really? Bummer to see, so nice and new, just pay your deductible and get it fixed i guess....
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

I'd definitely walk around the parking lot and look for anything with a tow hitch. Also might be worth putting up posters asking if anyone witnessed anything (offer a small reward)
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
look at the damage...to me I would not jump and say that a truck with a hitch did the damage. I am not sure about there, but at the apartment I lived in years ago, the spots under the carport were reserved for people by name. It looks like your car was pushed straight forward. You can tell this by the trajectory of motion as well as by the damage on the rear. This would bring into question the possibility of the person straight across the drive from you being that thick that they backed out of their spot and all of the way into your spot in an effort to easily pull out of their parking spot.....that is where I would start. With any luck, no structural damage happened to your car because of the even loading across the rear bumper. This would mean that the bumper skin and the foam underbumper would be all that you would need....
definitely sucks man (or girl...not sure which you are ). I feel for you.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:48 AM

Hey guys,

That's what I'm wondering is why a little damage but it moved that far. I live near the university so probably drunk jerks with their trucks picked my car to push around. Jealous F**kers. One thing though, if it is in gear, would it still move? Because there are no tire marks or anything.

My deductible is $500. I looked around the bumper and it looked liked it got moved just less than 1/8" (looking the rear fender). The fitment of the bumper looks ok (no big gaps or anything). Talked to a cop that was in the area he told me there's two cars been hit (side) in the other parking lot. He was there looking for the jerk who might done those.

Damn, all the cars there and mine got hit. It should have hit my other DD car instead (Civic).

Last edited by aoshi; Feb 17, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any signs of the car being pushed by hand? Finger prints?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Evo Tengoku
Any signs of the car being pushed by hand? Finger prints?
I also checked that but there's no marks or anything.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by lswing
Late night drinking? There is no way that car was pushed forward that far with so little damage. Really? Bummer to see, so nice and new, just pay your deductible and get it fixed i guess....
That's one of my theory. Somebody (drunk or just plain retard) pushed it with their car.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by spdngdragon
look at the damage...to me I would not jump and say that a truck with a hitch did the damage. I am not sure about there, but at the apartment I lived in years ago, the spots under the carport were reserved for people by name. It looks like your car was pushed straight forward. You can tell this by the trajectory of motion as well as by the damage on the rear. This would bring into question the possibility of the person straight across the drive from you being that thick that they backed out of their spot and all of the way into your spot in an effort to easily pull out of their parking spot.....that is where I would start. With any luck, no structural damage happened to your car because of the even loading across the rear bumper. This would mean that the bumper skin and the foam underbumper would be all that you would need....
definitely sucks man (or girl...not sure which you are ). I feel for you.
You're right. All those covered are reserved and uncovered are for everyone. I also checked those across me and can't see any visual white paint on their cars.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:26 AM

**** that sucks!! Sorry to hear about it. Hope you find the jerk that did it.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:26 AM

You can see the drag marks on the floor and the grass... the person who uses that carport directly behind you hit your car. having lived there, you should have a general idea of who uses that carport more than anyone else.. just look around for someone who has cosmetic damage.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aoshi
You're right. All those covered are reserved and uncovered are for everyone. I also checked those across me and can't see any visual white paint on their cars.
a straight on pushing action at a slow speed does not leave visible paint on the car doing the pushing. There is no surface shearing action or heat buildup to facilitate the paint transfer...look at your bumper. If you do not see pieces of paint missing, then you will never find the paint on another car...

Quick Reply: I'm gonna cry!