Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

GG vs WW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GG vs WW

I might change the color of the Evo X from GG to WW this week depending on responses here...

Does WW stand out more from GG? With WW is it easier to match wheels to it and have a wider spectrum to choose? Do you think WW is sexier?

GG is a nice color but at the same time I feel limited to certain wheels because of color choices to match. Another thing is I need contrast. The GG makes all black accents such as the diffuser and grill blend in and I wanted it to pop out more.

I had a White Lancer GTS prior to the Evo X and always got compliments on the color and the way the grill was blacked out.

Just got the car in December so its the 2012 GG GSR and was just wondering if it would be all that worth it to change colors.. It'll be painted by a DuPont painter this week if I decide to go through with it.

I know I should have gotten it WW in the first place if I decide to change it but that's aside from the fact.

Enlighten me.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:12 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

Nah, don't change it. GG is awesome. EVERYONE has WW. But why are you painting it? Accident?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you talking about trading it in for a WW or painting your GG to a WW? It's your money but I see it as a complete waste of $$greens$$ if you are repainting it to another stock color. I might agree more if you were picking a custom color and going from there...but to an OEM color....I wouldn't.

Not bashing ya...just saying.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't waste your money repainting a brand new car. Stick with what you have. Both are really great colors, but it's not gonna be worth the money and hassle. Maybe wait 10 years down the road, when the paint isn't in as good of shape, then redo it.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

If you are repainting, don't get WW.

If you want a nice white, check out a 1999 Prelude or i think a 2001. One of them had a Premium white Pearl as a color. I had it on my old lude (was repainted to that color when bought thats why can't recall).

Had a nice blue pearl to it w/ flakes.

WW is just a bland white. But a nice bland white lol
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

dont do it, ww is wayyyyyy too common
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:26 PM

Good responses my Evo X bros.

Not due to an accident or anything just repainting.

Might be right to change colors down the road but Im trying to mod the car quickly so Ill just maybe get the color I want and have everything to match aesthetically asap then can work on performance solely.

Maybe getting stock OEM color might not be good thing then. How about a Lexus IS pearl white? or possibly the STi pearl white?

Any other suggestions on white variants?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Pearl colors look really good, but if anything ever gets damaged down the road, it's very difficult to match.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:29 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

You should keep GG, it looks so sick. If I could have gotten GG I would've.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:36 PM

WW is the best looking color on the Evo X...I myself wanted to get GG or PB and was sold on either of those colors and actually don't really care for white cars in general, but after several visits to the dealer and carefully analyzing the color options WW is just the best looking color on the X with the way the blacked out grill and other exterior trim compliments it...Also, this might sound strange but the car looks like it is a more exotic/expensive in WW...in GG/PB it just doesn't look as exotic/expensive as the car actually is and looks more like a normal 4dr sedan imho that could be more easily confused with a regular lancer...

On that note if you are going white stick to the factory WW paint if you want to retain resale value...putting Lexus or STI white paint on the X will absoulely diminish resale value if that matters to you...
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdmEviL8
dont do it, ww is wayyyyyy too common
+1

GG is a very nice color. Everyone has WW and it's played out.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
They don't make a GG for 2012. They have a MG, Mercury Grey..?

I would just trade it in for a WW Evo. I see no benefit of painting it unless you go a custom color. How much will it cost to paint the car? Like 4k? Isn't that basically what you would lose on trade in? Or Atleast close to it? Plus in my mind, it would make the resale value a lot worse over a factory painted car.

I say 1. Leave it as is, 2. Trade it in for a WW, Or 3. Paint it a custom color.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:51 PM

Bigstak I actually agree with what you say too. Those were the exact points I was basing. my decision. Actually going to visit the painter today and talk out the colors with him and maybe even have him start on my aero lip to see.

Keep you guys updated then.

Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:54 PM

Uga, ooh I thought it was GG but no wonder it looks blue-is.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Alpha X
+1

GG is a very nice color. Everyone has WW and it's played out.
True, but it doesn't bother me since I'm the only white X that is from here. Plus I think it is the best looking color for the X strictly for the contrast reason. I'm actually the only white X I have ever seen in person. Here in Augusta, have a PB, AS, OB, and me..

Quick Reply: GG vs WW