Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Stupid Fast Key!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes that part is awesome but the fact that you can drive away when the car is running with the "no key found" message up on the center console is a bit ridiculous!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
really? you don't need to do any stupid window nonsense... start the car, get out, close the door, pull the actually key out of the fob and lock the door manually... its really not that big of a deal
Try that and let me know how it works for you. I've tried it and it doesn't work. Hence the reason 3 different people suggested the "stupid window nonsense"..
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by bmxking45
Yes that part is awesome but the fact that you can drive away when the car is running with the "no key found" message up on the center console is a bit ridiculous!
all keyless start cars are like this cause:

Originally Posted by TheBlade
That would be stupid.

Lets say you are on the freeway, cruising at 60mph+ and the battery in your FASTkey dies. The car then thinks "it's not in range anymore"

...and once you wreck because you're trying to recover without the assist on your brakes or steering
Originally Posted by ugakirk
Try that and let me know how it works for you. I've tried it and it doesn't work. Hence the reason 3 different people suggested the "stupid window nonsense"..
I have tried it, I do it almost every morning...

just for the record, when I say lock the door manually, I mean put the actual key in the key hole and turn it (not sure if anyone can interpret that any other way, but just in case...)
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

I've driven my vette around town without the key, good thing i just went cruising around and didn't turn it off, lol
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Alpha X
The only time the Fast key pisses me off is when my phone the the key are in the same pocket >.<
I hate that, it seems I am always doing this too!
Other than that I love it! Don't have to take my key out of my pocket to unlock, start the car or lock it
I do like this about It, but I miss actually inserting a key! Sometimes I leave the key in the center console and get out go to lock it, then I am searching for the stupid fob.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by ugakirk
Strange that this doesnt work for you.. What happens when you try?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

OEM remote starts arent that bad plus they work great with the FAST key. I got the Outlander sport remote start... the sexy remote not the one with the long antenna. Yeah i have to restart my car when i open the door cause the car has shut off when you grab the doorto unlock it. but my car is warmed up and ready to go and it runs for 10 min or 30 min. For less than $500, installed it myself in 2hrs ill deal with it plus i dont need it to run longer than 10 min anyway just long enough for my seat to be warm and the water temp to be warm. Oh also this is for autos or SSTs plug and play.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:01 PM

when the car is running, to open the trunk i usually use the botton on my fob..

Originally Posted by EXcel4600c
OEM remote starts arent that bad plus they work great with the FAST key. I got the Outlander sport remote start... the sexy remote not the one with the long antenna. Yeah i have to restart my car when i open the door cause the car has shut off when you grab the doorto unlock it. but my car is warmed up and ready to go and it runs for 10 min or 30 min. For less than $500, installed it myself in 2hrs ill deal with it plus i dont need it to run longer than 10 min anyway just long enough for my seat to be warm and the water temp to be warm. Oh also this is for autos or SSTs plug and play.
they have another OEM remote start that doesnt have that long antenna?
tell me more.. lol
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by warmmilk
all keyless start cars are like this cause:

I have tried it, I do it almost every morning...

just for the record, when I say lock the door manually, I mean put the actual key in the key hole and turn it (not sure if anyone can interpret that any other way, but just in case...)
Originally Posted by bmxking45
Originally Posted by JepRocks
when the car is running, to open the trunk i usually use the botton on my fob..

they have another OEM remote start that doesnt have that long antenna?
tell me more.. lol
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58378

Popping the truck wwhile the car is running i can just push the button on the trunk with mine.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
^I have a GSR, so OEM remote start isn't an option for me...
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alpha X
The only time the Fast key pisses me off is when my phone & the the key are in the same pocket >.<

Other than that I love it! Don't have to take my key out of my pocket to unlock, start the car or lock it
Yeah I have to make sure I keep my iphone in the other pocket all the time.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

That would be stupid.

Lets say you are on the freeway, cruising at 60mph+ and the battery in your FASTkey dies. The car then thinks "it's not in range anymore"

...and once you wreck because you're trying to recover without the assist on your brakes or steering

It's why it beeps to let you know you've taken the key away from the car. If you started the car, left with the key, and left your key while away from the car, you are sort of asking for this to happen. I use a keychain clip and leave it clipped to my belt loop. So I always have the key on me.
That's a little extreme. On the freeway I'd simply pull over.

Last edited by stvbreal; Jan 30, 2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stvbreal
That's a little extreme. On the freeway I'd simply pull over.
If you're on the freeway and you're engine cuts, you'll likely need to slow down and steer to the shoulder. That's what I'm saying. If your brakes lose their vacuum assist and you lose power steering, don't you think to "simply pull over" might be a challenge?

I'm not saying people would wreck all the time, I definitely grew up driving a 4k+lb truck with no power steering and crappy brakes, but if your engine just cut out 1 time while on the highway and then you were told "It's designed to just cut the first time you tap the brakes if the FASTKey isn't detected in range" it would be lawsuit city.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

If you're on the freeway and you're engine cuts, you'll likely need to slow down and steer to the shoulder. That's what I'm saying. If your brakes lose their vacuum assist and you lose power steering, don't you think to "simply pull over" might be a challenge?

I'm not saying people would wreck all the time, I definitely grew up driving a 4k+lb truck with no power steering and crappy brakes, but if your engine just cut out 1 time while on the highway and then you were told "It's designed to just cut the first time you tap the brakes if the FASTKey isn't detected in range" it would be lawsuit city.
Trust me, I've been there.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the fast key an option or standard equipment?

Quick Reply: Stupid Fast Key!!