Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How many miles on your 2008?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys make me feel like I drive my car a lot! Bought my car in June 2010 and just hit 12,000 miles this month! I know it's not 2008, but meh.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
48k miles
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:44 PM

no problems. no clutch change just fluids
Old Sep 1, 2011, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

I bought my 08 used in November with around 8k miles on it so I bought mine barely used. Only 4k a year. At this moment nearing 10 months of owning my baby im in the 16000 range so almost doubled, it is my dd tho to school work and everywhere else. Glad it's an mr.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the additional posts it looks like there is a nice variation of higher mileage and some really low only putting about 4K a year! Even though it has doubled now lol.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I think who first owned my car from new just tracked it with 8k miles in 2 years. When I bought it the stock tires were bald and my brake pads were worn.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 08:45 PM

I bought mine at 3pm on Tuesday and dropped it off at the dealer at 11am Wednesday because a light came on in the dash saying there was a problem with the AWD... FML.

Car has 20k on it.

Edit. forgot to mention that I got a sweet 2004 Hyundai Azura? as a temp replacement! So in the span of 2 days I went from driving a 07 STi to an 08 Evo then to a 04 Hyundai...
Old Sep 2, 2011, 07:56 AM

22,000 everything is great. love the car, clutch is kinda soft for the car but it was in my VIII also.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
What kind of dealer induced problems? Did they cover the repairs?
Stupid stuff like, if I went to get something replaced or fixed the fools at the dealership would jacked something totally different up. Like I had to get my SAWC pump replaced during the winter time; they put it on the lift and had the trunk opened and messed the back of the trunk up. They had fixed the problem but I had noticed a small chip on the rear quarter panel right near the SSS wing that wasn't there before. I had took it back to them and they were trying to pawn it off as a rock chip.....it was a mess. Needlesstosay I didn't see my Evo for a couple days (with the painting and sanding) and my dealership at the time had the habit of not calling you when your car was finished. Since then they've hired some new folks so, its gotten a little better but they need more Evo Techs. Another dealership costed me a clutch though, they were doing some work and forgot to replace a gasket and fluid got into my transmission case and soaked the flywheel, clutch everything......
Old Sep 2, 2011, 09:25 AM

41K - no major probs!

41k miles - rock solid - no mechanical problems - still on the original clutch!
Just routine maintenance - plus...
* replaced brake pads around 35k
* replaced the battery around 35k
* replaced summer tires around 30k
(I do swap to pure-winter tires 1/3 of the year)

and NVH issues - but - it's an EVO so I can't expect it to be rattle free
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Old Sep 2, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MAS2377TECH
Stupid stuff like, if I went to get something replaced or fixed the fools at the dealership would jacked something totally different up. Like I had to get my SAWC pump replaced during the winter time; they put it on the lift and had the trunk opened and messed the back of the trunk up. They had fixed the problem but I had noticed a small chip on the rear quarter panel right near the SSS wing that wasn't there before. I had took it back to them and they were trying to pawn it off as a rock chip.....it was a mess. Needlesstosay I didn't see my Evo for a couple days (with the painting and sanding) and my dealership at the time had the habit of not calling you when your car was finished. Since then they've hired some new folks so, its gotten a little better but they need more Evo Techs. Another dealership costed me a clutch though, they were doing some work and forgot to replace a gasket and fluid got into my transmission case and soaked the flywheel, clutch everything......
That sucks the dealer was so careless. At least they finally took care of everything, even though you had to hassle with it.

Jotun X- thats not the best way to start a new ownership. Even though they gave you a sweet rental lol. Let us know what you find out!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 03:14 PM

60k, stock cluch. My seat belt sensor died around 40k, it was annoying as **** (you would stop at a light and the beeping noise would return!), but replaced under warranty. Around 45k, my MAF died on me, and car would idle at like 2k rpm, also replaced under warranty.

I've been good ever since (knock on wood). I am completely stock except AP Stage 2 LWG map.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Sufu that doesn't sound too bad except for being overly annoying lol. As long as they were all covered that is great! Did you just flash your ECU back to stock before bringing in for service?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 06:13 PM

24K here, no problem yet!!! DD my car, living in NYC, turbo-back tuned and coilover making too much noises. LOL....

Quick Reply: How many miles on your 2008?