Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Seibon cw cf hood

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seibon cw cf hood

I was wondering if anyone had bought the same hood from seibon? I just recieved the hood and installed it. It does not lock down all the way. Also the holes for the window sprayer are too small. Was wondering if anyone have the same issue....I have a 2011 X MR. I even took off the front bumper to see why it wasn't locking down...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Could just be the hood doesn't fit right. Seibons stuff has been proven to be hit or miss. I thought you had to drill the holes out a little for the sprayers tho.. Could be wrong.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

The sprayer I'm 100% would not fit; but right now I'm more concerned on how to get the hood to latch down all the way. I tried to reallign to make sure it was perfected and it was. I even remove the front bumper to see where it was holding it up at...could not see where it was.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
So you can't even push it down with force? I thought you were saying that once its latched it just sits a little high. It's definitely hanging up somewhere? You didn't leave a wrench under the hood did you? Haha. I know I've done that before.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Nah definitely not...someone else had the same issue when I search 'issue with cw hood'
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

ugakirk you have the CW hood by chance?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

didn't you know that Seibon means garbage in French?

To each their own, obviously; but I fail to see the reason for changing the stock aluminum hood with some cheap piece of carbon fiber that rarely fits properly. Same applies for the trunk lid. Unless you're building a race car, where every once matters, what does shaving off 5 lbs actually accomplish? Just go to the gym and lose the 5 lbs permanently, if needed. Or take a strong laxative before you go out for "spirited" driving.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Its just to give the car a nice edge look. It looks pretty good.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:27 PM

Seibon has always been hit or miss. Thats all parts they make. Different moldings different facilities. I understand people are on a budget but you pay for what you get. Sometimes you have to spend more to get more quality. Sometimes replicas fit fine like major brands but not in this case. This is the reason why I will never buy Seibon
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2010XMAN
Seibon has always been hit or miss. Thats all parts they make. Different moldings different facilities. I understand people are on a budget but you pay for what you get. Sometimes you have to spend more to get more quality. Sometimes replicas fit fine like major brands but not in this case. This is the reason why I will never buy Seibon

Do you know any good ones for our car ? I called seibon they told me I had to loosen the screw for the latch; as far as the hole for the washer they said they did it on purpose as it was hand made. I would have to file it to make the hole bigger or buy a new sprayer for $18 bucks. But as far as the part goes it does look nice. There is a minor small gaps on both sides. But not noticable.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you sure it's authentic? Where did you buy it from?

Seibon products have a Seibon badge. There's a lot of replica **** that gets sold as Seibon.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:45 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookitznite
Do you know any good ones for our car ?
I think Varis makes one.. and I'd sure hope it'd be decent.

Originally Posted by acm_evo
To each their own, obviously; but I fail to see the reason for changing the stock aluminum hood with some cheap piece of carbon fiber that rarely fits properly. Same applies for the trunk lid.
If I ever change to a CF hood, it's cuz I've got a really tiny dent in mine from a stray rock.. and it bugs the living **** outta me. The hood would have to be lighter and look/fit just as good as the stock alu hood, though.

And if I ever change to a CF Do-Luck trunk.. it's cuz they look unbelievably good
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fishstix
Are you sure it's authentic? Where did you buy it from?

Seibon products have a Seibon badge. There's a lot of replica **** that gets sold as Seibon.

yes it authethnic...Theres a badge underneath it; I called seibon about the issue, they told me how to fix it.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:08 AM

Poor quality in my book if fitment is off and you need to file down or replace washers and adjust latches. Hope your hood doesnt fly up and you get into an accident.

Varis simply asks you to take out the box, remove old hood bolt theirs on and enjoy the craftsmanship. My Hood has zero defects and zero alignment issues.
VARIS and Do-Luck FTW